What do you want in 2013 contract ?

brown_trousers

starting with the 2013 contract, every full-time driver should be put on the 9.5 list by default.

Then there should be an opt-out list for people who want more hours.

feeder

Central Pa Member
All former Part Timers, (currently Full Time Now) who were part time cover PKG Car Drivers, who also went through complete progression, I would like to see their full time senority reset to the day they stepped foot in a pkg car.

Floyd Gondolli

On misloads, it's a safety issue as much as it is sweeping the problem under the rug so higher management won't be forced to find a real solution. Safetywise, area knowledge is extremely important. Example; they once sent a coworker of mine out to deliver a misload on my route in the winter. If he'd fell for the nice dry roads you start out on, he'd have been backing uphill, in the dark, on a windy road for approximately half a mile to get back out. Otherwise ice would have dumped him in the ditch and they'd still be trying to figure out how to get his p1000 out. Extreme, yes, but no worse that trying to find a house number in the dark in an area you don't know.
I do believe top-rate should fluctuate around the country based on this example above. A driver should make more in the mid-west or east coast delivering in a snow-storm than myself delivering in the So-Cal rain same time of the year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hazard pay I like it anything over 6 inches double time over a foot triple time lol. Oh wait I forgot we are professionals we should run scratch on solid ice roads. I sheeted a lot of packages missed this year after snow storms. I told them they are not EC I could of gotten them off had a been given a light enough load to have time!!!

yeldarb

Weather is something we signed up for as part of this job. 30.00 an hour is for the snow. When the weather is nice, thats where we are getting the deal.

All FT on 9.5 list w/opt Out option. Elimination of PT cover driver, as it hinders FT hiring. FT jobs!! Definitely no two tier wage syst. Matching 401k would be a +. 8yrs in and still waiting for FT.

MNY, you are right. I would not want any FT driver to opt. out, I would much rather have them all go into the 9.5 permanently but I realize that is a bit of a stretch. I take your point that with UPS if you want $5 you gotta ask for $10.

Floyd Gondolli

100% disagree with this.
Why? It's to your benefit. If your in Syracuse/Albany or those whereabouts and delivering in the snow and ice and i'm in sunny Los Angeles delivering on a sunny day the same time of year, who's job is more dangerous? Not mine. Yes, cost of living is higher here...........so! Earthquakes? Overrated. We have had 2 so called major earthquakes in the last 25 years. Whittier in 1987 and Northridge in 1994. You get blasted with crappy weather, what? 4 months out of the year EVERY YEAR. Drivers here would run to the Home Depot for a job there. We are spoiled.

yeldarb

All FT on 9.5 list w/opt Out option. Elimination of PT cover driver, as it hinders FT hiring. FT jobs!! Definitely no two tier wage syst. Matching 401k would be a +. 8yrs in and still waiting for FT.
I cant see a match on the 401k. UPS is already paying about 8 bucks an hour per full time driver on their pension.

thessalonian13

Please list most important to least .
ME ......

Better paid days......................... ( 8-9 hrs instead of 9-10 hrs OR LONGER ! )
Better plans to ask for day off ...... ( VERY hard to get day off in my hub )
Better 9.5 plan ........................... ( current 9.5 plan sucks )
Less Harassment .........................( UPS hates us )
Better benifits/retirement............ ( I am 41 with 24 yrs , so I can not retire early )
Better sick days ......................... ( maybe have 2 weeks option instead of 1 week )
Less Use of telematics.................. ( talk to , NO waring letters )
small raise.................................. ( everyone needs cash )
maybe get paid in stock options ?... ( if no raise , GIVE ME STOCK )
overall better working condtions ....( go back in the past , UPS was a PERFECT , GREAT job 10 yrs ago !!!!!! )
How about firing all management personnel and replace them with a bunch of 6th graders. The 6th graders will do a far superior job of managing this company than this current bunch of clowns. I would even accept no pay raise for this. I am tired of working for people that have no clue of what they are doing.

bumped

Why? It's to your benefit. If your in Syracuse/Albany or those whereabouts and delivering in the snow and ice and i'm in sunny Los Angeles delivering on a sunny day the same time of year, who's job is more dangerous? Not mine. Yes, cost of living is higher here...........so! Earthquakes? Overrated. We have had 2 so called major earthquakes in the last 25 years. Whittier in 1987 and Northridge in 1994. You get blasted with crappy weather, what? 4 months out of the year EVERY YEAR. Drivers here would run to the Home Depot for a job there. We are spoiled.

IE says its 70 degrees and sunny. Everywhere.

Packmule

I would like to be able to go back to the good old days of being able to move any number of vacations around when forced to be off short term for sickness/medical reasons.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'd love to see PT pay brought up to a level that will attract and keep good PT employees. When i started as a PT'er in 84, start pay was 8$ an hour,and that was a HUGE sum for the time. We also got full benefits after 30 days.
That was a real reason to show up on time,do a good job,and stay employed with the company

Nearly 30 years later part time pay has hardly increased,and as a result many of the PT employees hired now dont give a damn.They are hardly making minimum wage,and have to wait a year for benefits. Hardly was way to attract and keep future drivers!