What’s the wear and tear on average UPS driver?

UrFellowUpser

Im in my third year so far and can tell i might have knee problems somewhere down the line. I workout 5 days a week to try to stay in peak physical shape for this job, but something tells me that still wont divert some of the pains and injuries that i will incur. It doesn't matter how much i deadlift or bench press these packages and bulk stops be kicking my ass.

Im in my third year so far and can tell i might have knee problems somewhere down the line. I workout 5 days a week to try to stay in peak physical shape for this job, but something tells me that still wont divert some of the pains and injuries that i will incur. It doesn't matter how much i deadlift or bench press these packages and bulk stops be kicking my ass.
Good footwear and don't muscle the packages

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well have co worker that he can't have sex with his wife do to too much overtime, yes the pressure is of him because his wife is 10 years younger than him , so the only studies he can think is about ,how to fixed his married, I guess the long repetitive motions and long hours o maybe his hormones are low.

How hot is she?

Driver7906

If you’re lifting heavy at the gym, doing that plus delivering packages is torture on your joints.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How hot is she?
5F8359A6-DA64-40BC-B3EC-71FDB29BB5DB.jpeg
Take your pick.....lol
5F8359A6-DA64-40BC-B3EC-71FDB29BB5DB.jpeg
21378F91-946D-45AA-B22C-3EF4DBC7A6B1.jpeg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
"It doesn't matter how much i deadlift or bench press these packages and bulk stops be kicking my ass."

Trying to gain size is not smart!

You are in a marathon, not a sprint! How many marathon runners have you seen with muscle mass?

Put it this way: Every step down results in a force of 3x's your body weight straight into your ankles, knees, hips then low back! How many times do you step down out of your truck a day (never mind the added weight of the package you are carrying.) Multiply that by 5 days a week, 49 weeks a year and X amount of years you are able to do the job.

Change to objective of your workouts.

Dumbo

Marathon runners are actually extremely unhealthy. Study after study have proven the catabolic properties of steady state cardio in excess.

It's actually smart to lift weights outside of our job. I am educated in this area and founded and sold a successful private gym.

As drivers, we primarily use our low back, legs and biceps in a repetitive motion all day creating overuse injuries and muscle imbalances. The smart thing to do, and what I do, is 2 full body workouts per week with maybe a little more emphasis in chest, triceps, and upper back . Lifting in a 10 rep range area close to failure will actually help build muscle, which will cushion your joints and allow you to work in this job longer. Weight lifting strengthens not only your muscles but tendons. This will actually prevent damage to your joints.

Continuing to do this job without weight lifting will eventually break down muscle tissue, create major muscle imbalances, and cause more injury. Muscle imbalances cause disruptions in your kinetic chain which put more stress in other areas of your spine.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
After 34 years on a package car my body is done. Delivering downtown my first 10 years or so was the worst. A lot better once I was able to bid an extended area. Lots of windshield time instead of delivery time.

Went 30 years without anything major happening. Knee surgery in 2015, ankle surgery in 2016. Another knee surgery on other knee in early 2018. Then reinjured knee and ankle late in 2018 and had surgery again on both. Five surgeries in three years and workmans comp tried to drag their feet on each one hoping I would quit or go back to work.

Only good thing to come out of it was I retired one year sooner than planned and was able to start collecting disability.