Wal-Mart Saturday Delivery

floridays

Why would Wal-mart be any different from any other stop where someone wasn't available for the first attempt?
Supposedly the call is to rectify an ongoing refusal of the receiving dept. or customer to accept shipped goods. If they won't sign for inconvenience tell them to hal. Usual, customary business transactions shouldn't be so difficult. Get off your skin in the game and make the 2 subsequent deliveries.

CJinx

Supposedly the call is to rectify an ongoing refusal of the receiving dept. or customer to accept shipped goods. If they won't sign for inconvenience tell them to hal. Usual, customary business transactions shouldn't be so difficult. Get off your skin in the game and make the 2 subsequent deliveries.
Ongoing? Dude, last Saturday was the first Saturday delivery. It will all be cleared up once the :censored2: has rolled downhill from corporate to store management. This isn't anything we need to get involved in. This was an inconvenience for the CSPs and affected less than .1% real service company wide. As for the subsequent deliveries, erm... do your job?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But when it is, it's a train wreck. I know of several couriers who have sat in front of a house for up to 2 hours with the recipient at home, to deliver an APD. Diminished returns, vanishing point.

I know of several people who would have been killed in car accidents if they had been wearing their safety belts. Only a fool would wear one, right?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I know of several people who would have been killed in car accidents if they had been wearing their safety belts. Only a fool would wear one, right?
Absurd comparisons only demean you. If you want to shut me up, show me how profitable a $5 service that requires as much as 2 hours of overtime to accomplish is. Especially one that's rarely used.

floridays

Ongoing? Dude, last Saturday was the first Saturday delivery. It will all be cleared up once the :censored2: has rolled downhill from corporate to store management. This isn't anything we need to get involved in. This was an inconvenience for the CSPs and affected less than .1% real service company wide. As for the subsequent deliveries, erm... do your job?

As for the subsequent deliveries, erm... do your job?
A choice response, please walk me through what is so hard for a business, opened and staffed for such, to accept goods that are necessary to sustain that business, and make a profit. Deliveries aren't my job.

59 Dano

Absurd comparisons only demean you. If you want to shut me up, show me how profitable a $5 service that requires as much as 2 hours of overtime to accomplish is. Especially one that's rarely used.

"I know of several couriers who have sat in front of a house for up to 2 hours with the recipient at home, to deliver an APD."

I know of thousands of those deliveries that took little, if no OT to accomplish. Being an expert on that service, you already knew that over 70% of those deliveries are scheduled and delivered during times when the courier is already in that area. And, of course, you already knew that nearly all were scheduled to be delivered by 1800 (and often delivered by the PUP couriers in those areas), right?

Now, ask me again how the service can be profitable even though you know a few couriers who sat around for 2 hours collecting OT.

CJinx

A choice response, please walk me through what is so hard for a business, opened and staffed for such, to accept goods that are necessary to sustain that business, and make a profit. Deliveries aren't my job.
If deliveries aren't your job, what are you complaining about? Wal-mart's staffing practices aren't for me to explain. We told them we would be making a delivery attempt with site-to-store packages as required; they failed to live up to their obligations, so we'll see them again next week.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If deliveries aren't your job, what are you complaining about? Wal-mart's staffing practices aren't for me to explain. We told them we would be making a delivery attempt with site-to-store packages as required; they failed to live up to their obligations, so we'll see them again next week.
Sounds more like a quote from a conversation with a Walmart receiving clerk than anything directed at you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I know of thousands of those deliveries that took little, if no OT to accomplish.
No you don't.

Being an expert on that service, you already knew that over 70% of those deliveries are scheduled and delivered during times when the courier is already in that area. And, of course, you already knew that nearly all were scheduled to be delivered by 1800 (and often delivered by the PUP couriers in those areas), right?
Still drinking the Kool-Aid after you quit this wonderful company that supposedly screwed you over? You wouldn't even know those figures if you were just a courier like the rest of us.

bacha29

Now that is a fascinating idea.
Some time down the road after Fat Freddy's gone his heirs might want to be rid of it but a sale to Bezos or UPS would not likely get past federal regulators as we're now seeing with the cancelled merger of Sprint and T-Mobile as well as the Time Warner -At&T merger.

59 Dano

No you don't.

Still drinking the Kool-Aid after you quit this wonderful company that supposedly screwed you over? You wouldn't even know those figures if you were just a courier like the rest of us.

I would know those figures (I did) if I had access to them as part of my job (I did). Thank you for your concern.

SmithBarney

WM clerk told me that if they don't answer the back door we have to call walmart and not come in the front... I asked where the phone was...(insert blank stare from walmart clerk) They have a 1hr window during our P1 cycle to deliver... so no P1=no delivery.(actually I always find a manager more than willing to sign)

whenIgetthere

I delivered one at 1655 when the window was 1700-2000. :censored2: hit the fan with my SM, wanted to know why I couldn't wait five more minutes. Result, service failure and OLCC. I leave them for the PUP route now.

59 Dano

WM clerk told me that if they don't answer the back door we have to call walmart and not come in the front... I asked where the phone was...(insert blank stare from walmart clerk)

That was always an amusing concept. "If you waste time waiting for us and we don't show up, you have to waste more time to call us and waste even more time waiting again." The appropriate response in those situations is "No I don't."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
WM clerk told me that if they don't answer the back door we have to call walmart and not come in the front... I asked where the phone was...(insert blank stare from walmart clerk) They have a 1hr window during our P1 cycle to deliver... so no P1=no delivery.(actually I always find a manager more than willing to sign)
Hahaha. That’s funny....call Walmart. Lol.