What do you do with your "bottle" at the end of the day

vvv

The fact that you said there are plenty of public bathrooms out there. That is not factual. Therefore I concluded that you were inexperienced. Even if you had only done 40 routes you would see that.
U r right , never came close to doing 40 routes......have never done half that admittedly in all these years. Because they know they would simply get hammered putting me on various runs. I never tried to conquer so many routes so I can be used as a pawn at their discretion going out blind, no thanks. Some guys took some sort of bravado with themselves "knowing so much" and being able to handle different areas. I loved those guys even though I thought they were the biggest fools. They had more seniority then me back then but always got forced onto crap routes or sent blind because the bosses knew I would piss down my leg out there.

Right now in my entire building I know exactly ONE route.......MINE!! No joke

km3

I'm a big meanie with the oncar sup over this issue.

What do you do? I'm being exposed to these more frequently than ever, and I've been trying to figure out what I should do.

Not going near or touching the car or its contents until hazmat cleans it up (45 minute delay in "production," easy) is the best I could come up with so far.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've been puling the car off line and refusing to work on them for required work until they are cleaned of the offending items. It means a one day loss of the car when they respect the red tag placed on the car.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I bought my condo, in part, so that I would have a clean bathroom to use. (I live on my route)
U r right , never came close to doing 40 routes......have never done half that admittedly in all these years. Because they know they would simply get hammered putting me on various runs. I never tried to conquer so many routes so I can be used as a pawn at their discretion going out blind, no thanks. Some guys took some sort of bravado with themselves "knowing so much" and being able to handle different areas. I loved those guys even though I thought they were the biggest fools. They had more seniority then me back then but always got forced onto crap routes or sent blind because the bosses knew I would piss down my leg out there.

I think you used to work next to me

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

You seem like a real hard worker and an ideal loopmate...
IMG_1994.JPG

35years

Gravy route
I have seen a dozen or so piss bottles in the trash before....I think this is becoming an issue and we need to get language in the contract to state that we can go off area to use the restroom... Orion this is getting ridiculous....
No language needed.
It is covered by OSHA regulations, see below.

Basically you can go off area to the nearest public restroom immediately when you feel the urge. According to District court findings up to 15 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to spend in the bathroom. Also, bathroom breaks are compensated time (not off the clock).

Of course if you are abusing the rules you are not covered. A poster here on the Brown Cafe was fired because he extended his break by going to the restroom after his break time was up, and before he did another stop. That was a just firing.

04/06/1998 - Interpretation of 29 CFR 1910.141(c)(1)(i): Toilet Facilities | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
"The quoted provision of the standard is followed immediately by a paragraph stating that the toilet provision does not apply to mobile work crews or to locations that are normally unattended, "provided the employees working at these locations have transportation immediately available to nearby toilet facilities which meet the other requirements" of the standard (29 CFR 1910.141(c)(1)(ii) (emphasis supplied). Thus employees who are members of mobile crews, or who work at normally unattended locations must be able to leave their work location "immediately" for a "nearby" toilet facility. This provision was obviously intended to provide these employees with protection equivalent to that the general provision provides to to employees at fixed worksites. Read together, the two provisions make clear that all employees must have prompt access to toilet facilities."

vvv

You, used to have a slug that would schluff work off anyway he could
Anyway to get thru each day. Not looking to be the team hero. No doubt I'm looking to do as little as possible as that's all they deserve.
Doesn't bother me one bit.

Indecisi0n

Most package cars have drainage holes in the rear corners of the truck. Just pee into that corner and it will all go bye bye.

If a customer says "your truck is leaking " just tell that customer it's the AC condensation.

Last edited:

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm actually really bad about this. I sweat a lot so I drink a ton. First half of the day is no issue because it's all business, but other half is all resi, so I fill up some bottles. Been talked to twice about it. First time the unloader got slightly sprayed cause he dropped a box on a bottle. Center manager said "why in the hell can you not just throw them away when you get back to the building." In which I replied, "I honestly forget. I'm so worried about clocking out as quick as I can so you won't sent me back out for 40 more stops, so I pull my air and sneak out." Now I just bring a cup so I have to dump it as soon as I pee.

Dr.Brownz

Ok so here is the issue that hasn't been broached yet and will induce a firestorm of debate:

Where is the proper place to dump the pee bottle? If you dump it it is going in the street and that is an environmental hazard or are you fulling full bottles of piss into garbage cans at your business stops? What is going on in the world of piss? Maybe we can start collecting the piss and using it for something, we could ship it around.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Most package cars have drainage holes in the rear corners of the truck. Just pee into that corner and it will all go bye bye.

If a customer says "your truck is leaking " just tell that customer it's the AC condensation.
Most of those holes are blocked with Styrofoam, dirt, crayon chunks and missing furniture hardware.