we lost one of our own in local 710

browned out

That is horrible. There is no excuse for this. I wonder what his situation was at UPS. Usually it is a combination of things that drives someone to this.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not talking about outlawing anything. I'm asking about numbers having to do with murders committed with guns in contrast with other murders. It seems that there are quantitative facts that are simply ignored by the inference that somebody is trying to outlaw something. That's intellectually pathetic.
If someone wants to kill another person that badly....they will find a way...stab them, choke them, hit them with a car, poison them...however they can. Banning guns isn't the answer...alhough I do think Chris Rock was onto something back when he said...make bullets cost 1000 bucks a piece. Maybe some people would think twice about who they shoot and why....when they got to buy them on layaway!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To threat to me....just talk out of the correct orifice! How many people die from obesity? Ban all junk food?......my favorite Is Mr Smith, got run over by an SUV. no he didn't....he got ran over by some A-hole,driving an SUV!

Hold the person responsible fot their actions, not the object!

:peaceful::peaceful:
Ban junk food and soda..OR tax new yorkers extra for them....lol. Guns don't kill people anymore than forks make people FAT!

bbsam

Staff member
To threat to me....just talk out of the correct orifice! How many people die from obesity? Ban all junk food?......my favorite Is Mr Smith, got run over by an SUV. no he didn't....he got ran over by some A-hole,driving an SUV!

Hold the person responsible fot their actions, not the object!

:peaceful::peaceful:
You are going to have eternity to search for a post where I have advocated for a ban of any kind and yet you can't help but extrapolate what I have said into that. My only point is the ease which a gun makes murder. You said it yourself. If somebody wants to kill another person badly enough they will find a way. True. But killing by stabbing is far more exhausting, almost intimate. Guns are easy. Now where do you get any idea about banning guns from that? Your knee-jerk reaction simply doesn't apply.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The gun issue aside...this was a terrible tragedy. What drives someone to the point where they shoot their ex or bring a gun to work and go on a shooting spree??

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Nuclear bombs don't kill people people kill people. Trying to keep terrorist states from gaining weapons of mass destruction is silly if they want to destroy infidels they will find a way. Blaming a missile that can annihilate an entire city is like blaming a machine gun for killing 20 little kids in Newtown. That guy could have done that with a pencil.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok, let's be honest,

This POS perpetrated the crime with a gun.

If he didn't have access to a gun, would he have taken the leap and done it with a knife or a hammer or...?

Think about it.

Easy access to guns might, just might, lead to irrational actions that wouldn't have been taken otherwise.

If I go off the rail and I have a gun, that's so much easier and immediate than x, y, or z...

Nail gun? Seriously? I have to go and charge up the compressor...

Hammer? Seriously? I go at it with a hammer with intent to kill three people...will I have as much success with a hammer as I will with a gun?

Think about it.

No prayers for the POS, all prayers go to the orphaned children.

People have just as much success with other objects (including their bare hands) everyday. Next.......

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It takes far more commitment to bludgeon a person to death with a baseball bat than pull a trigger.
I don't own a gun, and I probably never will...that's my choice. But I carry a crowbar between my driver's seat and console...and I doubt I'd have any problems bludgeoning someone if it came down to it. I was mugged once...knife to my throat...if I'd had a weapon at the time....that man would not be breathing.

bbsam

Staff member
Say that when somebody breaks Into your house? or maybe seeing someone raping your child!......zero to snap out=less than one second!
You think that's why people kill people? It takes far less than that. John the banker sleeping with somebody's wife. Sally daughter who finds she's been cut out of the will. Don't go underestimating the low bar people need to justify homicidal rage to themselves.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't own a gun, and I probably never will...that's my choice. But I carry a crowbar between my driver's seat and console...and I doubt I'd have any problems bludgeoning someone if it came down to it. I was mugged once...knife to my throat...if I'd had a weapon at the time....that man would not be breathing.
Oh I bet you would have a problem with it. I know you're caught up in how you wish it would have played out, but killing up close like that isn't nearly that easy.

You think that's why people kill people? It takes far less than that. John the banker sleeping with somebody's wife. Sally daughter who finds she's been cut out of the will. Don't go underestimating the low bar people need to justify homicidal rage to themselves.
What I am trying to say is,you never know what will set people off!

yes a gun is quicker,but if you are that hell bent,on getting somebody,it doesn't matter!

We may never know the whole story,why he did it! Even if he didn't have a gun, he would have killed them another way!

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh I bet you would have a problem with it. I know you're caught up in how you wish it would have played out, but killing up close like that isn't nearly that easy.
Not caught up in anything....it was 15 years ago...when I was young and semingly invinscible. Now I'm older...and ironically physically much stronger...I'd do what I had to do....if put in a situation.

bbsam

Staff member

yes a gun is quicker,but if you are that hell bent,on getting sombody,it doesn't matter!

We may never know the whole story,why he did it! Even if he didn't have a gun, he would have killed them another way!
More to it than quicker. Less intimate. Try it yourself. Go get a mouse from a pet store and squeeze it to death in your hand. I'd be surprised if you could. Shoot it with a pellet gun? Far easier.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

yes a gun is quicker,but if you are that hell bent,on getting sombody,it doesn't matter!

What I'm curious about is...was he also suicidal? If the cops hadn't killed him, would he have killed himself? Not that it matters...it just crossed my mind when I read the article.