We’re done

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The one thing I never got used to as a Teamster is that members that have more seniority than you think they are better than you. I got this job at almost age 38 . Before this job merit was more important than anything else as it should be.

Seniority carries more importance than it should. I had little respect with drivers that had more seniority that thought their :censored2: didn't stink and tried to skate their way along than drivers who were totally professional no matter where they were on the board.

This is one thing i do not miss at all.

As a feeder driver, please explain to me what you mean by "merit".
I would like to know who evaluates "merit" and by what standards???

What I find "interesting", is that in one sentence she is railing about those who have more seniority as "thinking that they are better than you", then in the next clamoring about "merit"???

Isn't "merit" just an avenue for the Company to arbitrarily tell us one employee is "better" than the next; while "seniority" a concrete variable that implies an employee has satisfied the same conditions of employment for a period of time???....making them "better"???

For me, in this arena, I'll take the seniority system; because no matter how fast a junior employee runs, or the shortcuts they choose to take, they will never catch me, "as it should be".

Last edited:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I never said having seniority makes you any better than anyone else. To me, it just gives you more options, and those options are EARNED. No one can earn it more or less than anyone else.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some someone hired off the street whines about the people who had worked there for years having seniority over her?

What a surprise.

542thruNthru

Bruh. Like when she was flying friend-16s in the military and none of the guys could handle all the Gs she was pulling. Landed her the role of squadron commander and later, astronaut.

I literally had to check the search function to see if she had told a story like that. It just shows you how ridiculous her stories are!

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, I have the lowest seniority, but have the most experience. It’s not even close. They know few routes, they have no clue how bad/good other buildings have it.
Knowing a lot of routes isn't having more experience.

And most drivers went through that before they got their own routes.

Knowing a lot of routes isn't having more experience.

And most drivers went through that before they got their own routes.
1996 was much different than 2018. The worst part make then was having 200 dell servers going to the 42nd floor. Thank got for tablets.

Doing more routes plus doing the job longer is more experience.

oldngray

nowhere special
1996 was much different than 2018. The worst part make then was having 200 dell servers going to the 42nd floor. Thank got for tablets.

Doing more routes plus doing the job longer is more experience.

Which equals higher seniority drivers.

Box Ox

Yes, I have the lowest seniority, but have the most experience. It’s not even close. They know few routes, they have no clue how bad/good other buildings have it.

Quit transferring so much, and you won’t have to cry about your seniority.

So wait a minute. You've nutshot your own seniority a couple times and are now using your own rare and personal experience to critique seniority as experienced by 99%+ of union hourlies at UPS?

Quit transferring so much, and you won’t have to cry about your seniority.
My seniority is only good for a transfer. I only follow the rules. If the union won’t protect my job. The union will be the only reason why I may have to leave ups.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
But still a fact.

Not fact.... the ones at the top did not go through what they go through now. And most couldn’t do it. They have the least amount of experience in their centers.

I won't pretend to know you, but your complaints sound identical to a lot of drivers I know, that sit on, or near the bottom of the seniority list. "It's not fair," "I never get days off when I want."

And I won't even argue with you about who works harder; that's playing UPS's game.

And knowing more routes than other drivers doesn't make you more experienced, it makes you a cover driver.

I've worked here my whole adult life, and you're right, having little seniority sucks, but you deal with it the same way we all did: day by day.

So wait a minute. You've nutshot your own seniority a couple times and are now using your own rare and personal experience to critique seniority as experienced by 99%+ of union hourlies at UPS?
Critiquing seniority when used as an entitlement. Seniority should not be used to screw your neighbor.