We’re done

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly if I told the group to deliver air in trace at PCM and a driver broke off to deliver medicine and told me that, I wouldn't have an issue with that. Most mgmt people I know, who I consider to be on the right side of the bell curve, wouldn't either. I know it isn't perfect though.

We are specifically told to try to deliver any NDA medicine as quickly as possible.

dudebro

You jest but we used to do just that.

If you sent out something 2nd Day Air it would go to the air hub (Philly) and be held so that it would make service on the second day. UPS quickly figured out what a waste of time and money that was and got it through the system in the most efficient manner possible so, yes, you could get 1 day service and only pay for 2 day.
I know we used to do that. We ran a separate night sort in Saddle Brook in the mid 90s for only next day air when the networks were separate. It's just dumb. Having said that, I don't like putting "air" in customers' minds if we don't do that, but how would you know ahead of time? If it's a next day package and it's going further than 1 day by ground, it IS flying. If we can ground it there, we do that.

Honestly if I told the group to deliver air in trace at PCM and a driver broke off to deliver medicine and told me that, I wouldn't have an issue with that. Most mgmt people I know, who I consider to be on the right side of the bell curve, wouldn't either. I know it isn't perfect though.
I do it all the time. Write me up for it.

What really burns my ass is when we have an opportunity to deliver some of them on time and they say just run your route straight line, we have a weather exception.

Complete BS

dudebro

His complaint was the extra fuel surcharge for air service when did not go by air.

But if it was a 1030 air we may have delivered it with an AM driver, plus, it might have moved via a special shuttle to the airport either way.

I know the 800# lied, but there are reasons for addl surplus other than an aircraft.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
For a promotion. DM said get me 1/1000 in ODS misloads. I'm getting what he / she asked for. In return, if I'm thought of as someone who will go get the results, I'll be considered for the next (higher paying) level. It doesn't just work that way at UPS. It works that way everywhere.

Adam Smith's invisible hand at work.
Lmfboooooo

F

Frankie's Friend

Would you really have preferred we put it in a plane and flew it down to Louisville and back, instead of putting it on a trailer and sending it 100 miles?
No sir.
I'd rather the company not send it via the feeder (ground) system and charge me double the fuel surcharge for jet fuel when it never left the ground system.

9% surcharge for ground
18% " " air (jet fuel)
Never left the ground system so I got screwed out of 9%.

That is the issue.

F

Frankie's Friend

But if it was a 1030 air we may have delivered it with an AM driver, plus, it might have moved via a special shuttle to the airport either way.

I know the 800# lied, but there are reasons for addl surplus other than an aircraft.
Why was my post about fraud removed?
You think about that while you're rationalizing your approval of dishonesty.

No sir.
I'd rather the company not send it via the feeder (ground) system and charge me double the fuel surcharge for jet fuel when it never left the ground system.

9% surcharge for ground
18% " " air (jet fuel)
Never left the ground system so I got screwed out of 9%.

That is the issue.
Unfortunately you gotta read the fine print

Next day air does not mean it's going by air. Not taking any sides but that's the way it is

F

Frankie's Friend

I do it all the time. Write me up for it.

What really burns my ass is when we have an opportunity to deliver some of them on time and they say just run your route straight line, we have a weather exception.

Complete BS
I am talking about FUEL SURCHARGES. Not service venues.

9% for diesel or gasoline.
18% for jet fuel.
That's what the 800 number supervisor, yes I talked with a supervisor, flat out told me.
Take down this post too idk.

F

Frankie's Friend

Unfortunately you gotta read the fine print

Next day air does not mean it's going by air. Not taking any sides but that's the way it is
Not what the supe said.
It's a fuel surcharge based on fuel costs.