We’re done

upschuck

I am talking about FUEL SURCHARGES. Not service venues.

9% for diesel or gasoline.
18% for jet fuel.
That's what the 800 number supervisor, yes I talked with a supervisor, flat out told me.
Take down this post too idk.
upload_2018-4-27_9-38-9.png

You got hosed on the fuel surcharge, should have been nowhere near those %.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
at my center.... There is a huge influx of new drivers. I mean massive. Lots of guys went to feeders and lots of guys retired

I’m trying to keep these new young guys up with all the contract chatter. So far from, what I have understood from them....

They have no problem working 70hr a week “that’s mad money brah”

They have no problem having 2 split days off, as most already get talked into it by the supervisors with our current sat deliveries

They have no problem with ups only giving us pension benefits up to 40hr because they don’t understand

They are terrified to get on th 9.5 list because of being a “target”

They wouldn’t mind 3x13s.... that’s 4 days off!!! I sadly have to explain how :censored2:ed they are missing out on over time. I think the 3x13 is simply a ploy by ups to get us to settle with more 4x10s

They absolutely don’t want to strike because they wasted their money on stupid cars and stupid houses and are scraping by.

We need to do the best that we can to educate these guys on “the good old days” and how stuff was/should be. Otherwise, we’re honestly :censored2:ed come voting time. I hope other places are diff, but my big hub has me worried.

/end rant

Thankfully, these are the clowns that never open a ballot.

Dracula

can other guys tell me what’s it’s like at their center? What is the ratio of snowflake/cuckservatives to more og drivers?

If you sit back and think for a sec. add the amount of soft new drivers, with the amount of pt guys who will now vote yes just to get 15hr.... man the writing is on the wall and ups knows it.

Part timers never vote. The numbers prove this.

Dracula

They have to work under a different contract then when we started. Many of them would be fine if they didn't go home 2 out 5 days, I am talking about the ones's that go home everyday no questions asked.

You can raise the pay, but today's generation will not work as hard as the last few generations. They are the exception (the ones willing to get in the nitty gritty) not the norm.

On this, I can finally agree with you. When I was in package car, when drivers would get an 8HR day, you guys wouldn't adjust the loads, accordingly, and instead, would ask those drivers if they wanted to go home. And instead of telling you guys, "No, I'm working, and you need to figure out how you're going to get my route down to 8HR," like those of us who wanted an 8HR day and not the day off, they would happily go home.

And then, the next day, they would bitch and moan about how you guys never honored 8HR days. As if they didn't have a voice on the matter.

8HR days are an agreement between the Union and Management. And I get it, you guys in management want to take the easiest way out, but that's no excuse for our drivers to grant it to you so easily.

Same thing for taking all of these days off. We've fought for, and earned the great money we make. We work hard. I always have.

And you guys know it, too.

It just amazes me so many our drivers don't. I'm not talking about taking a day off when you need it. I'm talking about these PC drivers who consistently take every Monday off, or any day they can get.

That's the great thing about feeders. It doesn't happen like that in feeders. Guys just don't go home like they do in PC. The money's too good, and the job is so much easier. That's not to say your cousins on the feeder management side don't pull their share of BS like you guys do. They do, and it can be pretty effective, for the same reason it works for you: drivers won't stand up for themselves.

In feeders, we hear about the "On-Time Network" and property times. Neither means much to me. Not that I've got anything against them, but I've been trained on how to do this job, and that's the way I do it. Period. So when your cousins come whining to me about why I'm leaving or arriving late, I'll have a real reason for it. Of course, your boys don't want to hear it; they don't really care about safety, or DOT laws, until I explain it to them, and show them there are no shortcuts with me.

Then, they leave me alone. It's pointless to argue with the truth.

If I were in your position, who knows, maybe I would try to manipulate the system to get my way too. But that doesn't excuse my brothers and sisters from backing down from foundation that everyone before them has built. We have a contract. You guys can do with it what you want. But so can we, if our people would just stand on it.

F

Frankie's Friend

On this, I can finally agree with you. When I was in package car, when drivers would get an 8HR day, you guys wouldn't adjust the loads, accordingly, and instead, would ask those drivers if they wanted to go home. And instead of telling you guys, "No, I'm working, and you need to figure out how you're going to get my route down to 8HR," like those of us who wanted an 8HR day and not the day off, they would happily go home.

And then, the next day, they would bitch and moan about how you guys never honored 8HR days. As if they didn't have a voice on the matter.

8HR days are an agreement between the Union and Management. And I get it, you guys in management want to take the easiest way out, but that's no excuse for our drivers to grant it to you so easily.

Same thing for taking all of these days off. We've fought for, and earned the great money we make. We work hard. I always have.

It just amazes me so many our drivers don't. I'm not talking about taking a day off when you need it. I'm talking about these PC drivers who consistently take every Monday off, or any day they can get.

That's the great thing about feeders. It doesn't happen like that in feeders. Guys just don't go home like they do in PC. The money's too good, and the job is so much easier. That's not to say your cousins on the feeder management side don't pull their share of BS like you guys do. They do, and it can be pretty effective, for the same reason it works for you: drivers won't stand up for themselves.

In feeders, we hear about the "On-Time Network" and property times. Neither means much to me. Not that I've got anything against them, but I've been trained on how to do this job, and that's the way I do it. Period. So when your cousins come whining to me about why I'm leaving or arriving late, I'll have a real reason for it. Of course, your boys don't want to hear it; they don't really care about safety, or DOT laws, until I explain it to them, and show them there are no shortcuts with me.

If I were in your position, who knows, maybe I would try to manipulate the system to get my way too. But that doesn't excuse my brothers and sisters from backing down from foundation that everyone before them has built. We have a contract. You guys can do with it what you want. But so can we, if our people would just stand on it.
Fact.
This should be the preamble of the CBAs across the country.
Short version: Get a spine and use it. The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Dracula

What numbers? I have never seen a vote breakdown by FT,PT, Feeder, delivery or inside.

The numbers, being how many PT's join the union. Make no mistake, the numbers also indicate the majority of full-timers don't vote. But if you don't even join the union, how are you going know what the contract even proposes?

I'm judging by how many PT's show up to the monthly union meetings. At best, it's 40:1.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Someone will be off Monday. Either a top guy takes off or a bottom guy is laid off.

F

Frankie's Friend

The numbers, being how many PT's join the union. Make no mistake, the numbers also indicate the majority of full-timers don't vote. But if you don't even join the union, how are you going know what the contract even proposes?

I'm judging by how many PT's show up to the monthly union meetings. At best, it's 40:1.
Probably similar to the ratio of impromptu visits the BA makes to our buildings per year.

Dracula

Probably similar to the ratio of impromptu visits the BA makes to our buildings per year.

And I can't argue with that, either. This is a top-down problem, that without doubt, starts with the Hoffa administration. And he has failed us.

If you have to pay dues to a union, you deserve to know who is getting those dues, and what they are doing for you and your co-workers. And a big part of that is making your presence known. No argument there.

But if your union isn't working, you have to fight for it. It's yours. You may not be in power, but you give it power. And it may not be easy, but if you don't fight for it, who is going to?

F

Frankie's Friend

And I can't argue with that, either. This is a top-down problem, that without doubt, starts with the Hoffa administration. And he has failed us.

If you have to pay dues to a union, you deserve to know who is getting those dues, and what they are doing for you and your co-workers. And a big part of that is making your presence known. No argument there.

But if your union isn't working, you have to fight for it. It's yours. You may not be in power, but you give it power. And it may not be easy, but if you don't fight for it, who is going to?
Truth.

Dracula

Someone will be off Monday. Either a top guy takes off or a bottom guy is laid off.

Seniority rules. If the top guy wants to go home, fine. The bottom guy has to bide his time. But if the top guy wants to bitch about it, then stand up and act on your seniority. Jeez.

I'm judging by how many PT's show up to the monthly union
Most of the Union meetings I attended, there was not enough members that showed up to continue. FT or PT. I agree a lot of PT (and FT) consider Union dues to be just another tax on their wages. The biggest difference being a tax on $10/hr or $37/hr.