VOTE "YES"

Over disciplined0123

Those hybrid drivers need to be taking out of this contract to get my vote . Possible scenarios if these hybrid drivers were introduced . Will we regular drivers have a later start .Will our routes and others be dissected and changed to accommodate hybrid drivers. I believe answer is yes to all

LagunaBrown

I’ve seen it happen in 1997. In 97 thier were drivers that never got along stand hand and hand at the entrance to company property holding our signs saying “no more part time America and others .please do the right thing. When they see majority NO VOTE they will go back to table and negotiate the actual real contract
I guess l’ll be the bad guy again and have to explain this again. We got two tier drivers in 1997 (part timers) and that position is still around today. They make $10 less than RPCD, no 9.5 protection and no full time pension. People unanimously voted on that contract and it is considered to be one of our best contracts ever. So tell me why would you rather vote no and keep this type of driver instead of taking an upgrade 22.4 that makes more pay and full time pension.

(emojis and name calling can start now since you don’t have a good answer)

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

I know a lot of locals are same situation.The international is telling them to do that .(local leaders are scared could there be reprocussions if you went against what thier boss tells you to do))))))) The strongest locals are the ones that will inform members to do the right thing letting you decide your own VOTE. Why is international telling us how to vote anyway isn’t that a purpose of a vote. Something sneaky going on here I believe.
Everyone should be informed and vote on their own.

Why are people here telling us how to vote anyway isn’t that a purpose of a vote. Something sneaky going on here too I believe.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just add another emoji to my comment and move on stalker
2010-02-14_202320_KettleCallingPotBlack-300x265.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You gotta start giving me some substance like the old days. This banter is getting tiresome.
I'm wondering when you are going to go back to work, if you are even really a driver???

This vigil you are holding on this site is suspicious and influencing no one.
If anything, you are alienating this community to your mission.

I ponder whether you are being paid lost wages while on "special assignment" for the Company, your Region and Local, or the IBT.....but you are so bad at it, I don't see that as a possibility.

Maybe you should start your own website, provided you aren't dependent on people actually looking at it.

LagunaBrown

I'm wondering when you are going to go back to work, if you are even really a driver???

This vigil you are holding on this site is suspicious and influencing no one.
If anything, you are alienating this community to your mission.

I ponder whether you are being paid lost wages while on "special assignment" for the Company, your Region and Local, or the IBT.....but you are so bad at it, I don't see that as a possibility.

Maybe you should start your own website, provided you aren't dependent on people actually looking at it.
Are you on drugs?

Doubleparkedrunner

It does depend on the supplements and riders your only lying to yourself.

I treat the master and my supplement as two different entities.

It is only logical to assume that if I am given a separate vote for each of these then I should vote yes or no accordingly on each individual vote.

if they intended for me to only care about my supplement , then they should only give me one vote pertaining to said supplement.

it's pretty simple really; if they let me have a vote on something , I will vote yes or no on it individually as I see fit.

in this case they are giving me a vote on the master so I will vote no on it because I think it's terrible.

they also gave me a vote on my supplement and in that case I will be voting yes because it's fine.

you see, just because my supplement "covers" me from the masters' harmful language , I do not think its right to vote the master in just because " I am covered". I think that would be selling my brothers who don't have good supplements or riders down the river.

I can not in good conscience do such a thing.

if you can do so and sleep well at night than have at it but not me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I treat the master and my supplement as two different entities.

It is only logical to assume that if I am given a separate vote for each of these then I should vote yes or no accordingly on each individual vote.

if they intended for me to only care about my supplement , then they should only give me one vote pertaining to said supplement.

it's pretty simple really; if they let me have a vote on something , I will vote yes or no on it individually as I see fit.

in this case they are giving me a vote on the master so I will vote no on it because I think it's terrible.

they also gave me a vote on my supplement and in that case I will be voting yes because it's fine.

you see, just because my supplement "covers" me from the masters' harmful language , I do not think its right to vote the master in just because " I am covered". I think that would be selling my brothers who don't have good supplements or riders down the river.

I can not in good conscience do such a thing.

if you can do so and sleep well at night than have at it but not me.
If you vote Yes on your Supplement and it passes, while voting No on the Master and it fails.....

.....how do you know what will be in the next proposed Master, or whether your Supplement is still "fine"????

Doubleparkedrunner

If you vote Yes on your Supplement and it passes, while voting No on the Master and it fails.....

.....how do you know what will be in the next proposed Master, or whether your Supplement is still "fine"????

I agree with you somewhat.

we really shouldn't even vote on supplements until the master has been settled. it shows how terribly thought out the whole process is.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think ups doesn't have a choice. Expanding into weekends is inevitable, with or without 22.4's. I don't see 22.4's as a good thing for teamsters. While it may temporarily benefit a handful of part timers. I think the bad outweighs the good for teamsters as a whole. Sorry brother, but all your talking points won't change my mind on that.

It benefits the union by helping to prolong failing pensions. I would like to see a break down of how much of the money from this contract will be paid as pension payments to people who never worked for UPS. I get that we're all teamsters, but how much more are other companies ponying up to save the pensions? I'm just thinking out loud, anyone with a better understanding of pensions feel free to chime in.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It benefits the union by helping to prolong failing pensions. I would like to see a break down of how much of the money from this contract will be paid as pension payments to people who never worked for UPS. I get that we're all teamsters, but how much more are other companies ponying up to save the pensions? I'm just thinking out loud, anyone with a better understanding of pensions feel free to chime in.
I understand the pension side. I more meant creating a divide between rank and file members with a 2 tier wage.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I understand the pension side. I more meant creating a divide between rank and file members with a 2 tier wage.

And of course they'll blame the rpcd's for passing this contract and selling the part timers down the river. And it'll be our fault when the leadership of the union doesn't change. And the next contract full of concessions will "have" to be passed, and it'll be our responsibility to vote for new leadership if we want a better contract... and on and on.