What’s the wear and tear on average UPS driver?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
giphy.gif

@Indecisi0n that you in the background?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Rural route has it's advantages... more windshield time vs wear n tear of the body

_20190323_185952.JPG

Here's my weekly stats from my Garmin GPS unit... done early on Saturday but clocked 184 miles before heading home (add 20 miles to that)

After traveling thru some dusty roads, I look like this though...

peanuts-pig-pen-gif-5.gif

And have to sweep out the cargo area daily.

I'm not hourly on the eggplant side, but I'm also not tired or beaten after running 200 miles/day

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Rural route has it's advantages... more windshield time vs wear n tear of the body

View attachment 242218

Here's my weekly stats from my Garmin GPS unit... done early on Saturday but clocked 184 miles before heading home (add 20 miles to that)

After traveling thru some dusty roads, I look like this though...

peanuts-pig-pen-gif-5.gif

And have to sweep out the cargo area daily.

I'm not hourly on the eggplant side, but I'm also not tired or beaten after running 200 miles/day
Max speed 85 mph??? Wtf man??? You know you are paid by the hour... right!!

Re-Raise

Squat

I dont eat enough calories for muscle gain if anything I've been losing weight which has been my goal. I lost 65 pounds since last year i was a bit on the heavy side. I do 3 sets of 10 but in fast explosive bursts I can lift more but i choose not to. I do alot of elliptical and the stairmaster which i like burpees and pullups.
You have lost 65 pounds in a year!?! That sounds a lot more life changing than any workout.

Take it from someone who has done this for 33yrs. Staying at a healthy weight will protect your back and knees a lot more than doing some reps in a gym after work.

EFA926DF-E22F-484A-A740-F44ECA33496C.jpeg

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.
Tree fitty

JL 0513

Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.

This is me after 12 years at UPS...

15fe71573ebac8cb5fae86bbbce09d2f.jpg