volume weird

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I saw a big 24 foot box truck full if amazon when I was dropping sure post at the usps. Asked the guy who he worked for at he said he worked for UPS. I'm guessing he was a temp working for UPS innovations or UPS supply chain. He didn't speak good English. :/

I've also noticed that UPS are hiring temp workers. One guy they hired during peak, and I thought they were going to let him go but he's still here. And guess what hes doing, scanning PCs for missloads, that's all. And hes talking about going driving, which I thought he was only a temp worker here.

barnyard

KTM rider
I suspect that as long as we are putting trailers on BNSF trains, we will be having problems with forecasting volume. BNSF is drowning in oil from the Bakken and trains are backing up all over their system.

This winter, the BNSF was parking trains on the mainline because there was no room in the terminal yard and no crews to keep them moving. Articles in Trains and the WSJ suggest that it could be a year for them to get fluid again. Until then, I suspect that their on-time performance will continue to be spotty.

Earlier, this year, I saw a BNSF with 1/3 UPS trailers (only UPS marked trailers, could have been more if the 'generic' boxes were ours too) parked on the main from 8:30 on a Monday morning and did not see it move until 1630 in Wednesday. There is NO schedule that allows for 2 plus days of sitting. That Friday, everyone that had time, made runs to the rail yard and we had 2 extra loads on Monday in my building.

Rail does not have the capacity to do time sensitive moves and probably will not for at least a year, if ever again.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I saw a big 24 foot box truck full if amazon when I was dropping sure post at the usps. Asked the guy who he worked for at he said he worked for UPS. I'm guessing he was a temp working for UPS innovations or UPS supply chain. He didn't speak good English. :/
MjAxNC01NzlkOTYxMTczZmQ4Y2Rh.png

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
And it won't until transportation costs are lowered and refining capacities are increased.

Refining is such BS, they can build new ones. But they choose not to, and its for their option to drive up prices as they seem fit. As to close one down and drive up price 20-30 cents as they seem fit. And claim their cleaning or doing repairs. They play it too much on supply and demand, when they could certainly supply an abundance.