What’s the wear and tear on average UPS driver?

RolloTony Brown Town

Every route and truck is different.

The amount of weight you move, steps you take, how hard it is to close the bulkhead door. It’s different for every driver between routes, truck, building, etc. no 2 are exactly alike.

I’ve seen drivers that were out of shape, did everything the “wrong” way and never get hurt or had an accident. Then the driver that follows all of the methods can’t stop getting hurt.

Package delivery puts a lot of wear and tear on the body.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You should be more concerned with liver function on some of these guys.
cirrhosis.jpg

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.
Well have co worker that he can't have sex with his wife do to too much overtime, yes the pressure is of him because his wife is 10 years younger than him , so the only studies he can think is about ,how to fixed his married, I guess the long repetitive motions and long hours o maybe his hormones are low.

542thruNthru

Well have co worker that he can't have sex with his wife do to too much overtime, yes the pressure is of him because his wife is 10 years younger than him , so the only studies he can think is about ,how to fixed his married, I guess the long repetitive motions and long hours o maybe his hormones are low.

tumblr_n8u7ceLGin1rhavdko1_250.gif

The Driver

I drive.

This job can definitely temporarily kill the libido...

bddaddy

Both rotator cuffs, both job related and workers comp. Back sore all the time. They're going to roll me out of here in a wheel chair

Indecisi0n

Both rotator cuffs, both job related and workers comp. Back sore all the time. They're going to roll me out of here in a wheel chair
This will be most new drivers . With the work they are pushing it's almost impossible to leave this place after 20+ years in one piece.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Sprained ankles and minor pains come and go, that's after 8 years of driving. I walk 8 miles a day on a city route and move 500 to 600 packages a day this includes pick ups and deliveries. I have been around long enough to see multiple people have shoulder, knee and back surgeries ranging from old to middle age. So to answer your question you will know your doctor on a first name basis at some point in your career.

Days

Sprained ankles and minor pains come and go, that's after 8 years of driving. I walk 8 miles a day on a city route and move 500 to 600 packages a day this includes pick ups and deliveries. I have been around long enough to see multiple people have shoulder, knee and back surgeries ranging from old to middle age. So to answer your question you will know your doctor on a first name basis at some point in your career.

Where does most of the pain come from if I may ask? Is it getting out of the truck or picking heavy objects off the ground?

BigBrown87

Where does most of the pain come from if I may ask? Is it getting out of the truck or picking heavy objects off the ground?
Usually occurs after work, tightening in the elbows and shoulders. Like I said just annoying discomfort that goes away after a little while nothing serious.

Days

Usually occurs after work, tightening in the elbows and shoulders. Like I said just annoying discomfort that goes away after a little while nothing serious.

I get this in my lower back or the side of my back but I’m not a driver. I get occasional wrist pain but it comes in spurs like few times a year. I try to work as safely as possible and still get some pain

BigBrown87

I get this in my lower back or the side of my back but I’m not a driver. I get occasional wrist pain but it comes in spurs like few times a year. I try to work as safely as possible and still get some pain
It is normal to over exert your muscles and joints while lifting and lowering safely, I cant imagine some of these old timers and how they must feel after 30 years of doing this :censored2:. But fortunately I still feel good and try to do my best while staying safe and not seriously hurting myself but soreness happens when doing a physical job.