Vice Presidential Debate..... 2012.... "this one should be good"

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Moderator is definitely Left-leaning.

She has a history that leans very left. Obama was a guest at Raddatz's wedding to her first husband Julius Genachowski, his classmate at Harvard Law, in the early 1990s. I guess Obama needs all the help he can get and the Lamestream media has been there for them thru thick and thin.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm going to miss this, going to a concert.
I hope I enjoy myself more than y'all do! :wink2:

What concert?

I didnt know Lawrence Welk was still on the concert circuit.

peace

TOS

Went to see Janis Ian.

We go see her anytime she is playing within a hundred miles.

I think I definitely had a better time than the debate watchers ... Janis was a winner.

TOS,
You would not like Janis since she is a female.

PIECE

HOAXSTER

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Biden was smug and condescending. Lies too. Particularly about the elderly and retired having more benefits today than four years ago. My wife has worked very closely with her father on his benefits....little to none compared to when he retired 5 years ago.

texan

Went to see Janis Ian.

We go see her anytime she is playing within a hundred miles.

I think I definitely had a better time than the debate watchers ... Janis was a winner.

TOS,
You would not like Janis since she is a female.

PIECE

HOAXSTER

The Folk Singer who sang and wrote many many songs, but the 1st one that comes to mind
is "At Seventeen". Also she is Jewish.
Janis Ian : At Seventeen (HQ) - YouTube

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The debate was well moderated. The moderator handled both men equally. As for Biden, i thought he was concise and to the point. His facial expressions I believe showed his displeasure with RYANs B.S. answers.

Biden is the Vice President, and he acted like one. RYAN looked like a school boy trying to act like a college student.

Ryan was full of nonsense with his NON answers. To this moment, he still will not explain the romney ryan tax plan and will not explain the removal of tax deductions for middle class americans.

The best part of the debate was when BIDEN pointed out that RYAN sent two letters asking for MILLIONS of tax dollars in stimulus money.

Biden laughing in Paul Ryans face showed america what a :censored2:bag Ryan really is.

I enjoyed it. I hope OBAMA can follow up with a debate performance equal to Bidens.

Sorry folks, round two goes to BIDEN.

peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Folk Singer who sang and wrote many many songs, but the 1st one that comes to mind
is "At Seventeen". Also she is Jewish.

And she is also a proud Lesbian which she incorporates very strongly in her concerts/lectures (and at time with humor).

I think a more reflective song for Janis and the strength and courage as she aged is:

Janis Ian - Society's Child - YouTube

which is a song centered around the then-taboo subject of interracial romance. Ian was 13 years old when she was motivated to write the song and completed it when she was 14 and sings in the video above when she was 16.
The lyrics of the song center around the feelings of a young girl who witnesses the humiliation that her black boyfriend receives from the girl's mother and the taunts that she herself endures from classmates and teachers. It closes with her decision to end her relationship with the boyfriend because of her inability to deal with the social pressure.

She found the courage within herself to announce she was a lesbian as she aged, something she could not admit even to herself when she was younger.

We have several items around the house which were purchased through her Pearl Foundation (which has awarded over $660,000 in scholarships).
I stayed after one concert and had her sign one of these items with:
Courage,
Janis

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think if you lean left, you thought Biden did good. If you lean right, you liked Ryan. Ryan needs some botox. Biden had a better tie. Biden was on point with fact checking Ryan. I doubt the intellegence committee went with the Libya 'story' for 2 weeks, as we knew that day it was planned. But, I felt they both had their moments when it comes to being less than truthful. You can't hope the 5 trillion will just appear. The voucher program is a joke. If you get obesity removed from the disability list and get rid of the ENTIRE SSI program, you can save SSD. Then, as I said, remove fatness, limpness issues and what ever other silliness is allowed and the program becomes solvent, again. No cuts. I do think their should be means testing, as well. If you have a few million in the bank, and you are collecting SSD, you are avaricious and selfish.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The moderator sucked and did not control the old man. The "midwestern manners" tried Ryan's patience while Biden interrupted things and was rude. Ryan was the winner !!!!!!

Besides, Biden lied outright about additionl security being asked for in Libya.......he'd know that, if he watched the testimony & hearings on this week........it showed that he was locked away !!

M

MenInBrown

The debate was well moderated. The moderator handled both men equally. As for Biden, i thought he was concise and to the point. His facial expressions I believe showed his displeasure with RYANs B.S. answers.

Biden is the Vice President, and he acted like one. RYAN looked like a school boy trying to act like a college student.

Ryan was full of nonsense with his NON answers. To this moment, he still will not explain the romney ryan tax plan and will not explain the removal of tax deductions for middle class americans.

The best part of the debate was when BIDEN pointed out that RYAN sent two letters asking for MILLIONS of tax dollars in stimulus money.

Biden laughing in Paul Ryans face showed america what a :censored2:bag Ryan really is.

I enjoyed it. I hope OBAMA can follow up with a debate performance equal to Bidens.

Sorry folks, round two goes to BIDEN.

peace

TOS

Maybe if Ryan had gotten the money it wouldn't have been wasted on another failed solar business. What about all the other letters before the stimulus advocating for their businesses in Wisconsin?

If this is all the DEMS can hang their hat on...i loud person with no substence...kudos...Obama will get destroyed again. Their is no record to run on, so being loud and dramatic wont get it done. Biden has no effect on which way people will vote. Biden is not a man of character to sit up there and lie about knowing that the Libya attack was a terrorist attack...I feel so sorry for those Americans for our top officials making them die in vain. Maybe Biden should have watched the sworn testimony from the state dept. that said they knew.

Sorry TOS, round 2 is next week

moreluck

golden ticket member
Geraldo noticed Biden laughing, interrupting and whatever.......he said, "That's just Joe...." What an ass!!
When are people going to stop giving him a pass and hold him accountable?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Maybe if Ryan had gotten the money it wouldn't have been wasted on another failed solar business. What about all the other letters before the stimulus advocating for their businesses in Wisconsin?

If this is all the DEMS can hang their hat on...i loud person with no substence...kudos...Obama will get destroyed again. Their is no record to run on, so being loud and dramatic wont get it done. Biden has no effect on which way people will vote. Biden is not a man of character to sit up there and lie about knowing that the Libya attack was a terrorist attack...I feel so sorry for those Americans for our top officials making them die in vain. Maybe Biden should have watched the sworn testimony from the state dept. that said they knew.

Sorry TOS, round 2 is next week
Biden did exactly what he was suppose to do, fire up the base. Plain and simple. It wasn't about getting votes, his job was to get the base excited as opposed to thinking 'what was Obama's problem'.
He succeeded at that. Just watch something other than Fox and fiends. When a show on Fox Business is giving to to Biden, that says something.

Nimnim

The Nim
I haven't been able to listen to the whole thing yet, probably caught about 70% between not being in the car and static. For some reason my local radio station with great reception decided to not cover this debate and instead cover the local basketball team.

From what I heard though, both had some good points, and it was certainly better than the last debate, but one thing I did pull between the static is that Biden was much more prone to cut off and interrupt Ryan, than the other way around. Just didn't seem professional.

As far as the moderator, she wasn't walked all over like the last one, but at least from what I heard she was more likely to pose followup questions that attacked Ryans stance over Bidens.

Overall from what I heard though, it was a much closer debate than the last one, it can be argued either way, but personally I feel Ryan had a better performance.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A lot of the interrupting came from Ryan hogging the floor. I think it was pure frustration. That being said, it was unprofessional.

I think they should have timed responses, and if they go over, their mike's get cut off.

Nimnim

The Nim
A lot of the interrupting came from Ryan hogging the floor. I think it was pure frustration. That being said, it was unprofessional.

I think they should have timed responses, and if they go over, their mike's get cut off.

I'm not going to argue the second part. I agree completely, you have 2 minutes to respond, when it hits 1:45 there's some sort of non verbal warning and you know you wrap up.

You have no idea how frustrating it is trying to listen to a debate on the radio where you have spans of a couple miles where you may be able to catch every other word. I'll be watching it again after I sleep and working from that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I haven't been able to listen to the whole thing yet, probably caught about 70% between not being in the car and static. For some reason my local radio station with great reception decided to not cover this debate and instead cover the local basketball team.

From what I heard though, both had some good points, and it was certainly better than the last debate, but one thing I did pull between the static is that Biden was much more prone to cut off and interrupt Ryan, than the other way around. Just didn't seem professional.

As far as the moderator, she wasn't walked all over like the last one, but at least from what I heard she was more likely to pose followup questions that attacked Ryans stance over Bidens.

Overall from what I heard though, it was a much closer debate than the last one, it can be argued either way, but personally I feel Ryan had a better performance.
You owe it to yourself to watch it split screen as it was presented !!

Nimnim

The Nim
You owe it to yourself to watch it split screen as it was presented !!

Not unlike the new ad that's already going around? Yeah, I'll be watching the whole thing in it's entirety, but I have to admit this video isn't making Biden look good.

[video=youtube;PCtemaHgjyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PCtemaHgjyA[/video]

Last edited: