What do you want in 2013 contract ?

xcessuv

Benhearb4
Wow....Do you still believe in Santa Clause, too? Maybe the Easter Bunny will start putting $$$ in eggs for you....or are you trying to make as much as, say, an NBA star?

oldngray

nowhere special
TM also showed me as recording in travel many times one particular day. I didn't wait for them to come to me I went to them throwing the BS flag. I don't record in travel; I used to sometimes record while idling when at a flag stop pickup but now I religiously shut down the car.

Mgmt kinda shrugged their shoulders and told me to write it up on the DVIR. Nothing ever came of it.

I am wondering if the two systems (telematics and the diad system) sometimes just get a little out of sinc and it rings up a bunch of stops just after you start the car back up.

Anyway I am pretty sure there will be a car load of packages waiting for me in the morning...

I have seen that also where some days something gets screwed up and Telematics kicks out a lot of bogus errors. One day I had over 20 record while idle according to the system and I know I actually had 0 because I did everything exactly the same as every other day when it shows zero. And another driver had 185 bulkhead door errors one day. All they could do is shrug their shoulders and say they can't explain those times the system fails. Same as GPS can get messed up at times. I can see it being used to spot problems but not as evidence for terminations because its not a perfect system.

wornoutupser

This is where a business manager (center manager) has to make a tough choice, service over savings. 60-80 miles RT for a misload would not happen in my center---it would be sheeted as missed. We do run off misloads adjacent to our delivery areas and, if directed, will leave misloads further away at a drop off location to be picked up and shuttled. Most of the misloads that I get are for a town 50 miles away. I am one of the more service conscious drivers in my center but even I know that driving 100 miles RT for a basic just does not make sense.

We SHEET them as missed here-but they disappear on the op report! NO accountabilty!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Still 2 raises. 90 cents a year adds up

Think about if for a minute---would you rather have two 50 cent raises or one $1 raise?

Let's say you work 2000 hours a year. $1/hr would get you an extra $2K. Two 50 cent raises would only get you an extra $1,500. Do you think the company didn't do the math before going to split raises?

willybad

i'm retired so i don't have a vote,but for anybody still working at u.p.s. that wants to retire,they sent us a letter telling us our insurance was going from $50/mo. to $495/mo.(10 times what we're paying,almost 20% of a 25 yr.retiree's net pension check)and can go up every year after this.what they didn't tell us ,is that it is negotiable in the new contract.now if you want to work an extra 5 years ($100/mo/every year over 25 yrs.),you could retire with the same benefits,but wait!the insurance can go up every year,so no matter how many extra years you work you may never be able to retire with the same benefits again.this is absolutely critical for you ,if you want to retire someday.make sure your fellow u.p.s.ers know about this and talk to your union!retirement has been the best years of my life,don't let u.p.s.take it away from you.

reydluap

i'm retired so i don't have a vote,but for anybody still working at u.p.s. that wants to retire,they sent us a letter telling us our insurance was going from $50/mo. to $495/mo.(10 times what we're paying,almost 20% of a 25 yr.retiree's net pension check)and can go up every year after this.what they didn't tell us ,is that it is negotiable in the new contract.now if you want to work an extra 5 years ($100/mo/every year over 25 yrs.),you could retire with the same benefits,but wait!the insurance can go up every year,so no matter how many extra years you work you may never be able to retire with the same benefits again.this is absolutely critical for you ,if you want to retire someday.make sure your fellow u.p.s.ers know about this and talk to your union!retirement has been the best years of my life,don't let u.p.s.take it away from you.

willybad, don't take post this personally. In my 36 years here at UPS, one of the things I have noticed is that when a person retires, after their 15 minutes of fame, they are soon forgotten. All anyone wants to chatter about is who is going to get the route/job you left. Then in time UPS might want to hire someone and when they do, the new hire don't know you(the retiree) from Adam and they don't really give a hoot about retirement pensions. These new hires realize that the pensions and Social Security as WE know it are soon going to become a thing of the past (underfunded). From what I here these young people saying is they would rather have a big raise/401k match and handle their own affairs instead of throwing "their money"(as the new hires call it around my center) into a failing pension plan/SS. So don't hold your breath that the contract will benefit retirees to much. If UPS offers these part timers a $2hr raise and a $500 bonus - we all will be sold down the river in a heartbeat! IMHO.