Wal-Mart the ugly...handing out raises FDX next?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Every President since George Washington has "inherited" their predecessors' legacy. Irrespective of party, they take credit for the good, and redirect blame for the bad, on the previous President.
Lower taxes should also lead to lower government expenditures, which would stimulate the economy, because Private Enterprise is the foundation of the economy, NOT government spending. Lower taxes=good. Lower taxes=more invested in the economy=more jobs. Funny how that works.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you noticed Crippin fails to mention that Obama inherited Bush's recession the worst in 80 years. I wonder why? Would you care to explain? I trust that you guys have taken notice that while the standard deduction has been raised to $24,000 for married couples you will lose your personal exemptions. So where is the real benefit for the average person? Likewise Crippin makes no mention of the fact that the carried interest rule was not repealed. What do you have to say about that? Reps like you keep calling for cuts in spending. Ok, so where do you want to start? BTW the market shifted 400 points today. Is this just a one day matter or is the tax cut punch bowl starting to run dry?

It's like watching a pinball that has severe ADD. All over the place.

bacha29

Every President since George Washington has "inherited" their predecessors' legacy. Irrespective of party, they take credit for the good, and redirect blame for the bad, on the previous President.
Lower taxes should also lead to lower government expenditures, which would stimulate the economy, because Private Enterprise is the foundation of the economy, NOT government spending. Lower taxes=good. Lower taxes=more invested in the economy=more jobs. Funny how that works.
Once again please identify the specific area where the cuts should be made. Furthermore if as I understand you are retired and out of the workforce so just what impact will private enterprise have on your life going forward. Unless of course you plan on going back to work.

vantexan

If you noticed Crippin fails to mention that Obama inherited Bush's recession the worst in 80 years. I wonder why? Would you care to explain? I trust that you guys have taken notice that while the standard deduction has been raised to $24,000 for married couples you will lose your personal exemptions. So where is the real benefit for the average person? Likewise Crippin makes no mention of the fact that the carried interest rule was not repealed. What do you have to say about that? Reps like you keep calling for cuts in spending. Ok, so where do you want to start? BTW the market shifted 400 points today. Is this just a one day matter or is the tax cut punch bowl starting to run dry?
I checked on a calculator concerning the new tax cuts. My income tax liability will be around $250 a year. If I remember right taxes are 12% up to around $90k a year. That's real relief for the middle class.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Once again please identify the specific area where the cuts should be made. Furthermore if as I understand you are retired and out of the workforce so just what impact will private enterprise have on your life going forward. Unless of course you plan on going back to work.
If you truly believe that we operate under a frugal budget, I would hate to see a liberal one.
Oh, wait.
How about we start by limiting expenditures to those enumerated in the Constitution?

bacha29

I checked on a calculator concerning the new tax cuts. My income tax liability will be around $250 a year. If I remember right taxes are 12% up to around $90k a year. That's real relief for the middle class.
Under the old plan an MFJ couple with 2 exemptions would pay $9447 .Under the new plan $ 7539 . But if you have itemized in the past that's where you could lose out especially given the likelihood of interest rates rising you have a variable rate mortgage. Consider too that if you are directly supporting an adult dependent that you would in the past lawfully claim an exemption you would lose that exemption as well. It all depends on the individual's own personal situation.

vantexan

Under the old plan an MFJ couple with 2 exemptions would pay $9447 .Under the new plan $ 7539 . But if you have itemized in the past that's where you could lose out especially given the likelihood of interest rates rising you have a variable rate mortgage. Consider too that if you are directly supporting an adult dependent that you would in the past lawfully claim an exemption you would lose that exemption as well. It all depends on the individual's own personal situation.
With a $24k standard deduction how many are going to itemize?

bacha29

Cut 10% off of everything except the military. Then we can make more cuts as needed, maybe throw a little bit back to some areas if needed. Then cut more in other places.
Does that include infrastructure you know bridges highways, dams airports water and sewage upgrades? How about the NIH and CDC? Let's cut all federal support for public education. If you have money for college you can go. if not you don't. Perhaps USDA food plant inspections to keep you food safe. Does your cuts include police fire ambulance and rescue? How about Medicaid? Two thirds of Medicaid's budget goes to pay for the care of nursing home patients whose own funds have been exhausted and 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid? Sure you could cut spending for critical public programs such as these at the federal level but where will the impact of such cuts be felt? It will fall right back onto the state and local governments.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you truly believe that we operate under a frugal budget, I would hate to see a liberal one.
Oh, wait.
How about we start by limiting expenditures to those enumerated in the Constitution?
People don't wanna hear that. Just like the young adult with a $20,000 salary and a Jeep payment of $600/month. He doesn't know what the problem is, but he knows it isn't the Jeep.
Are you seriously such an ignorant :censored2: that you think we're going to cut spending? Even Republican politicians admit these tax cuts are going to add at least a trillion to the debt. Yet their sheep voters are in full blown denial lol.

bacha29

With a $24k standard deduction how many are going to itemize?
If you have a mortgage, pay state and local income taxes including school property taxes have high deductible healthcare plans or no insurance at all or high medical mileage A casualty loss from fire floods etc and don't forget charitable contributions and the loss of that Schedule A deduction could really hurt future donations to churches, humanitarian organizations etc. It doesn't take long to approach that 24K figure. Now understand the IRS having to audit Schedule A deductions has for a long time been a high cost low return process and getting rid of it altogether has been something they have wanted to do for a long time. This will speed up the elimination but there will be winners and losers under the new plan . It all depends on the individuals own situation.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Are you seriously such an ignorant :censored2: that you think we're going to cut spending? Even Republican politicians admit these tax cuts are going to add at least a trillion to the debt. Yet their sheep voters are in full blown denial lol.
Actually, my I.Q. tested at 139, but that's irrelevant. Your reading and comprehension, on the other hand, are highly suspect. You are so intent on insulting others, you fail those simple tasks. Your lack of intellect makes productive intercourse impossible. Time to relegate you to Ignore, with the likes of Meat, and OldFart.

It will be fine

Actually, my I.Q. tested at 139, but that's irrelevant. Your reading and comprehension, on the other hand, are highly suspect. You are so intent on insulting others, you fail those simple tasks. Your lack of intellect makes productive intercourse impossible. Time to relegate you to Ignore, with the likes of Meat, and OldFart.
#iamverysmart

Might want to look up the definition of ignorant.

vantexan

If you have a mortgage, pay state and local income taxes including school property taxes have high deductible healthcare plans or no insurance at all or high medical mileage A casualty loss from fire floods etc and don't forget charitable contributions and the loss of that Schedule A deduction could really hurt future donations to churches, humanitarian organizations etc. It doesn't take long to approach that 24K figure. Now understand the IRS having to audit Schedule A deductions has for a long time been a high cost low return process and getting rid of it altogether has been something they have wanted to do for a long time. This will speed up the elimination but there will be winners and losers under the new plan . It all depends on the individuals own situation.
If you itemize beyond $24k you're doing well. Overall the tax cuts put more money into most people's hands, and the corporate rate cut puts more from raises and more opportunity. We need to shrink the Federal gov't. Reducing it's intake is a good start.

BootsOnTarmac

People don't wanna hear that. Just like the young adult with a $20,000 salary and a Jeep payment of $600/month. He doesn't know what the problem is, but he knows it isn't the Jeep.

I love your analogy. Lending for houses, cars, etc., is still just a money grab by Lenders, written off, backed and bailed by the Government when the borrower defaults.

35years

Gravy route
Ignorance does not equate to IQ, or lack thereof.
IQ test scores also do not equate to intelligence. IQ is a misnomer.

vantexan

Most likely you'd eliminate at least 10% across the board going after waste, fraud, and abuse. Surely even you know that.

vantexan

You're delusional.
Unless people want to talk cuts to the military, Medicare, and social security, their debt talk is all lip service.
Still angry at us old folks, huh? So you don't think across the board cuts are achievable? And have you not noticed Social Security and Medicare are separately taken out of your check? You need to find a different group to be mad at.