VOTE "YES"

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The sooner she goes full time, the sooner she can retire. I took the long route. If I hadn’t, I would be eligible to retire in March.

For the long term, one has to weigh their full time pension amounts and eligible retirement date. And making $14,000 less (straight time) a year. Also weigh the strike scenario. In my center (not far from yours) a strike would almost guarantee a 7-10+ year wait to go driving.

While I do agree with you. The sooner you go full time the sooner you can retire. That still Doesn't make the 22.4 position acceptable under the current terms.

I think voting in 22.4 is going to make the wait for rpcd 7-10 years. Even longer if the economy dips. Next contract all your gonna hear about is how the 22.4's are unfairly treated and why hasn't ups hired any rpcd.

While I do agree with you. The sooner you go full time the sooner you can retire. That still Doesn't make the 22.4 position acceptable under the current terms.

I think voting in 22.4 is going to make the wait for rpcd 7-10 years. Even longer if the economy dips. Next contract all your gonna hear about is how the 22.4's are unfairly treated and why hasn't ups hired any rpcd.
You have few drivers over the age of 45 in your center? You think ups will continue weekends and expand around the country w/o 22.4s?

I remember the days, not too long ago, when I was a 22.4. Meaning no 9.5 language, and treated unfairly. The next contract they can address some of the issues that come up. rpcd hiring is addressed in this contract.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You have few drivers over the age of 45 in your center? You think ups will continue weekends and expand around the country w/o 22.4s?

I remember the days, not too long ago, when I was a 22.4. Meaning no 9.5 language, and treated unfairly. The next contract they can address some of the issues that come up. rpcd hiring is addressed in this contract.
I think ups doesn't have a choice. Expanding into weekends is inevitable, with or without 22.4's. I don't see 22.4's as a good thing for teamsters. While it may temporarily benefit a handful of part timers. I think the bad outweighs the good for teamsters as a whole. Sorry brother, but all your talking points won't change my mind on that.

siouxman

siouxman
I’m going for no vote largely for the benefit of the future generations of drivers like you. I want you to make as much as I am and more and to have the same benefits that I do. The 97 strike seniors drivers did the same for me so I am reflecting their good deeds to others
I was one of those drivers in 97 and in my opion it was a wasted strike.

PT Car Washer

I was one of those drivers in 97 and in my opion it was a wasted strike.
The strike was a financial bonanza for myself and other red circle PT. Working doubles for a year or more and making FT wages or more with OT after 5 hours. I am amazed that every year I end up earning more then the year before while working less. I would love to retire but why turn down all the easy money.

siouxman

siouxman
The strike was a financial bonanza for myself and other red circle PT. Working doubles for a year or more and making FT wages or more with OT after 5 hours. I am amazed that every year I end up earning more then the year before while working less. I would love to retire but why turn down all the easy money.
Was the start of rps package delivery which I think is fed ex ground today(someone will correct me if I'm wrong).pension was wanted by company should have let them do it(hind sight)

TxTawny

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.
If you agree with the contract, you should vote yes. But, if you do not agree with the contract you should vote no.Vote honestly.

TxTawny

I know there are people who think ups is a charity and donate their time on a daily basis. Some are just scared of the bully management tactics... and some just buy hook line and sinker anything the union tells you is good for you.
If you can't communicate a coherent thought then its no wondered you missed the union tough talk before negotiations... what went on during... and the big pile of turd they came away with. I've worked for this company a long time, for the effort that we give on a daily basis we deserve better.
If you truly believe in this contract, full yes. If you do not believe in this contract. If you think this contract is not good, definitely vote no. We are a team. There are huge changes in this contract. Please vote honestly.

TxTawny

I went to a 4 hour meeting about this contract today. I honestly think it's good, and I am grateful for the work that my union has done on it.

I am struggling to survive on 3 minimum wage, part time, hard jobs. I want to drive on whatever day of the week. I want the overtime, the benefits, the pension.

I am grateful to my union for this. I'll be voting yes.

You guys who think this contract is bad, what do think is bad about it exactly ?
22.4’s.

F

Frankie's Friend

Was the start of rps package delivery which I think is fed ex ground today(someone will correct me if I'm wrong).pension was wanted by company should have let them do it(hind sight)
RPS was started by Roadway years before the strike.

FDX bought them and Caliber Logistics plus other carriers AFTER the strike ended.

RPS was pretty much a non issue in the realm of competition for UPS.

Today, the ORION system is the best sales mechanism for our competitors.

LagunaBrown

If you agree with the contract, you should vote yes. But, if you do not agree with the contract you should vote no.Vote honestly.
Out of the thousands of posts here why are there not more of these.

It really all depends on your Supplements and Riders.

BrownRecycler

A vote yes is selling out the unborn. Shame on you.

Why shaming the voters on how they vote? If they vote, it is because their region and interest matches their liking. If anything, I like to see people be honest with their vote within their region so that the economic system of their region get taken into account for the next negotiation for the better contract.

The future financial climate with the re-writing of the government welfare system will always convince sexual reproduction to go slower and later. Don't worry about the unborn. They will get swallow or aborted. If anything, it would help to deliver Planned Parenthood and sex education to the UPS work ground.

Steps for being a parent while working at UPS are found below in this link

UPS Enterprise Portal Log In