$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ya that's true. I rarely have heavier than a 40lb sack of dog food from Amazon to deliver and deliver ALOT less packages than you. I felt bad for the UPS guy that delivered my 300lb barbeque and huge trampoline last week. I do an honest days work for an honest days pay and think I may even be a little overcompensated for putting paper in boxes. I mean we don't have stressful jobs or have to deal with life or death situations everyday. If somebody has to wait an extra day for their package it's not the end of the world.

Doubt it was the Ups man with your

300lb. Barbecue

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Been at UPS over 35 years.
-You get 2 weeks more paid time off than me.
-I get no trust fund.
-I will have to be here 43 years to get a full pensioni
-we get no free legal services
-we get no paid sick days.
-I will pay for my own health insurance in retirement.
-My pension may be 50% less ten years from now to save the fund.
-My joints are shot. Doctor says it is from years of over use. Just want to walk without pain when retired
-None of the other companies force their drivers to work 70 hrs weeks or deliver the volume of stops and pieces as us.
So stop your "we have it so good" as UPS drivers attitude. Your situation does not apply to all of us
****Sorry. No UPSer that has always been union is forced to work 43-years to get full pension. That is nation wide, not a one. So your comparison to me doesn't hold water.****

I feel bad that your years in management hasn't paid off as far as getting out relatively young. Focus on the stock you've accumulated is my best advice. Just remember almost all UPS management retires after 60, it's up to you to poke your money elsewhere if you want to get out. Those there only stay for the $$$ & Power that comes with the job.

Look at CEO Abney.. multi-millionaire started out as a part time loader in 1974. I think the guy is absolutely wrong staying but it's his choice. He's going to have a ton of cash when he's 70 to enjoy, or in about 7 short years. I hope he makes it.

Good luck on your next 8-Years not being as stressful.

Mikeups

We voted for the strike and they came to the table with a nickel and the union took the deal...shame on them...this contract helps the 1-5 year driver and the 20-25...guys in the middle eat shlt

twoweeled

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
No

twoweeled

We voted for the strike and they came to the table with a nickel and the union took the deal...shame on them...this contract helps the 1-5 year driver and the 20-25...guys in the middle eat shlt

Hoffa not calling a strike?? Everyone who's surprised, please raise your hand.

8.jpg

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Taft-Hartley law is what Clinton didn't use, not the Railway act. Also HE can't fire us for going on strike. Stop spreading misinformation
No :censored2:, it was the railroad labor act. Corporate and republican legislature wanted Clinton to stretch the acts perameters and include us in it, because so much of our rail volume was left dead in the water on the rails and clogging up rail yards which was putting other commerce at risk. Look, we all understand you’re a friend’n tool who wants to resist everything UPS offers and the Teamsters negotiate. Your probably one of the lazy friend’s that can’t close their own trailer doors, climb up a dock wall and sneers at all the workers putting in a fairs day work, while you talk about your hero days out in the boonies with your short shorts and tube socks on. Whatever.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No :censored2:, it was the railroad labor act. Corporate and republican legislature wanted Clinton to stretch the acts parameters and include us in it, because so much of our rail volume was left dead in the water on the rails and clogging up rail yards which was putting other commerce at risk. Look, we all understand you’re a friend’n tool who wants to resist everything UPS offers and the Teamsters negotiate. Your probably one of the lazy friend’s that can’t close their own trailer doors, climb up a dock wall and sneers at all the workers putting in a fairs day work, while you talk about your hero days out in the boonies with your short shorts and tube socks on. Whatever.
I don't know where you heard that, I'd like to see a source because what you're describing doesn't make sense, it's not even remotely possible.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No :censored2:, it was the railroad labor act. Corporate and republican legislature wanted Clinton to stretch the acts perameters and include us in it, because so much of our rail volume was left dead in the water on the rails and clogging up rail yards which was putting other commerce at risk
200 (1).gif

Look, we all understand you’re a friend’n tool who wants to resist everything UPS offers and the Teamsters negotiate. Your probably one of the lazy friend’s that can’t close their own trailer doors, climb up a dock wall and sneers at all the workers putting in a fairs day work, while you talk about your hero days out in the boonies with your short shorts and tube socks on.
You know I didn't think it possible for a single poster to post more misinformation than @upschuck , but you are pretty damn close to him

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I don't know where you heard that, I'd like to see a source because what you're describing doesn't make sense, it's not even remotely possible.
If you were alive and working in 1997 that’s what was the topic of every news report regarding our strike. Use some google, lazy ass.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you were alive and working in 1997 that’s what was the topic of every news report regarding our strike. Use some google, lazy ass.
No one ever said that because it's a nonsensical idea. Our labor agreement is governed under the NLRA not the RLA, no one and certainly not the president can just arbitrarily decide to change that. Ok maybe some ignorant nutjob who was clueless about how things work suggested it but that's as far as it went.