Western Pennsylvania Pension Cuts

Inthegame

There were cuts proposed for Central States after MPRA was attached to the Omnibus spending bill in the 11th hour in 2014.

The Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014

Those proposed cuts were denied by the Treasury Department, not a "membership vote".
Perhaps that is what you are trying to recall?
And the irony is the Treasury dept denied the proposal as insufficient to save the CSPF. So without forcing the CSPF to submit another more drastic reduction, the plan stands even less chance of survival.
And the clock ticks as Congress ignores these very real issues.

Inthegame

Good to see the union is not discriminating against the current membership they also do the same thing to retired Teamsters as well.
That's just nonsense.
The terms and conditions allowing for benefit reductions in order for underfunded Pension plans to survive were passed by Congress, not the "union".
Do you really think anyone in any union leadership position anywhere sees benefit cuts as a positive?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And the irony is the Treasury dept denied the proposal as insufficient to save the CSPF. So without forcing the CSPF to submit another more drastic reduction, the plan stands even less chance of survival.
And the clock ticks as Congress ignores these very real issues.
....and it was celebrated by many as a win???

SMH

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
That's just nonsense.
The terms and conditions allowing for benefit reductions in order for underfunded Pension plans to survive were passed by Congress, not the "union".
Do you really think anyone in any union leadership position anywhere sees benefit cuts as a positive?
I'm sure the union didn't stand in the way of this happening! What measures were taken by the union to preserve the fund?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
That's just nonsense.
If anything has to do with imposing anything Hoffa cant be to far away with his hand in the cookie jar, I really wouldn't put it past them after the recent events.