We’re done

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One of my biggest disagreements with our local management team is their practice of coding days off as dead days rather than forcing drivers to use all of their paid time before being able to take days off without pay.

It is a good thing that we are able to view our time cards on upsers as I have caught them doing this twice with me and have had to ask them to change the code from scheduled off to either a personal or sick day.
Sounds like they were being dishonest....you try delivering a nda at the end of your shift and see what happens..

Future

Victory Ride
Sounds like they were being dishonest....you try delivering a nda at the end of your shift and see what happens..
I agree
1ECF5247-B486-416A-B5DB-1268BE7FAF61.gif

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It wasn’t aimed at you specifically.

We have had junior drivers w/days denied a day off when a senior driver w/o days wanted the same day. That is unfair.

I am about to take 34 paid days off so I guess I shouldn’t bitch.
An optional or vacation day is granted before a dead day regardless of seniority.

F

Frankie's Friend

It wasn’t aimed at you specifically.

We have had junior drivers w/days denied a day off when a senior driver w/o days wanted the same day. That is unfair.

I am about to take 34 paid days off so I guess I'm the bitch.
Fixed it for you parasite.

F

Frankie's Friend

@Wideload is a union thug who is no longer relevant in today's Teamsters.
And you are relevant? The off the street hire parasite?
I'm sure you've made a difference in the 20 some driver center you run.

If the relevance of today's Teamsters Union is parallel with your behavior and troll posting on here it's no wonder that the union is seen as weak and management friendly.

I would have to say that your poison defines your legacy. There's more two faced people in the world besides you but you've enjoyed being irrelevant on here just to start trash.

The best thing all of us could do would be to put you on ignore until you expire.

Tony Q

at my center.... There is a huge influx of new drivers. I mean massive. Lots of guys went to feeders and lots of guys retired

I’m trying to keep these new young guys up with all the contract chatter. So far from, what I have understood from them....

They have no problem working 70hr a week “that’s mad money brah”

They have no problem having 2 split days off, as most already get talked into it by the supervisors with our current sat deliveries

They have no problem with ups only giving us pension benefits up to 40hr because they don’t understand

They are terrified to get on th 9.5 list because of being a “target”

They wouldn’t mind 3x13s.... that’s 4 days off!!! I sadly have to explain how :censored2:ed they are missing out on over time. I think the 3x13 is simply a ploy by ups to get us to settle with more 4x10s

They absolutely don’t want to strike because they wasted their money on stupid cars and stupid houses and are scraping by.

We need to do the best that we can to educate these guys on “the good old days” and how stuff was/should be. Otherwise, we’re honestly :censored2:ed come voting time. I hope other places are diff, but my big hub has me worried.

/end rant
These times we are living in remind me of the sixties and seventies. I could see a strike appealing to a newer demographic of workers. You got the ones who don't want to work that everyone is encountering and the new age of activists that are sweeping the headlines.

Johnny123456789

I would give my right testicle for a 4 day 10 hour work week. UPS isn't my life. I have other goals and aspirations.

I would also give up both testicles to NOT work a 6 Day 12 hour week. 70 hours? Lol!