Vaccines for employees

vvv

Got mine today(1st, same vaccine Moderna).

Paramedic gave me mine and he was smooth as silk.

I have a some arm stiffness(feels a little sore and heavy).....quite doable.

BTW, I went to the "melt down room" for side effect reaction....I sat there for a few minutes(I think it's supposed to be 20 min.) And asked my fellow citizens if it was mandatory to stay the full 20.....they joked and said "they will hunt you down".....I asked if we had to wait at gunpoint......nervous laughter......

So, I walked up to the two folks manning a table at the exit........"We aren't the vax police, it's up to you...." Cool. I left.

My overall experience? It couldn't have been better organized or run. It was absolutely flawless except: Someone decided to mow the grass at the facility today......creating huge clouds of dust and someone decided to street sweeper the parking lot! With thousands of people walking through it.......I asked "Couldn't you mow on an off day?" Blank stares.

I got there early and left early. The whole experience took about 10 min. from exiting my car. My commute to the facility from home was 50 min. I had to take a day off(I chose unpaid)(saving option days) so, so far.....$300 and some gas.

Around here my advice: Ignore your appointment time and go way early. I did see folks that looked like they were waiting for their time in their cars.

BTW, no person could explain why we had to show an insurance card......it is free......so why? BTW, that's what took the longest was inputing your personal information. The shot was 30 seconds.

Anecdotal story: I was waiting in line at Costco(after) with a woman stranger. I mentioned I just got vaxed. I asked when she was scheduled...
"Oh, I'm not taking the shot....." and she proceeded to talk about being "off the grid" and anti-govt.........etc. Prepper type.The whole family deal. Wow.
Not really sure why you felt the need to tell a stranger you got a 1st vaccination.

And why the hell did you ask a stranger when they had their supposed vaccination scheduled?

I personally think you got off easy with her response when asked, as I honestly would have told you to get friend*cked regardless if I'm for or against being vaccinated.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I work in schools I’m part time at ups night shift.

I just got my first dose of Moderna vaccine Friday morning. By Friday night I couldn’t move my arm lateral and had massive headache. I called in and it was fine. Four weeks I’ll most likely have to call in again because if I had side effects first dose, the second dose is always worst for side effects.
UPS is going to experience many call ins once employees have access to them. And for you all be prepared for it that you’ll have to call in too. My state has been scheduling them on Thursday Friday Saturday because of the side effects.
How or why is someone healthy enough to do school and work getting the shot ahead of gammy's everywhere?

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

A cult that I wouldn't be surprised if you were a member of, given how you and others on here absolutely obsess over him.
trump supporters are real not just a conspiracy theory. While they are a small minority they do hold power. Just look at the disruptions they caused on January 6th. Law enforcement is on high alert due to wanting to inaugurate trump today and other terrorists activities.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Trump administration moved heaven and earth to accomplish the miraculous task of getting a vaccine developed in a matter of months..... and you ingrates won't even get it?

Cowboy Mac

trump supporters are real not just a conspiracy theory. While they are a small minority they do hold power. Just look at the disruptions they caused on January 6th. Law enforcement is on high alert due to wanting to inaugurate trump today and other terrorists activities.
If you think the rioters who stormed the capitol represent all trump supporters you are plum wrong. I remember that day, I had stopped for lunch and turned on my radio to the news. When I heard what was going on at the capitol, my heart sunk. Feelings of embarrassment and anger that those people inside the capitol claimed to represent us as Trump supporters. Most Republicans I know feel the same way.

Wally

Take the vaccine if you didn't have the kung flu previously or woke snowflakes will take over. It will be perpetual crying, panic, and hissy fits. This :censored2: ends NOW!

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

If you think the rioters who stormed the capitol represent all trump supporters you are plum wrong. I remember that day, I had stopped for lunch and turned on my radio to the news. When I heard what was going on at the capitol, my heart sunk. Feelings of embarrassment and anger that those people inside the capitol claimed to represent us as Trump supporters. Most Republicans I know feel the same way.
I don't consider trump supporters as true Republicans. They are more of a religious cult. Like saying ISIS represents the Muslim faith.

Ptrunner

How or why is someone healthy enough to do school and work getting the shot ahead of gammy's everywhere?
I work in schools. Since schools need to be open to take care of kids. If you’ve ever had a kid you know they spread germs and some say Covid has spread like wildfire due to our schools being open with asymptotic spread in schools where adults get the symptoms. And maybe it’s not that but either way germs spread crazy in school this way getting school employees vaccinated to keep schools open are a priority.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I work in schools. Since schools need to be open to take care of kids. If you’ve ever had a kid you know they spread germs and some say Covid has spread like wildfire due to our schools being open with asymptotic spread in schools where adults get the symptoms. And maybe it’s not that but either way germs spread crazy in school this way getting school employees vaccinated to keep schools open are a priority.

Sounds like we should abolish schools. Too risky, what with the germs and shootings, and bullies, and Marxist indoctrination.

Cowboy Mac

I don't consider trump supporters as true Republicans. They are more of a religious cult. Like saying ISIS represents the Muslim faith.
I would say that most Republicans are Trump supporters, and that most Trump supporters are decent people. There are right wing extremist groups out there like the ones that planned the Capitol break in, that say they support Trump. In your analogy, the extremist groups are more like ISIS which do not represent the Muslim faith (Trump supporters).

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I just got my first Pfizer shot this morning. Whole thing took less than 30 minutes even with the 2 block long line into the mass vaccination site. Easy peasy, just a slight muscle soreness at injection site, no different from a flu or any other shot. Thanks Trump for getting the vaccine produced. Thanks Biden for speeding up the distribution.

Wally

I just got my first Pfizer shot this morning. Whole thing took less than 30 minutes even with the 2 block long line into the mass vaccination site. Easy peasy, just a slight muscle soreness at injection site, no different from a flu or any other shot. Thanks Trump for getting the vaccine produced. Thanks Biden for speeding up the distribution.
Actually, Biden just continued with the Trump plan. Distribution isn't the problem, production is as you move from ground zero.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Actually, Biden just continued with the Trump plan. Distribution isn't the problem, production is as you move from ground zero.
Either way, it's refreshing to see our government function properly for the betterment of it's people, regardless of who gets what credit.