What do you expect Xmas eve?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told to be back at the building and clocked out by 8PM regardless if we were through or not. I was surprised that all of the full-time management team was still in the building, that was an old tradition from years past.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
179 stops, 250 miles. Punched out at 7:30. 5 hour helper, one air meet at 3 that added 1 1/2 hours to my day. I believe our building is clean going into Thursday. Still drinking beer at 1:25am. Worst peak out of 26.

oldngray

nowhere special
You'll be giving out maple syrup when ginger cat opens up your bark!
CAT-POST.jpg

Z

ZQXC

We were told to be back at the building and clocked out by 8PM regardless if we were through or not. I was surprised that all of the full-time management team was still in the building, that was an old tradition from years past.

Was there a lot of back slapping and high fiving, or just a brief announcement that all routes would be in on Thursday?

tiredofhelping

My Christmas Eve: Started at 9:00 had 110 off at 1:00 only to pickup 30 more at the air meet. Fought my load all day. My only saving grace was a good helper...so glad it's over. Happy holidays everyone.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1387969534.960130.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Punched out at 1128 pm last night. Violated the DOT 14 hour rule by 20 minutes. Got my area delivered but my loop buddy will miss about 20 stops. At least I didn't have to go to the inlaws last night.
Everybody felt sorry for the UPS guy last night with much food, drink and gifts given out to lessen the pain.
Hoping to be suspended the rest of the week for the DOT violation but not holding my breath. All of our routes are scheduled to work Thursday.
Merry Christmas every one! Think I shall sleep most of the day.

BrownArmy

Punched out at 2130 - 417 stops, 700 pieces, two different helpers, had to return to the building for my 7's and 8's.

My center didn't even crack open the late air trailers; I think we had no room to process the work. Sad for the customers, really.

We're totally screwed for Thursday.

Merry Christmas all, enjoy the day!

MassWineGuy

Wow, Army. That is a whole lot of stops. Our center got the airs out to the drivers in the early afternoon. We were killing our route until then. And later, the center's shop steward foisted 40 of his stops on to us. I think the guy's a lazy POS takiing advantage of his position, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, a total of about 340 stops for a 12 hour shift. Code 5, of course. "Nobody goes home until everybody goes home," is what our center manager told us.

Throughout the evening messages were streaming into the board seeking people who wanted to come in at 3 am Thursday to sort.

Hey everyone __ drivers, helpers, sorters, loaders, etc. __ have a GREAT and above all, relaxing day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, Army. That is a whole lot of stops. Our center got the airs out to the drivers in the early afternoon. We were killing our route until then. And later, the center's shop steward foisted 40 of his stops on to us. I think the guy's a lazy POS takiing advantage of his position, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, a total of about 340 stops for a 12 hour shift. Code 5, of course.

A shop steward does not have the authority to do this.

Johney

Your Code 05 went out the door once you passed the 8 hour mark----a lunch will be automatically deducted from your paid day.
Not unless he signs off on it it won't. After that California lunch thing a few years ago if we forget to put in even 1 minute of our lunch we must sign off that we did in fact take all of it before it can be corrected.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not unless he signs off on it it won't. After that California lunch thing a few years ago if we forget to put in even 1 minute of our lunch we must sign off that we did in fact take all of it before it can be corrected.

Our center manager told us that we could work for hours yesterday but that if we went over 8 they would take our full lunch from our paid day.