Well , it’s unfortunate.

Shorts365

I never saw anything on my package car that was worth my career.
This 100%. I've never been even slightly tempted even though I'm baffled by the folks who do it and get caught.

On a related note: What do you guys do when the package in the EDD isn't in your truck? I message it in every time. Sometimes they message back "package is loaded on truck, 67 pounds, etc." And I have to be like, "no mam, sorry this empty truck is very empty."

Sixth Punch Sense

This 100%. I've never been even slightly tempted even though I'm baffled by the folks who do it and get caught.

On a related note: What do you guys do when the package in the EDD isn't in your truck? I message it in every time. Sometimes they message back "package is loaded on truck, 67 pounds, etc." And I have to be like, "no mam, sorry this empty truck is very empty."
Not found soft key

JustDeliverIt

Not found soft key

After I do this sometimes I’ll get a message that it’s on my truck. Before I punch out for lunch I go through everything in my truck. I’ll report misloads and just get everything set up. If I still don’t have it we are instructed to call our on car.

That conversation is usually “It says it’s loaded on your truck”. “I don’t have it”. “Ok”. 90% of the time it shows up somewhere else. The other 10%, who cares. Still don’t have it. Have told them to audit my truck when I get back if they still think I have it. No one is ever there.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I worked at a place for a while loading trucks. This black truck driver stole a trailer load of PC's. Guess where they found the empty truck? IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE! They caught HIM trying to sell pallets of PC's to a :censored2:ING PAWN SHOP!!

Several layers of stupidity. His homies all got caught too because they all turned on each other.
422FDB28-7827-4A2C-A1F3-4F14BD3111A1.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It's only cardboard, not mine , the only way I looked at the packages , don't care what's in it , just wanted to deliver it and never see it again , rinse and repeat

DiadesSuk

Wow. Can’t believe he got caught. Louis Vuitton is pretty smart to realize they weren’t getting their packages.
from the IT perspective, companies that deal with high-end products are getting more sophisticated internally than you might think. They know over the years their products are being stolen by logistic providers and people passing by where packages are easily kidnapped. ATT,Verizon,Tmobile, Samsung, Apple, you have to be one dumb :censored2: to attempt to steal any of their packages lol..

DiadesSuk

With all the technologies company has somebody has to be a complete idiot to steal packages
yep. Coming from IT, anyone in those warehouses or handling packages has to be ignorant to even remotely think they will get away with it. You will get caught before you even know you were being looked at. Serious question, do you long term guys have a heart to heart with new guys telling them to not be stupid or just let things work themselves out?

When a package doesnt get to its destination, especially thousands and thousands in purses, LV puts insurance on those things. An investigation is immediately launched and camera footage is being reviewed. They knew within a few days who he was and when he was stealing them. At that point, they're watching him as those packages are entering that hub. 140k in purses, crapy reason to lose a good job and go to rack up some felonies for grand theft lol.

yep. Coming from IT, anyone in those warehouses or handling packages has to be ignorant to even remotely think they will get away with it. You will get caught before you even know you were being looked at. Serious question, do you long term guys have a heart to heart with new guys telling them to not be stupid or just let things work themselves out?

When a package doesnt get to its destination, especially thousands and thousands in purses, LV puts insurance on those things. An investigation is immediately launched and camera footage is being reviewed. They knew within a few days who he was and when he was stealing them. At that point, they're watching him as those packages are entering that hub. 140k in purses, crapy reason to lose a good job and go to rack up some felonies for grand theft lol.
I tell him to act like every moment of the day you're on camera somewhere
Whether you're in the warehouse or out on the route

ManInBrown

from the IT perspective, companies that deal with high-end products are getting more sophisticated internally than you might think. They know over the years their products are being stolen by logistic providers and people passing by where packages are easily kidnapped. ATT,Verizon,Tmobile, Samsung, Apple, you have to be one dumb :censored2: to attempt to steal any of their packages lol..
It was sarcasm

DriverNerd

On a related note: What do you guys do when the package in the EDD isn't in your truck?
Since we're required to send a message every time (working as directed, I am) I write down the service level, address, pal, and tracking number then send in a message with all of that information. It takes a couple minutes but if they're going to require me to send the message I might as well get paid something to do it. I've been told I don't have to send in such a detailed message, but I still do.

UnionStrong

Chuckle

UnionStrong

Lol