Wal-Mart the ugly...handing out raises FDX next?

vantexan

I just read your post and have to disagree. A weekly check that is a dedicated bonus and separate from a weekly paycheck has a higher withholding than a paycheck. If you earned $1500 as a paycheck, you will bring home more than if you received a $1500 bonus. Any bonus is deemed "supplemental" and 25% is withheld on that check with no regard to your filing status. I thought it was 29% but is actually 25%.

That is why I contend a raise will put more money in your pocket on a weekly basis than a 1 time bonus. No mater what dido said. He just doesn't understand basis money matters. Maybe someone could suggest a book for him to read so he can learn more about money and taxes.

Maybe a Susan Orman or a Dave Ramsey book would help dido.

Maybe bacha can teach him. Anyone that bought Amazon stock $200 BELOW face value must know something. Or else he was telling another fib when he bragged about his stock purchase.
They may hit you with a 25% withholding but at the end of the year it's all a part of your gross and you'll pay no more than you're supposed to for that gross amount. And with the new tax cut I doubt it's more than 12% now for most.