UPS: tentative agreements were not ratified

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 35years, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Get a damn dictionary friend!

Taylor never announced they would go back to the table! He said he would see if the company is amiable to changes!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS BEING USED!

I don't give a donkey's dick what the 46% agree with! Dennis Taylor is trying to use a part of the IBT constitution designed to prevent an all out strike to ram a POS contract, in which he was in bed with the company, down our throats! :censored2: him and :censored2: his family and neighbors!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

54% of the 44% that voted. Hardly a mandate.

3. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say it ratifies strictly by IBT rules. I would say that this contract ratifies by OUR own votes.

Bottom line is that we knew we needed a supermajority vote here, and we teamsters failed to vote that way. The blame is on us. We had the power to reject this contract, yet we did not.

4. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

When did I say I was either an officer or agent?

What are you going to do now that the master has passed and your supplement has passed?

Obviously you are a man who wants what is right. It appears that you are now, not only stuck with 22.4 drivers but Part Time Feeder drivers. Since you are such a truth seeker what will you do to expose this obvious oversight in pushing for the passage of a supplement but voting down a master?

5. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

LOL, no they're not. Full-timers are only a little less apathetic than part-timers. Which is even sadder, because the full-timers have more vested in the company. The part-timers, with their crap pay and work since 1982, at least have more of a reason (although it's still not an excuse) to be apathetic.

Hell, it's not even necessarily because of crap pay and work, either. It's the demographics of who works part-time at UPS. Lots of college kids, lots of people who won't stay with the company anyways. Why would they vote? It won't affect them in the long run. They system is rigged as a result because of the Article XII language that's been there for a while now.

6. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

So your saying the people that didn’t vote should help determine the outcome for the majority? If you don’t vote, it shouldn’t influence the outcome. It’s being used as a yes vote essentially. Even UPS is confused by the IBT behavior. I actually love it! This will be a cakewalk for Sean now.

7. wide load

Simple, I’ll just produce all the past emails and correspondence I have between high ranking IBT elected officials and how they influence local elections.

8. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Do it, don’t just talk about it. Let’s see them.

9. wide load

It’s gonna happen but, timing is everything. Now isn’t the time. Be patient.

10. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Thas what you say all the time. You have said it in the past. You are full of hot air. All talk, no substance. If you have anything, give us a taste right now. If you don’t you are just an innerwebs punk tough guy.

Put out something

11. wide load

Lmfboooooo. Clown! Me and my people have no issue talking to IRB. Put some cash aside! God I hope Mark
    is overseeing the next election!

12. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

If you didn't even bother to vote you're essentially saying that you're fine with whatever the IBT and UPS come up with so yeah, it might as well be a yes vote. It's definitely not a no vote.

13. wide load

Nor should it be a yes vote. You can argue the person doesn’t give an F

14. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Sure, you can make that argument. But when over half the workforce "doesn't give an F" it doesn't give the union much leverage at the bargaining table. How can you credibly threaten a work stoppage when only 24% of members rejected the contract?

15. a911scanner

a911scanner Active Member

You know, they say that roughly 60% of our workforce is part time employees.

As it stands, just a little under 60% didn't vote on the contract.

Things that make you say "hmmmm??"

16. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

They had a better turnout percentage because in freight they can't just hire a bunch of people to sway the vote. You have to have a CDL. I've never seen so many new hires, Have any of you?

17. Casca

Casca Member

so its FT vs PT ?....make PT votes count as 1/2 of a FT vote.....also consider why PT people get the same benefits as FT ?.........look at the costs

18. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

So just hours after we got the middle finger by our own union, you're wanting to get this 2023 contract on. Excuse me while I "LOL".

19. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk just wondering

20. just chillin'

just chillin' Rest in peace wooba

50000 say no
    42000 say yes
    110000 say I couldn’t care less