UPS Weapons Policy?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER!!! Let UPS search your vehicle. Your vehicle is private property, this has been upheld over and over again in court. Just because UPS is granting you the right to park on their private property doesn't give them the legal authority to search your vehicle.

Also, the US Constitution grants you to the right to lawfully transport firearms.

18 U.S.C. sec. 926A

So remember....

You vehicle is YOUR private property.
No business has the legal authority to search your private property.
You are allowed to transport firearms in your vehicle.
The US Constitution always wins!

that wouldn't stop them from firing me

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
speaking of which, can UPS fire you for refusing to let them search your vehicle?

without some kind of probable cause, i wouldn't think that kind of termination would stand up to a grievance for a second..

speaking of which, can UPS fire you for refusing to let them search your vehicle?

without some kind of probable cause, i wouldn't think that kind of termination would stand up to a grievance for a second..
Did I just see a little light bulb illuminate above your head? That was pretty much the point of what upandcomer had said.

Billy

Hmmmm,
Wonder how the rest of the functioning members of society are able to drive in NOVA. There's a common denominator here...you. Perhaps you are the problem here, not the "insane drivers" Try to act responsible ( like a man ) a bit and drive like a normal person and I bet you wouldn't have the need to worry about a weapon. I don't feel the need for one, and I am in the same traffic as you. I see a lot of nice women out there with their children too. They seem to make it to and from with no problems. I feel is folks with your driving habits ( those that are aggressive ) should walk. I apologize for being so rough on you, but you need to realize the real problem here. If you need me to clarify what I am saying and want to talk to me...Fairfax Center any morning. Keep in mind that statement is not a threat of any kind simply an offer to assist you in how to drive without attracting these so called "totally insane drivers"

upandcomer

that wouldn't stop them from firing me

Tears, a company can't legally fire you because you refused to do something that is with in your constitutional right to do. Now it doesn't mean they wouldn't try, but you would win in court every time as long as you were legally liscensed to carry the gun in the state you are living.

Just remember though, firearms are a special case. The company still has zero right to search your car, but it doesn't prevent them from calling the cops if they suspect your have stolen packages or have drugs in your car. The cops only need probable cause, which is a joke because about anything can be probable cause.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hmmmm,
Wonder how the rest of the functioning members of society are able to drive in NOVA. There's a common denominator here...you. Perhaps you are the problem here, not the "insane drivers" Try to act responsible ( like a man ) a bit and drive like a normal person and I bet you wouldn't have the need to worry about a weapon. I don't feel the need for one, and I am in the same traffic as you. I see a lot of nice women out there with their children too. They seem to make it to and from with no problems. I feel is folks with your driving habits ( those that are aggressive ) should walk. I apologize for being so rough on you, but you need to realize the real problem here. If you need me to clarify what I am saying and want to talk to me...Fairfax Center any morning. Keep in mind that statement is not a threat of any kind simply an offer to assist you in how to drive without attracting these so called "totally insane drivers"

i'm sorry for not making myself clear in the OP, but when i pulled out of the center that morning i could have been a model driver for the DMV.

not only did i obey the traffic laws to the letter, but i did my best to give way, to lessen any possible aggravation, to a passing driver. despite these best efforts, he took it upon himself to try and run me off the road.

maybe he was having a bad day, maybe my car reminded him of a bad memory, maybe he didn't like my face, who knows.

i'm used to the mentality of blaming the victim, i'm pretty bad about doing it myself, but the lesson i learned that day was that sometimes you just run across the wrong person at the wrong time in the wrong place, despite or in spite of your best efforts to do otherwise.

Just_another_day_at_work

i'm sorry for not making myself clear in the OP, but when i pulled out of the center that morning i could have been a model driver for the DMV.

not only did i obey the traffic laws to the letter, but i did my best to give way, to lessen any possible aggravation, to a passing driver. despite these best efforts, he took it upon himself to try and run me off the road.

maybe he was having a bad day, maybe my car reminded him of a bad memory, maybe he didn't like my face, who knows.

i'm used to the mentality of blaming the victim, i'm pretty bad about doing it myself, but the lesson i learned that day was that sometimes you just run across the wrong person at the wrong time in the wrong place, despite or in spite of your best efforts to do otherwise.
NoVa is just fine in my opinion. I never had "insane driverS" trying to pull me over, if yes that was for direction. If there are PEOPLE telling you go on or under speed limit, there must be a reason, I mean come on...
I don't think anybody trying to pull you over just because of a bad day or because he/she would love to have a fight to make his/her day, there gotta be something more than that.
Just drive safe and you will be suprised how many drivers can pass by you without threatening you. :peaceful: