What’s the wear and tear on average UPS driver?

UrFellowUpser

This!!

Haha I had some paper boxes I tried to deadlift off the ground. It sucked
Squat
How many reps? anything less than 15-20 is for strength and size, not for endurance. You are in an endurance game, not a "he-man" competition!

Please, reevaluate your goals and adjust accordingly!
I dont eat enough calories for muscle gain if anything I've been losing weight which has been my goal. I lost 65 pounds since last year i was a bit on the heavy side. I do 3 sets of 10 but in fast explosive bursts I can lift more but i choose not to. I do alot of elliptical and the stairmaster which i like burpees and pullups.

Days

Squat

I dont eat enough calories for muscle gain if anything I've been losing weight which has been my goal. I lost 65 pounds since last year i was a bit on the heavy side. I do 3 sets of 10 but in fast explosive bursts I can lift more but i choose not to. I do alot of elliptical and the stairmaster which i like burpees and pullups.

Losing weight is for sell outs. Gotta get big

UrFellowUpser

Losing weight is for sell outs. Gotta get big
Well i was kind of fat and i was worried about my blood pressure. So thats why i lost some weight and started doing some cardio workouts that got my heart rate to 145 to 155 bpm for 45mins and changed my eating habits

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Fitbit says I walk 10-12 miles a day on a residential route, I don't think that's totally accurate. But climbing out of a package car for 34-35 years 150-160 times a day does cause a lot of repetitive wear on my body. I try to eat right and take care of myself the best I can, I've seen too many driver's limping out of the building at the end of the day. At this point, I feel like I am gambling on picking a retirement date. I feel fine and I like making a paycheck with a comma in it. Work smart and use your common sense is the best advice that I can give,

UrFellowUpser

My Fitbit says I walk 10-12 miles a day on a residential route, I don't think that's totally accurate. But climbing out of a package car for 34-35 years 150-160 times a day does cause a lot of repetitive wear on my body. I try to eat right and take care of myself the best I can, I've seen too many driver's limping out of the building at the end of the day. At this point, I feel like I am gambling on picking a retirement date. I feel fine and I like making a paycheck with a comma in it. Work smart and use your common sense is the best advice that I can give,
My fitbit tells me i doing 30000 steps a day average. I dont know how many miles that equate too. Still figuring out this thing i had it almost a month

IESucks

Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.
You must be new, ups has no interest in how the job affects you.

Future

Victory Ride
Mind your own :censored2:ing business
41A0DDD7-6012-47B9-A18B-23CBB292B776.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My fitbit tells me i doing 30000 steps a day average. I dont know how many miles that equate too. Still figuring out this thing i had it almost a month
You just need to tap it to show the miles. Mine goes Time and Date, tap once again for Steps, tap again for Blood Pressure, again for resting Heart Beat (I think), tap for Milage, Calories, and then Alarm Clock. I use the Alarm to wake up, I only take my Alta HR off when I shower or swim.

WTFm8

A lot of people that work here are a bit dramatic about it. I feel like cleaning is harder work because usually I’m sweating bullets just doing laundry but I can go a whole day without sweating at all at UPS.

UPS is more mental and emotional endurance than physical imho.

You’re not moving with a purpose and chatting up customers too much if you’ve never sweat.

Indecisi0n

I don't workout to gain size i do a combination of weight and cardio training. I workout to get ripped and lean and just be in overall good physical shape.
A lot of people on here make these claims which is why we require provocative selfies whenever a member says things like this....

Indecisi0n

How many reps? anything less than 15-20 is for strength and size, not for endurance. You are in an endurance game, not a "he-man" competition!

Please, reevaluate your goals and adjust accordingly!
15-20 for strength? You smoking crack?
1-5 reps for strength
6-+ for hypertrophy

Of course this is very personal as everyone's body is different . Higher reps will also build muscle endurance.