Wage progression update.

sportsjock

You're right! It doesn't make any sense. My curiosity got the best of me.. So I researched more and I found a newer version of the contract it has the correct dates on it. August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2018. It's 55 pages. The other one with the incorrect dates was/is 35 pages. Very weird! They need to pull all that old crap down it's confusing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

I was the one that mistyped the July date instead of the June date. And yes I do know the day he attained seniority.

saintrick

I was the one that mistyped the July date instead of the June date. And yes I do know the day he attained seniority.

Did you type it wrong or was he mistaken? You have told me both.

How do you know the day he attained seniority. Did you throw a party?

You also state he was excited about his retro check. If he had attained seniority on 8/8 his check would only be for 8/1 till 8/8 when he moved to the seniority rate in the progression.

Quigley

Did you type it wrong or was he mistaken? You have told me both.

How do you know the day he attained seniority. Did you throw a party?

You also state he was excited about his retro check. If he had attained seniority on 8/8 his check would only be for 8/1 till 8/8 when he moved to the seniority rate in the progression.
His senority date is June. NOT Aug. Thats why he got a .70 per hour retro check from Aug 1 to April 25. I keep trying to tell you the retro check is based on your seniority date not the day you attain seniority. How else would you explain him gettin over $900 take home retro check.

saintrick

His senority date is June. NOT Aug. Thats why he got a .70 per hour retro check from Aug 1 to April 25. I keep trying to tell you the retro check is based on your seniority date not the day you attain seniority. How else would you explain him gettin over $900 take home retro check.

Easy he attained seniority before August 1st.

If the day he attained was after August 1 he would not have gotten a retro check.

If it worked the way you say this is what would have happened.
Start June 13 he is at 16.10
On August 1st he would move to 16.80 with the GWI
Then on the day you say he attained seniority August 8 he would move to 17.25.

How do you explain that he got $900 if he was only owed back pay from 8/1 to 8/8.

As you see below everyone does not get back pay from 8/1 to 4/25

This is the letter from the IBT

001.jpg

Last edited:

Quigley

Easy he attained seniority before August 1st.

If the day he attained was after August 1 he would not have gotten a retro check.

If it worked the way you say this is what would have happened.
Start June 13 he is at 16.10
On August 1st he would move to 16.80 with the GWI
Then on the day you say he attained seniority August 8 he would move to 17.25.

How do you explain that he got $900 if he was only owed back pay from 8/1 to 8/8.

As you see below everyone does not get back pay from 8/1 to 4/25

This is the letter from the IBT

View attachment 13372
First off he wouldnt get the .70 if he still in probation. Second he did attain seniority after Aug 1. Third you telling me he got back pay of $900 for 7 days of work? Fourth if you look at the example below its for somebody who has a seniority date of March. Why cant you just admit that under some supplements your wages are based on your seniority date not the day you attain seniority.

Inthegame

Has anyone read the first sentence in the example on the progression chart? It states pretty clearly one must be in progression and senior on August 1 to stay in the three year progression and get GWI's.
I'm guessing we're going to have some pre August 1, 2013 seniority dated 4 year progression folks...

saintrick

Has anyone read the first sentence in the example on the progression chart? It states pretty clearly one must be in progression and senior on August 1 to stay in the three year progression and get GWI's.
I'm guessing we're going to have some pre August 1, 2013 seniority dated 4 year progression folks...

If they are not senior prior to August 1 they stay in the 3 year progression they just do not get the GWI.

saintrick

First off he wouldnt get the .70 if he still in probation. Second he did attain seniority after Aug 1. Third you telling me he got back pay of $900 for 7 days of work? Fourth if you look at the example below its for somebody who has a seniority date of March. Why cant you just admit that under some supplements your wages are based on your seniority date not the day you attain seniority.

You said in another post that you helped figure his retro pay from 8/1 to 4/25.

My neighbor kid started in June 2013, attained seniority Aug 8 , seniority date is June 2013, he got a retro check dating from Aug 1 to April 25. I know that for a fact because he asked me to help him figure his hours from Aug 1 to April 25, and it came out perfect. The contract says you get the GWI period. It doesnt say its based on your progression date.

If this is true he would of had to get .70 on 8/1 to move from 16.10 to 16.80
and another .70 on 8/8 on top of his seniority rate of 17.25 to move to 17.95.

The only way he could have got a retro check for the amount you say is to get these two .70 raises which does not happen.

Could it just maybe be that he attained seniority prior to 8/1?

Quigley

You said in another post that you helped figure his retro pay from 8/1 to 4/25.

If this is true he would of had to get .70 on 8/1 to move from 16.10 to 16.80
and another .70 on 8/8 on top of his seniority rate of 17.25 to move to 17.95.

The only way he could have got a retro check for the amount you say is to get these two .70 raises which does not happen.

Could it just maybe be that he attained seniority prior to 8/1?
Let me try this again. I will try to be more specific.

He went full time June 20 2013, making $16.10, he attained seniority Aug 8, at which point he was given a seniority date of June 20. At that point he got a raise to $17.25. Since he was given a seniority date June 20th, he is entitled to the GWI of .70 thus the retro check for all hours worked from Aug 1 to April 25. April 26th his pay went from $17.25 to $17.95 reflecting the .70 GWI.

I hope that clears it up.

By The Book

He went full time June 20 2013, making $16.10, he attained seniority Aug 8, at which point he was given a seniority date of June 20. At that point he got a raise to $17.25. Since he was given a seniority date June 20th, he is entitled to the GWI of .70 thus the retro check for all hours worked from Aug 1 to April 25. April 26th his pay went from $17.25 to $17.95 reflecting the .70 GWI.

I am so glad I'm out of progression, and I commend all of you guys willing to step up and help those that are in it. This is the most controversial Topic we will have for, we'll close to at least 4 years. Sounds like a lot of grievances need to be filed all over the map, to get it right.

saintrick

All it clears up is that you are incorrect or he his being overpaid.

Even if I am wrong and drivers who attain seniority after 8/1 were entitled to the GWI it would not be applied the way you stated.

The GWI is applied to the wage you make on 8/1.

He is not given the .70 on top of his 8/8 seniority progression rate.

The same would apply to him just as it does the drivers who had 1 or 2 year progression raises between 8/1 and 4/25 in the IBT letter. They do not get the GWI on top of the progression raise.

Since the GWI is not staked on top of the progression raise the only way he can be at 17.95 now is if he was at 17.25 rate on 8/1.

Quigley

He didnt get a raise on 8/1 since he hasnt reached the 30 day probation. On 8/8 is when he reached his 30 days. So he is given a seniority date of June 2013. Since his seniority is June he immediatly on 8/8 goes from $16.10 to $17.25. The new contract states anybody in progression on 8/1 gets the GWI. Again, his seniority is June, so he is in fact in progression on 8/1. The GWI is a raise by itself. It is not meant to bring you up to your progression rate. If after getting the .70 you are below your progression rate you are given the higher progression rate. If however the .70 puts you above the progression rate you get the higher rate.

Assuming the the contract went into effect on Aug 1.
When he attained seniority on 8/8 his pay would have gone from $16.10 to $17.25 as per contract. He also gets the GWI of.70 as per new contract which puts him at $17.95.

One could argue since he didnt complete his 30 days till 8/8 then the retro should have been from 8/8 to 4/25 instead of 8/1 to 4/25.

Look at the last sentence in all 3 examples it gives you .70 added to the wage rate. Example 3: 8/1 to 3/1 $17.95. That drivers seniority date is 3/1 so he then goes to $18.45. My neighbor seniority is in June so he will go from $17.95 to $18.45 in June.

Last edited:

saintrick

He didnt get a raise on 8/1 since he hasnt reached the 30 day probation. On 8/8 is when he reached his 30 days. So he is given a seniority date of June 2013. Since his seniority is June he immediatly on 8/8 goes from $16.10 to $17.25. The new contract states anybody in progression on 8/1 gets the GWI. Again, his seniority is June, so he is in fact in progression on 8/1. The GWI is a raise by itself. It is not meant to bring you up to your progression rate. If after getting the .70 you are below your progression rate you are given the higher progression rate. If however the .70 puts you above the progression rate you get the higher rate.

Assuming the the contract went into effect on Aug 1.
When he attained seniority on 8/8 his pay would have gone from $16.10 to $17.25 as per contract. He also gets the GWI of.70 as per new contract which puts him at $17.95.

One could argue since he didnt complete his 30 days till 8/8 then the retro should have been from 8/8 to 4/25 instead of 8/1 to 4/25.

How can he get a .70 GWI that is effective on 8/1 on 8/8?
There is no language to support this.

Do you give no credit to the IBT release that The GWI is not applied on top of progression raises?

If as you say that upon completion of his 30 days he was entitled to the GWI and the seniority progression raise. The progression raise would be applied after the GWI and his pay would go form 16.10 to 16.80 then to 17.25.