What do you expect Xmas eve?

bouns whore

405 stops... got done at 840... 0 missed 4 send agains..everbody got there stuff.... hope santa gets his ass in gear for 2014... Great job everyone who works for ups..Cant wait till the amazon gift cards get redeemed next week...Merry Christmas..

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a 4 and 7 year old. Would love to be there. Know I wont be. :(
I was right. Was dispatched with more stops than had all peak. And had to drive way off area to an air meet to get an extra 30 stops in areas allready been to. Skipped breaks one minute lunch still didn't make it to Christmas eve till after 9 30

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was right. Was dispatched with more stops than had all peak. And had to drive way off area to an air meet to get an extra 30 stops in areas allready been to. Skipped breaks one minute lunch still didn't make it to Christmas eve till after 9 30
Delivered to many families having their Xmas eve dinners. Many of them told me sorry I had to be out so late. I so wanted to say "well if you had ordered your :censored2: a few weeks ago I wouldn't be."

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was a busy day. We had two drivers retire this morning. The Division Manager shined a driver's shoes during the PCM on a bet he lost. The driver had 351 stops the day before, which was a record. My third golf cart helper pulled a no-call/no show. I got through with my route and I delivered half of that mess and I clocked out with 240 stops at 7:30. My Helper (number 10) agreed to stay with me to clean the mess up and I gave him a good tip for the season.

helpertipsecuredownload (1).jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Same here, nothing to get to. Im just conditioned to that.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I am counting myself lucky. 10 hour day with my helper for 9 hours. Option holidays for Thursday, Friday and Monday. Have volunteered for Christmas Day if they'd need anybody at double time. All drivers have to work Thursday.

over9five

Staff member
I am counting myself lucky. 10 hour day with my helper for 9 hours. Option holidays for Thursday, Friday and Monday. Have volunteered for Christmas Day if they'd need anybody at double time. All drivers have to work Thursday.
Wish I could work Christmas Day. Have no Christmas spirit for what I must do tomorrow. Hell, I'll do it for straight time.
They'd have to give me the old DIAD tho, I've never used the new one.

Marne Vet

You must work in my hub. Same thing happened to us. I was thrilled to get almost 50 stops that were all in the area I had already finished, and most of them were dups. Oh, and having my labia majora of a helper quit on me was icing on the cake. Great day. Did I mention having to run the misleads all over the map too? Perfecto!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You must work in my hub. Same thing happened to us. I was thrilled to get almost 50 stops that were all in the area I had already finished, and most of them were dups. Oh, and having my labia majora of a helper quit on me was icing on the cake. Great day. Did I mention having to run the misleads all over the map too? Perfecto!
My helper tried to quit...... Twice. First time he told me his "parents" texted him and were pissed and he might have to be home for dinner.... I hold him"that's life" and turned up radio and drove to next stop..... Then after air meet told me he had to " be home in time for church" I just ignored it and kept on keepin on.

Marne Vet

My helper tried to quit...... Twice. First time he told me his "parents" texted him and were pissed and he might have to be home for dinner.... I hold him"that's life" and turned up radio and drove to next stop..... Then after air meet told me he had to " be home in time for church" I just ignored it and kept on keepin on.

Yeah, my center manager told me to handicap him as long as possible. I delayed the inevitable for an hour and a half. What a dope. I had $50 for him, plus he was working with me Thursday and Friday, and most likely all of next week! Now he'll be looking for a job. smh

upsman68

I was doing great and about 6:45 I got 40 more air stops spread all over my area. I just finished my stops in EDD and went old school and ran them without EDD. I worked 12 hours today

gingerkat

At 4:00 driver gets message that trucks need to meet at relay for "late next day air", which was about 20. I tell driver not to worry I'll help until he's finished. About 40 stops left at 19:00 this message comes in "stop all deliveries NOW! Use holiday, return to center quickly to finish paperwork".

Driver is not happy as he knows Thursday will be nuts when commercial pick ups resume. He really wanted to finish the route since he's been doing it for 16 years and knows many people are waiting.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At 4:00 driver gets message that trucks need to meet at relay for "late next day air", which was about 20. I tell driver not to worry I'll help until he's finished. About 40 stops left at 19:00 this message comes in "stop all deliveries NOW! Use holiday, return to center quickly to finish paperwork".

Driver is not happy as he knows Thursday will be nuts when commercial pick ups resume. He really wanted to finish the route since he's been doing it for 16 years and knows many people are waiting.

STFU sheet everything as closed holiday? At 7pm? No way.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nice dodge.
For it's creativity sake, I'm leaving it alone!

gingerkat

Totally happened, my driver took a picture for proof. Last year he and others were out until about 10pm or past. He and I were speculating that something really odd was happening. We were so close to finishing, as others, but the message came across twice.