WE'RE NOT READY!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh yeah cause you know how hard it is out there pulling 13 s actually working (and not by telling others what to do) everyday dont you don't you Mr sup. You said you were a more laid back laxed sup.... it sounds like it.... a real laxed sup would care about their employees and not the problem (their own numbers)... is it that hard to think about anyone other than yourself and your numbers? Maybe you should look for a new line of work lol.

Wut?

noahgw92

Oh yeah cause you know how hard it is out there pulling 13 s actually working (and not by telling others what to do) everyday dont you don't you Mr sup. You said you were a more laid back, laxed sup.... it sounds like it.... a real laxed sup would care about their employees and not the problem (their own numbers)... is it that hard to think about anyone other than yourself and your numbers? Maybe you should look for a new line of work lol.

Idk if you read around on these forms or not but he was saying he was a more laxed, laid back type of supervisor on another fourm....

BrownThunder

I said to myself "well, at least the Amazon rush will calm down after Monday's prime orders get delivered wednesday and friday".

logs onto amazon.com

cyber monday deals week!?!?!?

F_CKIN A!!!!!!!!!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Plenty of drivers in my building. The issue is there is nowhere to load trucks now.

Nobody saw this level of volume coming.
Please, please,please! Doesn't anybody at this company learn from history? Please refer to the Bloomberg article dated 12/26/13. And yes the weather can be bad too. This is December in the Northern Hemisphere, is it not? Old saying still stands true today, those whom do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because this is in there "methods". Last Friday they loaded a known closed 30 pc bulk stop on my car. Until I delivered this stop, nothing else was getting done because these 30 boxes were blocking everything on the shelves front to back.

Pull into parking lot and had to wait for an air driver to come and get them because the pkgs had to be sheeted at the stop. Because they were nda. All air must be attempted. Same with ground stops. We were told you better be at that location when we stop complete.

My post was made on the assumption that the missed were going to be ground packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I said to myself "well, at least the Amazon rush will calm down after Monday's prime orders get delivered wednesday and friday".

logs onto amazon.com

cyber monday deals week!?!?!?

F_CKIN A!!!!!!!!!

The majority of the "deals" are crap that they are trying to get rid of.

Today should be a bit lighter as the bulk of the Cyber Monday volume has been processed and delivered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please, please,please! Doesn't anybody at this company learn from history? Please refer to the Bloomberg article dated 12/26/13. And yes the weather can be bad too. This is December in the Northern Hemisphere, is it not? Old saying still stands true today, those whom do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it!

Long range forecasts are saying El Nino should take care of us throughout Peak.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The majority of the "deals" are crap that they are trying to get rid of.

Today should be a bit lighter as the bulk of the Cyber Monday volume has been processed and delivered.
Umm no it hasn't. What are you basing this on? I ordered things on Monday for the wife from Nordstrom , Kate spade and ATT, all ship ups. Some still hasn't been even processed yet.

Where do you get all this exclusive peak information? Because you've been wrong on many of your statements.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PDS posts a weekly volume projection on the bulletin board near the office. It showed the spike for T-W-T and the slight slowdown for today. Nothing "exclusive" about this information.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah that pertains to the BOG, not the rest of the country or the ups network. You act like your center numbers reflect everywhere.

It doesn't.

BrownThunder

all I know is I delivered packages today that had 3&4 PAL labels stacked on top of each other or sharpied out elsewhere.

felt good to finally get em' home, but that quickly went away when I returned to the hub only to rip off or sharpie out PAL labels for stuff I didn't have enough DOT hours to make service on.

would have stayed out until 2am if need be to make sure those boxes never saw the hub again.

oh well...

noahgw92

I heard our hub already has 200,000 missed packages already.

They are deturmed to take away all the little free time we get. They were sending messages today saying if your out of hours you will be used as a helper... That's a slap in the face if I have ever seen one. We get punished for other people's mistakes (the supervisors trying to make a name for them selfs) , yup sounds like UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard our hub already has 200,000 missed packages already.

They are deturmed to take away all the little free time we get. They were sending messages today saying if your out of hours you will be used as a helper... That's a slap in the face if I have ever seen one. We get punished for other people's mistakes (the supervisors trying to make a name for them selfs) , yup sounds like UPS.

$50/hr to sit in the jump seat? Yes please!

Tough Guy

All those projections don't mean a thing when a center isn't prepared to process the volume and ends up with mountains of missed packages.

Yeah there was all this talk of "working closely" with shippers to better project volume. But it all funnels down to how many boots you have on the ground. They resolved to only hire X amount of drivers but even if the "projections" we're double what they expected, they still only have X amount of drivers to disperse the work to.