What does the Bible say about...........???? "On Topic"

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
“I know of no serious, Bible-believing Christian who actually takes the Bible literally. I doubt you do either. And if there were any at our Bible-studies or Sunday schools, all would look at them as either an uninformed simpleton or mentally unstable.”
Fact Checker: Do Faithful Christians Take the Bible Literally?
As the article states, the Truth of God is communicated through out scripture in a number of ways.
Literal is one of those ways.

Figurative.
Direct command.
Apostolic example.
Ways of establishing authority for what is taught.

vantexan

I didn't say that. You keep saying it.
God is just. Let Him ( as if He needs you or I to )do what He does.

So what was your point about the Great Commission?
You were making the point I believe. It appears you've never considered what I'm questioning. I'm not saying that to attack you. I have doubts and in the Christian world doubt will get you ostracized pretty quickly. If God is just, lets people into heaven who never heard the gospel, judges then on the life they've lived instead, then it would be better to never become a Christian, just strive to be a good person. If however you can only get to heaven through Christ(after he came and died and rose again), then billions of people who have never seen a Bible will go to hell.

BrownFlush

You were making the point I believe. It appears you've never considered what I'm questioning. I'm not saying that to attack you. I have doubts and in the Christian world doubt will get you ostracized pretty quickly. If God is just, lets people into heaven who never heard the gospel, judges then on the life they've lived instead, then it would be better to never become a Christian, just strive to be a good person. If however you can only get to heaven through Christ(after he came and died and rose again), then billions of people who have never seen a Bible will go to hell.
No attack VanMan. I have thought about what you have said a lot.
Speak where the Bible speaks, be silent where the Bible is silent.
Do your part, God will do His part.
If you think that person you know is better off eternally by not hearing the gospel and becoming a Christian...I know that's not what the Bible says.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Christ died for ALL. The Bible is a book of wisdom and knowledge, not a ticket to heaven. Jesus welcomed even the good thief hanging beside Him. Knowing God and accepting His teachings isn’t a prerequisite. God knowing you and accepting your life, is.

BrownFlush

You have posted zero current events.
Because your ancient Jew stories are not current events. They're not even based in reality.
Not your reality.
You don't have to be a scholar to know that the Bible addresses Religion and Atheism.
You're crying because you don't want to hear what God has to say about any topic.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

I'm not religious, but you are an angry guy...
As per your other question.
You or I or anyone will never see miracle. There has not been a miracle for almost 2000 years. And there won't be. The Bible confirms this.
The age of miracles were for the purpose of confirming the Word (that we have in written form), thus the purpose and need have ended.

vantexan

Christ died for ALL. The Bible is a book of wisdom and knowledge, not a ticket to heaven. Jesus welcomed even the good thief hanging beside Him. Knowing God and accepting His teachings isn’t a prerequisite. God knowing you and accepting your life, is.
Then why become a Christian? Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through him. And if you compare the Gospels the thief on the cross was mocking Christ in a couple of them. When Jesus said that the thief would be in Paradise with him that day the translation from the Greek should have been "the ground." People see that paradise translation and assume anyone can go to heaven no matter what. The Apostle Paul strove to be right in the sight of God unless he himself should be a castaway. There are people who in past times whipped themselves because the translation is that Paul buffeted his body and brought it under subjection lest he himself become a castaway. Nowhere are we told to do that, or footwash, etc but people take it literally. But I have been taught that in comparison to the masses who are headed to destruction a relative few will make it to heaven. Jesus himself said that comparing the narrow gate with the broad way.