We are so embarrassed as a Country

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Meanwhile, in Realityville;

Elite Syrian Unit Scatters Chemical Arms Stockpile

A secretive Syrian military unit at the center of the Assad regime's chemical weapons program has been moving
stocks of poison gases and munitions to as many as 50 sites to make them harder for the U.S. to track, according
to American and Middle Eastern officials.
Elite Syrian Unit Scatters Chemical Arms Stockpile - WSJ.com

I heard this too, but I don't pay it much attention.

I also heard the Syrians are making smaller piles and also larger piles to make it easier for Putin and Obama (oops I mean Obama and Putin) to work together to make the world a better place. :peaceful::peaceful:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
fast.jpg
fast.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And mark my words, the day will soon come, when sites like this will be taken down, and your thoughts will be muted.

Slowly, chip chip chip away at the 1st and the 2nd amendment.
Look what part of what the future holds:

Senate Amendment Would Give DOJ Power to Determine Who Is a 'Journalist

An amendment is moving through the Senate Judiciary Committee that would essentially allow the
government to determine who is a journalist for purposes of legal protection of sources.
Senate Amendment Would Give DOJ Power to Determine Who Is a 'Journalist'

This is very scary! Where does it end?

afterthought

And mark my words, the day will soon come, when sites like this will be taken down, and your thoughts will be muted.

Slowly, chip chip chip away at the 1st and the 2nd amendment.
Look what part of what the future holds:

Senate Amendment Would Give DOJ Power to Determine Who Is a 'Journalist

An amendment is moving through the Senate Judiciary Committee that would essentially allow the
government to determine who is a journalist for purposes of legal protection of sources.
Senate Amendment Would Give DOJ Power to Determine Who Is a 'Journalist'

This is very scary! Where does it end?
When the 22nd amendment is enforced and Barry does not use a Senate trick, or executive order to over ride it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Grantville, Georgia Police Chief has been suspended for a week – without pay – merely for visiting Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio during his vacation.
Chief Doug Jordan and his wife planned a recent trip to Arizona to celebrate their wedding anniversary. They had honeymooned there 31 years ago. They paid for the trip and its expenses themselves.
While there, Jordan thought it would be a great idea to see if he could meet with Arpaio. He was honored when Arpaio agreed to do so.
“I meet with people from all over the country,” said Arpaio. “I have an open door policy, and he wanted to see me along with his lovely wife. He wanted to pick my brain and was hoping to go back to his home and fight the drug problems there.” Arpaio was a DEA official for 25 years in Argentina, Turkey, Mexico and Arizona; and 20 years fighting Mexican cartels as Maricopa Sheriff, so he knows a thing or two about fighting crime.
Following their meeting, Jordan expressed his hopes to establish Grantville’s own drug team. He also expressed interest in having some of his officers travel to Arizona for training.
This did not sit well with moonbats among the city council. Barked council member Johnny Cooks:
“I was not very pleased by it. I was not in support of it. I am not in support of this kind of news by police officers representing the Grantville uniform without the council or city manager’s approval.”
Consequently,
After a closed personnel session at Monday’s Grantville City Council meeting, Jordan was suspended for a calendar week without pay for violating the city manager’s policy of reporting anything that is not routine. The city council voted 2-1 to suspend Jordan, while 2 of its members, including the mayor himself, were also on vacation.
Characteristically, Sheriff Joe has offered to travel to Georgia to defend his fellow law enforcement professional.
The good news for Grantville is that it should now have no trouble acquiring federal funds, given how vehemently Arpaio is hated by the Obama Regime for enforcing immigration law.
johnny-cooks.jpg
Crooks voted to suspend Chief Jordan.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The guy might have been on vacation, but he wore his police uniform and met with joe arpaio about setting up a drug task force. They also discussed sending officers to Arizona to be trained. The meeting ended up in the newspapers with pictures, undoubtedly given willingly.

Maybe the city council doesn't want a drug war in their town and didn't take kindly to the sheriff starting one.
Or maybe it's just some political game and they thought the sheriff was looking for publicity to run for office in the future.

I'd like to defend the sheriff, but honestly I can't defend someone who goes out of their way to bring the drug war home with them from their vacation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Are you absolutely sure that there are no illegal drugs being sold in GA ?
If someone is playing games it's Crooks , calling for a vote while the mayor is away .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Drugs are not going away. I'd prefer my taxes not go to fighting a war that can't be won.
We should spend less time fighting "illegal" drugs, and more time fighting big pharma.

Necropostophiliac

Drugs are not going away. I'd prefer my taxes not go to fighting a war that can't be won.
We should spend less time fighting "illegal" drugs, and more time fighting big pharma.
And you undoubtedly can not see why the term illegal alien has any meaning and should be followed.

The laws are the laws.

Drugs, immigration, welfare abuse, social security disability, voter fraud......

A lot of people of the left lack values and morales.

The majority screamed and booed with horror and shock that the DNC, for political purposes, were going to
put "God" back in the 2012 platform.

I know some also hate Israel and did not want Jerusalem also in the DNC platform.

Is it not ironic that the God they booed, has also stated in the Bible that Jerusalem is where HE will return?

Before you counter that it is all a fairy tale, why does the left spend so much time fighting this and His
Bible, or standards? Can not have the 10 Commandments on the wall. The shock, the horror.
Democrats Boo Reinsertion of "God" and "Jerusalem" into Platform - YouTube

wkmac

If one is "embarrassed as a country" then here is another just reason which even includes the so-called left wing media which will have some appeal.

For some reason we always want to wrap history in the Red, White and Blue and just ignore the horrible truth of the people who dare tell us exactly what they did in our name.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Regarding Putin and Syria, I found this interesting solution:

“Putin is angry. He thinks the United States doesn’t take him seriously or treat Russia as a major player. Okay, fine, that’s how he feels. If I were president, I’d get in a room with him and say, ‘Look at the slaughter going on in Syria. You can stop it. Do it, and I’ll see to it that you can get all the credit. I’ll tell the world it was you who saved the innocent children of Syria from slaughter. You’ll be an international hero. You’ll go down in history.’ Hell, Putin would go to bed thinking, ‘That’s not a bad offer.’ There will still be plenty of other issues I’d have with Russia. But instead of looking for one huge deal that settles everything, you take a piece of the problem and solve it. Give an incentive for good behavior. Show the other guy his self-interest. Everybody has an ego. Everybody needs dignity. And what does it cost? You get what you want you give up nothing.”

Any idea who said it?

trickpony1

“Putin is angry. He thinks the United States doesn’t take him seriously or treat Russia as a major player. Okay, fine, that’s how he feels. If I were president, I’d get in a room with him and say, ‘Look at the slaughter going on in Syria. You can stop it. Do it, and I’ll see to it that you can get all the credit. I’ll tell the world it was you who saved the innocent children of Syria from slaughter. You’ll be an international hero. You’ll go down in history.’ Hell, Putin would go to bed thinking, ‘That’s not a bad offer.’ There will still be plenty of other issues I’d have with Russia. But instead of looking for one huge deal that settles everything, you take a piece of the problem and solve it. Give an incentive for good behavior. Show the other guy his self-interest. Everybody has an ego. Everybody needs dignity. And what does it cost? You get what you want you give up nothing.”

Any idea who said it?

Let me guess...........was it the messiah Obama?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Any idea who said it?
The President..... of FOX NEWS.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The President..... of FOX NEWS.

Yes. Isn't amazing that when President Obama does exactly what the right was calling for, he is pilloried?

Maybe Bill Maher was actually correct. For the record, I think Maher is a pompous ass, but then again, I think that's what he set out to be, so good for him.

wkmac

Yes. Isn't amazing that when President Obama does exactly what the right was calling for, he is pilloried?

That is very true but then when he does just like Bush for example the left sits absolutely quite when before they pilloried Bush for it. I've never thought Obama was that much different from what a McCain or Romney Presidency would be in the first place.

It ain't principle, it's just pure politics and if fortunes change in the next election, so too will the vocal and the silent also change places.

To the thread subject, Unethical Human Experimentation In The United States