What do you expect knocking on people's doors at 1045pm

Overpaid Union Thug

So, I have already heard of quite a few drivers in my hub having people answer their doors with a gun in hand, some with a gun pointed at them. Ups management seems to think it's acceptable to have us deliverig at 11pm

Honestly I have done the same to a pizza guy Who came to my house on accident.

Anybody on here have it happen to them yet?
If you guys are routinely staying out that late then that means your center has a crappy plan for Peak. On average the drivers in my center have been getting in two hours earlier than that every since the peak debacle three years ago. Yes, there is a few late days here and there but I'm talking about averages here.

Here the problem, as it has been for the last 100 years, continues to be that UPS always seems to forget that peak season is coming. The first couple days after Black Friday are always a mess as a result

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you guys are routinely staying out that late then that means your center has a crappy plan for Peak. On average the drivers in my center have been getting in two hours earlier than that every since the peak debacle three years ago. Yes, there is a few late days here and there but I'm talking about averages here.

Here the problem, as it has been for the last 100 years, continues to be that UPS always seems to forget that peak season is coming. The first couple days after Black Friday are always a mess as a result
The company hasn't adjusted their plan to reflect the early volume spikes. Used to there was a pretty steady line up in volume from thanksgiving til the 18-20th of December. Then a drop off.

Now in many places there are huge volume swings from one day to the next. With the week after Black Friday matching peak week volume wise.

Dr.Brownz

Hard to blame the customers really. Hell, if someone knocks on my door at 10:45 and I'm not expecting them then I'm bringing my Glock downstairs with me too.

This is the world we live in now.

Look out the window. If you feel you are in so much danger you need a gun you shouldn't open the door. You are mentally challenged if you do that. I shoot guns all the time but that is just idiocy.

If a customer points a gun at me or makes even the slightest threat or insinuation of violence they get to pick there :censored2: up every day from now on. Dudebro or whatever that management stooges name got it right for once in his life (but still failed to acknowledge it is ups' s fault)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

Anybody here who would knock at effing 10:45 PM and not be ready for a fight if they heard tapping/knocking/banging on their own door from an unknown source at that time?
Id look out the window and see who it is. Yeah id be pissed but bringing a gun to the door when you see it is the ups guy is a threat so they can go to hell.

jaker

trolling
I would have my wife answer the door with just me out of site with a gun

But really no matter what 10pm is too late , by that time I Am in bed and you come knocking

You can still knock around 8 because most are still up , by 9 you should only knock if you see movement after 930 give it up

542thruNthru

I would have my wife answer the door with just me out of site with a gun

But really no matter what 10pm is too late , by that time I Am in bed and you come knocking

You can still knock around 8 because most are still up , by 9 you should only knock if you see movement after 930 give it up

Uh... I wouldn't want my wife anywhere near the door.

To many things can happen. Who's to say he just doesn't shoot the first person that opens the door. He could also grab her and keep her close now he has a shield and hostage.

jaker

trolling
Uh... I wouldn't want my wife anywhere near the door.

To many things can happen. Who's to say he just doesn't shoot the first person that opens the door. He could also grab her and keep her close now he has a shield and hostage.
Granted , but with all those it doesn't matter if it was a man

He could shoot me and do whatever to my wife and family , he could grab me and hold me hostage and do things to my wife and family

542thruNthru

Granted , but with all those it doesn't matter if it was a man

He could shoot me and do whatever to my wife and family , he could grab me and hold me hostage and do things to my wife and family

Agree. I guess the reason is I'd rather my wife have a chance to get away.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The problem is people like you who think it's acceptable to point a gun at someone just because they knock on their door.

In some parts of south Florida including Miami, this happens more than you would think. There are some neighborhoods you just shouldn't be in after dark in some places

Faceplanted

Ya bacause ups trucks especially during peak park directly in front of your house right?

Look out and see a sketchy guy with a vest on.

No truck no uniform... smells like crime

jaker

trolling
Agree. I guess the reason is I'd rather my wife have a chance to get away.
Oh believe me when I say out of site doesn't mean there isn't a gun pointed at that person until I know what the situation is

My wife knows to drop to ground if anything becomes a threat in that situation

If anybody actually comes in the house she knows to get out the window and my boys know to go out the window and to meet on the side of the house and had to the street

Faceplanted

In some parts of south Florida including Miami, this happens more than you would think. There are some neighborhoods you just shouldn't be in after dark in some places
I was walking down 3rd Ave at night after an event cpl weeks ago and I was 80% sure I was gonna get robbed

Just 2 blocks from Miami Ave in wynwood and your right in the middle of one of the worst hoods in the USA