What is our incentive to join the teamsters?

Teamster251

PSST Drvr Local 251 PRORI
Where have you been living? Our benefits are no longer free. The yearly deductibles have doubled, pharmaceuticals have gone form $10 per prescription to 20%-25%, and now 50% if you don't mail in the prescription. It is a battle getting the insurance company to pay for anything anymore. They keep saying this is not covered or that procedure will only pay so much. We are stuck paying the difference, which in some cases, is quite steep. Would you like to amend your statement that we have free healthcare?

I don't need to amend my statement becuase I never said healthcare was free.
I did however say that my benefits were free. I have never had to contribute to my health benifits from my wages.
As long as I can remember I've paid a co-pay of some sort, office visit, mental health, ER etc. That's been the norm for over 20 years.
I have never had a deductilbe, never paid for scripts (meds), my co-pay has been the same for 15 yrs.
When I go to the store to purchase healthcare products I must pay they never been free.
I've never paid a Dentist bill, all thre of my kids have straight teeth with out a dime out of my pocket.
Never paid for eye glasses or contacts. Sure I might have paid up front but was reimbursed as long as I followed up and did the paer work. Pretty simple if you follow the rules they set up.
Let's see, one needed pyshical therapy, one needed surgey (twice), the other had asmaha for over 15 years, Besides co-pays on office visits I've never been had to submit a payment and not been able to get it back 100%.
Oh ya a the wife and all her special problems, 100% covered. Special test, imaging, surgeys etc free.
Not a red cent was spend in three births.

Now would you like to amend your statemnent that you pay for your benifits?

By the way I'm in New England, If you bothered to read the bio under my avatar you'd know that. I have nothing to hide.

local804

Unions were good but they are relying on the government to right their wrongs and you know better than i it won`t happen. Not with the deficit we are running for the modern day vietnam war (iraq). Local 804 is reducing all future benefits meaning your working more time for less $ !!!!!!!!QUOTE]
Working more for less money?Reducing all future benefits?
My pace stays the same no matter what the weather and guess what?????
We just got a raise so I actually am working less and getting paid more. I have no problem staying out and delivering the preloads billion dollar PAS stop count mess up and making a ton of cash$$$$$$$$$It seems that they still cant get the stop count right at the apartments and still play stupid when their count and mine dont match up. My W2 shows an increase yearly too........So I guess its a good thing I am working more time for less money.

Good point you brought up.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Unions were good but they are relying on the government to right their wrongs and you know better than i it won`t happen. Not with the deficit we are running for the modern day vietnam war (iraq). Local 804 is reducing all future benefits meaning your working more time for less $ !!!!!!!!QUOTE]
We just got a raise so I actually am working less and getting paid more. I have no problem staying out and delivering the preloads billion dollar PAS stop count mess up and making a ton of cash$$$$$$$$$It seems that they still cant get the stop count right at the apartments and still play stupid when their count and mine dont match up. My W2 shows an increase yearly too........So I guess its a good thing I am working more time for less money.

i was refering to your pension benefits and i know you knew it ! But thats ok cuase people see thru the smoke. 62 years old is when you can collect insurance and pension together.

Bill

I did however say that my benefits were free. I have never had to contribute to my health benifits from my wages.
As long as I can remember I've paid a co-pay of some sort, office visit, mental health, ER etc. That's been the norm for over 20 years.
I have never had a deductilbe, never paid for scripts (meds), my co-pay has been the same for 15 yrs.
When I go to the store to purchase healthcare products I must pay they never been free.
I've never paid a Dentist bill, all thre of my kids have straight teeth with out a dime out of my pocket.
Never paid for eye glasses or contacts. Sure I might have paid up front but was reimbursed as long as I followed up and did the paer work. Pretty simple if you follow the rules they set up.
Let's see, one needed pyshical therapy, one needed surgey (twice), the other had asmaha for over 15 years, Besides co-pays on office visits I've never been had to submit a payment and not been able to get it back 100%.
Oh ya a the wife and all her special problems, 100% covered. Special test, imaging, surgeys etc free.

By the way I'm in New England, If you bothered to read the bio under my avatar you'd know that. I have nothing to hide.
Apparently, we must have different insurance companies. While my benefits through Central States have gotten much worse, your benefits have stayed the same in the New England fund. You said that you don't pay for medications and your co-pays have stayed the same for 15 years. You are lucky. Central States has gotten much, much worse. My wife has been going to doctors, but unlike you and your family, we have been stuck paying for the portion of the bill that the insurance company refuses to pay. We also follow the rules, go to the doctors on the plan, but still they keep paying only a portion of the tab. I have to appeal, get denied, appeal again. I shouldn't have to go through this process. The insurance company figures that some of us will give up, and they will save that money. We all work for UPS. Shouldn't we all have the same benefits?

Bill

You seem to be a package car driver. Here are your two misconceptions. You are not working less. You just said that you are out working late because the preload messed up the stop count. After so many years of doing this back breaking work, and getting older, how much longer do you think you can do this? Secondly, although you are making more money per hour, you are actually earning less when you adjust for inflation, but you didn't bother to do this. I get these statistics off the US government site for consumer price index, which details month to month the cost of inflation. You remind me of the typical Archie Bunker worker. (If you are old enough to remember this show "All in the Family"). In one episode, Archie was a dock worker that was unionized. The company went on strike. When the strike was over, he was so happy to receive a 15% pay raise over a number of years. However, Mike (meathead, college educated) was sorry to inform him that he actually made less because inflation went up 23% over the years. He ended up with an 8% reduction in real wages!!!!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You seem to be a package car driver. Here are your two misconceptions. You are not working less. You just said that you are out working late because the preload messed up the stop count. After so many years of doing this back breaking work, and getting older, how much longer do you think you can do this? Secondly, although you are making more money per hour, you are actually earning less when you adjust for inflation, but you didn't bother to do this. I get these statistics off the US government site for consumer price index, which details month to month the cost of inflation. You remind me of the typical Archie Bunker worker. (If you are old enough to remember this show "All in the Family"). In one episode, Archie was a dock worker that was unionized. The company went on strike. When the strike was over, he was so happy to receive a 15% pay raise over a number of years. However, Mike (meathead, college educated) was sorry to inform him that he actually made less because inflation went up 23% over the years. He ended up with an 8% reduction in real wages!!!!!

Real cute, Engineer. Ever tried to live WITHIN your means? I suspect not from all this complaining about the union, reduced pension, etc. THIS WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU!!!! Manage your OWN retirement: 401K, investments, savings, etc and you'll be fine. But stop bitching and moaning about malfeasance unless you have evidence the proper authorities would be very interested in seeing. -Rocky

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Real cute, Engineer. Ever tried to live WITHIN your means? I suspect not from all this complaining about the union, reduced pension, etc. THIS WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU!!!! Manage your OWN retirement: 401K, investments, savings, etc and you'll be fine. But stop bitching and moaning about malfeasance unless you have evidence the proper authorities would be very interested in seeing. -Rocky
My my awful testy ? So everyone by RockyRogue you should just forget about all said negotiated $ toward the pension because we all are bitching ? We are all malcontents and should allow the union to be underfunded because its the right thing to do !!!! ????? The pension is first then the healthcare will be next then it will be something else. Get with the accountablility program not the i trust the Ibt to make the best decision for us and not just them ? Only half true and you know which one is !!!!!!!!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
My my awful testy ? So everyone by RockyRogue you should just forget about all said negotiated $ toward the pension because we all are bitching ? We are all malcontents and should allow the union to be underfunded because its the right thing to do !!!! ????? The pension is first then the healthcare will be next then it will be something else. Get with the accountablility program not the i trust the Ibt to make the best decision for us and not just them ? Only half true and you know which one is !!!!!!!!!

I'm testy? No. And would you stop putting words in my mouth, Goose? Never said to "forget about the pension or the money negotiated for it." What I DID say was to have OTHER sources of retirement income: 401K, investments and just plain ole savings. I also NEVER called ya'll malcontents, further never said "underfunding" pensions is OK. I'm not real familiar with this situation but it seems this is the TEAMSTERS fault, NOT UPS's!!!!!! I am with the accountability program. It seems there was a breakdown on some level but it wasn't 100% UPS's fault. Since this IS a multi-employer plan, there're one helluva lotta companies and people to blame. Sorry to say but I'm on UPS's side on this one. And I'm not in management. I'm a reasonable person who sees the whole picture, even if I may not like it. -Rocky

Yes what you say now is true... But what does the future hold with your new contract????

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
I'm testy? No. And would you stop putting words in my mouth, Goose? Never said to "forget about the pension or the money negotiated for it." What I DID say was to have OTHER sources of retirement income: 401K, investments and just plain ole savings. I also NEVER called ya'll malcontents, further never said "underfunding" pensions is OK. I'm not real familiar with this situation but it seems this is the TEAMSTERS fault, NOT UPS's!!!!!! I am with the accountability program. It seems there was a breakdown on some level but it wasn't 100% UPS's fault. Since this IS a multi-employer plan, there're one helluva lotta companies and people to blame. Sorry to say but I'm on UPS's side on this one. And I'm not in management. I'm a reasonable person who sees the whole picture, even if I may not like it. -Rocky
Well now your talking ! :-) Hey Rocky what is the New England fund funded at ? We hear its around the low 40`s and was headed to government receivership ? For your sake i hope i`m wrong. Yes there was a breakdown along the way and no effort to correct it ?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Well now your talking ! :-) Hey Rocky what is the New England fund funded at ? We hear its around the low 40`s and was headed to government receivership ? For your sake i hope i`m wrong. Yes there was a breakdown along the way and no effort to correct it ?

I'm not gonna make my conversations with you into another Tie vs. Trickpony thing, Goose. I'm not in New England and I really haven't kept track of the Pension mess, I'll admit partly because I'm not here for the long-run. At least, not as long as you brave souls. As to the breakdown...shame on all parties for not turning things around when they had the chance. As this is a MULTI-EMPLOYER TEAMSTER plan, I direct most of the blame that direction. Again, I'm not gonna argue with you about this subject anymore. Other subjects...very possibly but this one is over. -Rocky

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
I'm not gonna make my conversations with you into another Tie vs. Trickpony thing, Goose. I'm not in New England and I really haven't kept track of the Pension mess, I'll admit partly because I'm not here for the long-run. At least, not as long as you brave souls. As to the breakdown...shame on all parties for not turning things around when they had the chance. As this is a MULTI-EMPLOYER TEAMSTER plan, I direct most of the blame that direction. Again, I'm not gonna argue with you about this subject anymore. Other subjects...very possibly but this one is over. -Rocky
If i wasn`t in it for the betterment of our future i would have kept my trap shut !
You sound like a little weasel that looks out for your self only . Another self rightous punk. Why take your crap and go somewhere else instead of waisting our time - piss off !!!!!!!!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
If i wasn`t in it for the betterment of our future i would have kept my trap shut !
You sound like a little weasel that looks out for your self only . Another self rightous punk. Why take your crap and go somewhere else instead of waisting our time - piss off !!!!!!!!!

Geeez...what a nasty little man. Wasting your time? Didn't think I was. I was simply attempting to take the high-road to avoid a protracted battle with you. Evidently, that didn't work. What would you like to argue about with regard to this subject? And by the way, the reason I said "short-haul" is because UPS to me at this point is a means to an end, little more than a pay-check. I'm sure there are other subjects we could argue about. Find one and we will. -Rocky.

U

UPS Freight worker

Give me one name of any person who has ever won a peer review board action? In my terminal, it is 0-4! That peer review board is a joke! It will most likely be disbanded by UPS.We don't work for OVNT any more, if you think you can work for UPS without a union? Go for it!There are terminals all over my region that are taking the steps to join the union. Work rules and job protection are the #1 issue! The new accident policy is the tip of the iceberg! UPSF no longer has a saftey department. It is all done in Atlanta. If you have a tier 2 or 3 crash, you are suspended pending an investigation! Un-paid! Tier 3 accidents will more than likely cause termination on first offense! If you have 2 tier 2 crashes, your gone! No appeal will get your job back! Welcome to UPS! Only the union will be able to get your job back! Get organized! The job you save may be your own!

local776

Can anyone tell me why we should join the teamsters union? I will be retiring in 6 yrs with 30 yrs service. Combined; my company pension, social security; and 401k will pay me between 5&6K a month without touching the principal on my 401. I just got the fact sheet on the pension fund last week and it is fully 100% funded.

With the recent teamster pension cuts and under funded status
(40%), explain to me why I should even sign a union card, let alone vote the teamsters union in at this stage in my career?

Pretend you are a car salesman and try and sell me the pinto along with the extended warranty.:confused:1
well if you are a ups freight driver then you have seen the changes. As of present the team runs have been hack, some abolished altogether. you no long go to fon. los,lax Ca, now you will do a meet an turn. If your a good boy you may get a short run to follow. Real nice --you have lost 11550.00 -15,00.00 per year. As far as senority here B.S "oops only if your a butt kisser." runarounds happen all the time. That can cost you$$$$.
IF you dont mind giving company 4 hours of your time with no pay when the weather shuts down the roads,good for you. Lets hope you dont do alot of travel in the winter. if you are a single driver and dont mind giving up to 10 hrs free a week,fine by me, Here you have to come in early so you can hook your set, pre trip, mechanic bay if needed ans be out the gate by your 2:00 start time, if your load not ready you have to give 1 hour after your start time to get paid. Guess what folks the list keeps getting bigger. Take a chance

LOCAL776:
IF you dont mind giving company 4 hours of your time with no pay when the weather shuts down the roads,good for you

You will be lucky if you get paid after the four hours. I'm still looking for over 15 hours of delay pay due to closed roads from Nov. and Dec. 06.

18wheelbrownie

i think you better check out this out , if the company holds your pension , then when you start collecting social security , the company will deduct the s.s. total from your company pension ( example;your recieving $5000.00 amount pension,you start collecting 1400.00 social security ,$1400.00 will come off the top of your pension still giving you $5000.00) and if your in a union pension you'll collect full pension $5000.00 and $1400.00 s.s. each month..giving you $6400.00 each month. this you should check out yourself to help in your decision.

Lizzard Toungue

5 O I cant give you one good reason to join the corrupt money grubbing good for nothing International Brotherhood of Teamsters.Unless 'of course you want your pension cut in half ,about 1 percent of your pay in dues ,to a union that does not give a dam about you.