Wal-Mart the ugly...handing out raises FDX next?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just making people accountable, cleaning up waste, arresting people for fraud, etc should fix a lot. No more junkets to Hawaii for some department to have fun on "official" business.
This is like suggesting we solve the problem by cutting politicians' salaries. It plays well with the small minded voters, that's about all it does though. In reality it's comparable to handing out Band-Aids during an extinction level pandemic.

vantexan

This is like suggesting we solve the problem by cutting politicians' salaries. It plays well with the small minded voters, that's about all it does though. In reality it's comparable to handing out Band-Aids during an extinction level pandemic.
So do nothing because if something works it'll make the other side look bad? We should be doing everything possible to eliminate the deficit, no matter what. And if it means trimming EVERY department 10%+ so be it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If Jane Curtin and Dan Aykroyd were doing their ‘Point, Counterpoint’ today, I wonder if Dan would be saying “Jane, you ignorant :censored2:!”

bacha29

So, are you going to thank Trump for Apple's actions?
Apple, Returning Overseas Cash, to Pay $38 Billion Tax Bill
They stashed it in overseas banks then put a gun to Congress's head until they got a tax rate that was to their satisfaction , in this case 15.5% . Now could you or I take our gross wages stuff them in an Irish bank then use our millions in campaign and lobbyist money to arm twist Congress to give us a tax rate that we like?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They stashed it in overseas banks then put a gun to Congress's head until they got a tax rate that was to their satisfaction , in this case 15.5% . Now could you or I take our gross wages stuff them in an Irish bank then use our millions in campaign and lobbyist money to arm twist Congress to give us a tax rate that we like?
Did they stash it in that Irish bank because of Trump?

bacha29

Did they stash it in that Irish bank because of Trump?
Once again they stuffed it there which included profits made in the US and would continue to do so until Congress bowed to it's demand that they get a tax rate that was agreeable to them. Now take your gifted intellect and consider what would happen to the basic functions of this nation if ordinary people like you and I had the power to do the same thing Apple was able to get away with.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Once again they stuffed it there which included profits made in the US and would continue to do so until Congress bowed to it's demand that they get a tax rate that was agreeable to them. Now take your gifted intellect and consider what would happen to the basic functions of this nation if ordinary people like you and I had the power to do the same thing Apple was able to get away with.
So, you can't figure out how to blame Trump, so you divert the discussion.
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullsh**.

Nolimitz

No one committing fraud, especially with Medicaid or SS disability,

We are trying to get our adopted adult daughter, who is developmentally delayed since birth on SSI at the moment. I applaud anyone that is able to game that system. The qualification process is more than a bear to get thru. We have been in process since she turned 18 in July and still not done. She cant even start the Medicaid process until she is on SSI. We could have started this process 18 years ago but were able to support our family w/o out govt help. However we will not be around forever and she may at some point want to live and work on her own. But she will need the hand up. Our tax dollars put to good use, weather you believe it or not!

So again you show how out of touch you are with reality.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We are trying to get our adopted adult daughter, who is developmentally delayed since birth on SSI at the moment. I applaud anyone that is able to game that system. The qualification process is more than a bear to get thru. We have been in process since she turned 18 in July and still not done. She cant even start the Medicaid process until she is on SSI. We could have started this process 18 years ago but were able to support our family w/o out govt help. However we will not be around forever and she may at some point want to live and work on her own. But she will need the hand up. Our tax dollars put to good use, weather you believe it or not!

And yet, I have an ex-SIL on SSI, who is able to install fencing, do remodeling work, and various other odd jobs for cash.
Your reality may be more characteristic of the system, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of fraud.

bacha29

So, you can't figure out how to blame Trump, so you divert the discussion.
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullsh**.
Trump's call for a massive tax cut was one of the main drivers of his campaign. Therefore if you are riding into a congressional seat on the coattails of Trump you don't vote against his tax bill. The cuts will no doubt produce something in the way of increased economic activity for awhile but it will generate huge deficits which could result in massive cuts to programs the Reps refer to as "entitlements" in order to hide what they are actually referring to including a 1.4 trillion reduction in Medicaid spending . So where will this all end up? Right back onto the states to figure out how to pay for essential public services. So what will Republican state governors do? They'll do what they've always tried to do in recent years.....dump it on to the local governments.......Brownback, Corbett, Kasich ,,, They've all tried this trick.

vantexan

No one is talking about taking benefits from those in need. Unfortunately because many do "game" the system it greatly reduces the resources available to legitimate needs like your daughter's. Don't cheer on those who take advantage if you are sincere about wanting to help her.

vantexan

Trump's call for a massive tax cut was one of the main drivers of his campaign. Therefore if you are riding into a congressional seat on the coattails of Trump you don't vote against his tax bill. The cuts will no doubt produce something in the way of increased economic activity for awhile but it will generate huge deficits which could result in massive cuts to programs the Reps refer to as "entitlements" in order to hide what they are actually referring to including a 1.4 trillion reduction in Medicaid spending . So where will this all end up? Right back onto the states to figure out how to pay for essential public services. So what will Republican state governors do? They'll do what they've always tried to do in recent years.....dump it on to the local governments.......Brownback, Corbett, Kasich ,,, They've all tried this trick.
And yet you and others were saying the tax cuts wouldn't work at all, but now are saying they may help for awhile. Your way, massive deficit spending, eventually leads to collapse. Let's try a healthy economy with lots of opportunities for average citizens for awhile instead of huge bureaucracies that aren't efficient or cost effective.

vantexan

And yet, I have an ex-SIL on SSI, who is able to install fencing, do remodeling work, and various other odd jobs for cash.
Your reality may be more characteristic of the system, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of fraud.
I too have an ex-SIL who got on disability with chronic fatigue syndrome. She went into remission when she got pregnant but never stopped getting her disability checks, which have to be renewed. My nephew is 22 now and she's been active for years. And for 18 years she got a check for him too equal to half hers.

vantexan

They had no intent to bring it back because of the highest corporate tax rate amongst developed nations. And they did so through legal loop holes. Be thankful they're willing to bring it back here now because that money won't be sat on, it will be invested. Investment brings jobs. And it's happening because Republicans made it happen. Otherwise still overseas.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes, as a matter of fact, Apple and I consulted together on this matter on a daily basis.
If you don't believe me, there is a supporting article published in The Onion you could research.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Ttku
You're ignorant because you think Republicans are actually going to cut spending. Never happens. You'll get the status quo and find someone to blame later.
Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin. Trump has proven that. You have Rinos like McCain that ran reelection commercials of him promising to end Obamacare as his top priority. Then when the vote came, he voted to keep it and killed the bill. He wasn't the only one. Several Republicans voted for repealing Obamacare when Obama was president, because they knew it would never pass. Then when Trump said he'll sign it, they voted against the same legislation. Total corrupt frauds in both parties. Trump has exposed just how corrupt DC really is. Same with Trump's wall. Republicans don't want it because they want illegal aliens flooding in our country just as much as the Democrats do. Republicans want cheap labor and Democrats want new permanent voters to keep Dems in office forever. Both parties are treasonous enemies to this country.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They had no intent to bring it back because of the highest corporate tax rate amongst developed nations. And they did so through legal loop holes. Be thankful they're willing to bring it back here now because that money won't be sat on, it will be invested. Investment brings jobs. And it's happening because Republicans made it happen. Otherwise still overseas.
Be thankful lol. Man they really got you fooled. They sat on it overseas because of Republicans, and you're thanking them.