What’s the wear and tear on average UPS driver?

A.Spooner

Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Just curious if anyone has information about what happens to a drivers body daily in regards to ergonomics, average distance walked, average amount of weight carried, pounds of pressure on specific joints? What amount of force it takes to close bulkhead door, rear door, etc. I know every route is different, so there isn’t a one size fits all answer, but just curious if anyone has data or statistics. I’m sure UPS does all kinds of studies on this. Just want to know how certain repetitive motions effect your body and what happens long term.
@Future gots problems pooping from driving so much and sitting

Days

A lot of people that work here are a bit dramatic about it. I feel like cleaning is harder work because usually I’m sweating bullets just doing laundry but I can go a whole day without sweating at all at UPS.

UPS is more mental and emotional endurance than physical imho.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Depends on the route. Some drive all day, some unload a lot of bulk, some do 200 plus stops per day. Each is different.

rod

Retired 22 years
My liver took a dirty beating in my working days. Other than that if you aren't a runner gunner you should survive ok.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As long as you contact @BakerMayfield2018 for your roids and hgh you should be fine.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Because they are only working three days a week, just like @Future

I love telling them I have been doing this longer than you been alive.
Wdfd... weren’t you in this picture about year 10 of working here???
A311C434-EB0C-4927-8847-6D3DB9F245BA.jpeg
90F5BA15-22F9-4BB7-9FC3-6AC8CBA87D65.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like you’re fishing for a class action.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You should be more concerned with liver function on some of these guys.