We’re done

BigBrown1234

The membership numbers that attended our General Membership Meetings disgusts me.

We conduct our union meetings under parliamentary law (Roberts rules of order) yet in order to conduct official business we need a minimum quorum that is about 15 members and sometimes we can’t even meet that number in a local with 6k members (many times the majority attending members being retired members that can’t vote)

I have attempted to introduce many “motions” to resolve issues I feel relevant but the members are ignorant of the process to hold our union leadership ACCOUNTABLE to some type of STANDARD

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone will be off Monday. Either a top guy takes off or a bottom guy is laid off.

One of my biggest disagreements with our local management team is their practice of coding days off as dead days rather than forcing drivers to use all of their paid time before being able to take days off without pay.

It is a good thing that we are able to view our time cards on upsers as I have caught them doing this twice with me and have had to ask them to change the code from scheduled off to either a personal or sick day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The membership numbers that attended our General Membership Meetings disgusts me.

We conduct our union meetings under parliamentary law (Roberts rules of order) yet in order to conduct official business we need a minimum quorum that is about 15 members and sometimes we can’t even meet that number in a local with 6k members (many times the majority attending members being retired members that can’t vote)

I have attempted to introduce many “motions” to resolve issues I feel relevant but the members are ignorant of the process to hold our union leadership ACCOUNTABLE to some type of STANDARD

We had a meeting a year or so ago where we were still counting heads as the meeting was supposed to start. We were one short and our BA ended up calling a member who lived nearby just to have him come down and sign the book to make it a "legal" meeting.

Our local suspends meetings for June, July and August due to historically low turnout during the summer months.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of my biggest disagreements with our local management team is their practice of coding days off as dead days rather than forcing drivers to use all of their paid time before being able to take days off without pay.

It is a good thing that we are able to view our time cards on upsers as I have caught them doing this twice with me and have had to ask them to change the code from scheduled off to either a personal or sick day.
If I had to use vacation days I wouldn't take Monday's off. This way, I'm off and a junior driver gets the opportunity to work. I'll burn the same guys with vacation days on summer Fridays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had to use vacation days I wouldn't take Monday's off. This way, I'm off and a junior driver gets the opportunity to work. I'll burn the same guys with vacation days on summer Fridays.

...and if it came down to you or another driver who did not take dead days who do you think should be given the day off if only one of you could take it...?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Go somewhere else to conduct your criminal activity.
This is a union forum lady. If a D head sup wants to threaten one of my Teamster brothers, well then it’s a 2 way street. However, on my side of the street you get run over. Go back to being soft and frail.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had to use optionals or vacation days I would just work instead and still burn the junior drivers in summer. I just started taking the dead days. We've had guys doing it forever.

It wasn’t aimed at you specifically.

We have had junior drivers w/days denied a day off when a senior driver w/o days wanted the same day. That is unfair.

I am about to take 34 paid days off so I guess I shouldn’t bitch.