WalMart - Ohhhh, the liability of it all.

rod

Retired 22 years
We was all fancy. Even had a porta potty.

We had a big Army surplus tent with a couple of cots, electric generators, grills and an endless supply of beer. Average citizens and other trucking companies were dropping off donuts, beer and soda by the case. --------and we had a port-a-pot that was set up on the city right of way on UPS property. That was a nice touch. The business across the street from our center (actually its the headquarters of the local snowmobile club that consists of a large metal building they keep their trail groomer in) let us set up our circus in their front field. Both of the strikes I when through were well organized.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had a big Army surplus tent with a couple of cots, electric generators, grills and an endless supply of beer. Average citizens and other trucking companies were dropping off donuts, beer and soda by the case. --------and we had a port-a-pot that was set up on the city right of way on UPS property. That was a nice touch. The business across the street from our center (actually its the headquarters of the local snowmobile club that consists of a large metal building they keep their trail groomer in) let us set up our circus in their front field. Both of the strikes I when through were well organized.
It's nice when you are in an area like that...we were on a dead end road awAy from most everything....very quiet

It was nice to have some support from other Teamsters and from some other unions.

I definitely put in a few pounds. Lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Not show up.

Does that have anything to do with you not having any friends at work
It's nice when you are in an area like that...we were on a dead end road awAy from most everything....very quiet

We were in the center of the local industrial park on a corner lot of the two main streets. Lots of traffic. Being its a smaller town we had tons of people just drive by just to see what a strike was. Of the bumper to bumper traffic I can only recall a couple of instances where we got negative comments.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It took them over a week to get rid of the one days worth of packages that were caught in the system when the strike was called. For the most part all they did was call the customers and tell them to come get their stuff. That "atta boy" plaque is nothing to be proud of.
I delivered an entire package car everyday of the strike.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
SURE you did.
Wasn't that hard since there were no pickups.
I was a swing driver ... going out blind with a map book was the norm for me.
I already knew the DIAD as I was a coordinator from rollout and we had an active DIAD in the lab.

rod

Retired 22 years
I delivered an entire package car everyday of the strike.

The trucks that went out here after the first or second day had maybe at the most 3 or 4 stops in them. (they were followed--turnabout is fair play). They just like to drive around to keep the name out there--even though they were empty most of the time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The trucks that went out here after the first or second day had maybe at the most 3 or 4 stops in them. (they were followed--turnabout is fair play). They just like to drive around to keep the name out there--even though they were empty most of the time.
We had full cars from the preload.

We didn't have no stinkin port a potty. We had trash can fires , signs , and beer.
KgEcdZ8LnlYje.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
We had full cars from the preload.

Are you talking "Atlanta"? I can see a few full trucks for a day or two in a big city like that but not EVERY day of the strike (unless you were the only one delivering). After the first few days the incoming package stream dried up.