We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

F

Frankie's Friend

Multiple times a day on my route, of course I don’t do it but it’s still aggravating and distracting.
If you are a new driver and began your career on Orion it doesnt bother you.

If you drove pre-pass system days it'll drive you nuts if you actually care.

Dumbest "solutions" I've seen yet and SPOHR drops like a rock driving past stops to return later.
Amazing.

F

Frankie's Friend

At one time, they would give me a helper for a day or two on my rural route so that I could train them on the DIAD and hand them off to a driver who actually needed them.
It actually worked pretty well. My helper would sit in the jumpseat with the DIAD and the package and I could talk them through the process while we drove up the long driveway or back road to the house to make the delivery.
They learned fairly quickly because they were not under any stress, if they made a mistake I could talk them back out of it while the car was still moving so it didnt cost us any time.
Same here. But I was on a dense metro route for several years and they assigned me a new helper (with a diad) every freaking day for a week. Finally I called in and asked what the heck they were trying to prove and they said I trained them so well on a diad that I was their helper trainer for the month.
From then on I threw my diad in the rear of the truck after punching in Driver Training Driver in other work for several hours and just walked with the trainee and did management's job. They never said a word.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you are a new driver and began your career on Orion it doesnt bother you.

If you drove pre-pass system days it'll drive you nuts if you actually care.

Dumbest "solutions" I've seen yet and SPOHR drops like a rock driving past stops to return later.
Amazing.
How does the new driver locate an envelope in the middle of the 7000 shelf?
In our building, new hires get RDO during pre seniority so that they can actually learn.

35years

Gravy route
You guys do realize ORION can be programmed to follow RDO up to 95 percent, don't you?

My RDO and ODO were nearly identical last peak since they knew I would just follow ORION. This was on my route where RDO and ODO are vastly different the rest of the year. The ORION "solution" is not set in stone. There are several solutions possible on any given day.

This peak will be no different. If your management team can't figure out how to program ORION to mirror RDO 95% with a few simple clicks, they deserve the results.

F

Frankie's Friend

You guys do realize ORION can be programmed to follow RDO up to 95 percent, don't you?

My RDO and ODO were nearly identical last peak since they knew I would just follow ORION. This was on my route where RDO and ODO are vastly different the rest of the year. The ORION "solution" is not set in stone. There are several solutions possible on any given day.

This peak will be no different. If your management team can't figure out how to program ORION to mirror RDO 95% with a few simple clicks, they deserve the results.
Our pds reinvents the wheel daily. We have no hope that we will survive peak with this idiot dispatching.

F

Frankie's Friend

How does the new driver locate an envelope in the middle of the 7000 shelf?
In our building, new hires get RDO during pre seniority so that they can actually learn.
They unload the truck from the rear until they find it.
Garbage in garbage out.

WTFm8

I’m thinking about buying a truck bed camper and sleeping in the parking lot during peak and go home on weekends. My building has a shower.

Work 5 14hr days and not have to work Saturdays/Sundays hahaha

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m thinking about buying a truck bed camper and sleeping in the parking lot during peak and go home on weekends. My building has a shower.

Work 5 14hr days and not have to work Saturdays/Sundays hahaha
5 fourteen hour days? Heck, you'd already have a camper on area. Just curl up on the 2000 section. Your loader will wake you up.

F

Frankie's Friend

For me I don’t really care. Yea it’s going to suck but most of my retail will be given to some poor kid off the street in a split with 300 stops that thinks he actually has to follow Orion. We all know it doesn’t work well and it works less during peak. With the stress of peak why make it harder. Here in 804 they can’t force the 6th day even when they are rolling work. I really don’t see the point in making life even harder. How are the kids going to deliver when they don’t even know what’s in the truck?
It may not affect you in 804 if you get your language changed but theyll send every surepost pkg to the post office if they hold volume at peak.
Just another slap in the face for upsers from the NNC in the new National Master.

born2Bwild

I’m guessing they’re looking to run delivery shifts like amazon. One that leaves the building at around 9 or ASAP and second one at around 1 or sooner

tacken

This seems to be a UPS issue not mine. I have a package car .They want to send me out with a 9.5 load ok. Start and come back go home. Sounds great to me!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Coming from the same folks who signed off on ORION, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised...
IMG_2451.JPG

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I disregarded every single one of those mandates handed to me. or worse sent to me thru the DIAD. Told them I was tired of trying to explain to helpers that complained about the hour it took to commute to and from the meet point why I could only keep them for 1.66 hours. The more they interfered with the incessant micromanaging, the more work that everybody just ended up having to bring back.
I've always kept my helpers as long as I needed to. I've never paid a lick of attention to the sheet.