$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

Heavy Package

In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Vote No. UPS and / or our Union are need to do more to stop harassment and OT and no 22.4 drivers. We voted for a strike authorization for this watered-down contract? Not me. Send 'em back to the table to get it right. If it's not fixed, set a strike date. My date would be Nov. 1st.

Vote No. UPS and / or our Union are need to do more to stop harassment and OT and no 22.4 drivers. We voted for a strike authorization for this watered-down contract? Not me. Send 'em back to the table to get it right. If it's not fixed, set a strike date. My date would be Nov. 1st.
Walk on Black Friday. But the public may not like ruining their Xmas.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you were alive and working in 1997 that’s what was the topic of every news report regarding our strike. Use some google, lazy ass.
Taft -Hartley, not Railway Labor act.

"Unable to operate and losing the public relations war, UPS and the National Association of Manufacturers lobbied President Clinton to use the Taft-Hartley Act to halt the strike.

“The economy is going to have 5 percent of its gross national product not moving,” Murray told the press.

But polls showed that 75 percent of respondents opposed the president interfering in the strike. Clinton steered clear."

The 1997 UPS Strike: Beating Big Business & Business Unionism | Labor Notes

reading_is_fundamental_8_5.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Taft -Hartley, not Railway Labor act.

"Unable to operate and losing the public relations war, UPS and the National Association of Manufacturers lobbied President Clinton to use the Taft-Hartley Act to halt the strike.

“The economy is going to have 5 percent of its gross national product not moving,” Murray told the press.

But polls showed that 75 percent of respondents opposed the president interfering in the strike. Clinton steered clear."

The 1997 UPS Strike: Beating Big Business & Business Unionism | Labor Notes

View attachment 206016
But what do the leaves say?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
So today I make $59.74 an hour for 8 hours a day. We get overtime after 8-hours even if we only work 1-day a week.

$37.60 + $22.14 = $59.74 an hour!!!

*The average UPS contribution for full-time employee’s health and welfare and pension is $22.14 per hour.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
So today I make $59.74 an hour for 8 hours a day. We get overtime after 8-hours even if we only work 1-day a week.

$37.60 + $22.14 = $59.74 an hour!!!

*The average UPS contribution for full-time employee’s health and welfare and pension is $22.14 per hour.

Every time you post I read maybe 2 words then skip to the hilarious replies people give you.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
I only read your title. The bigger question is if they think their own wage is fair.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
A friend of mine works at our state university and he works 4-10's... I asked if he gets over time after 8 hours for each day worked. He said no... no overtime. Sometimes he works 42 or 43 hours in emergencies and gets OT, but no they really crack down on overtime. He asked so do you? I said yeah... sometimes I'll take Monday or Friday off unpaid for a long weekend and work 4-10's too. The pay on that is 32-hours straight time and 8 hours overtime for a 40-hour week. He said daaaamnn!! I said yeah, that's the Union baby. Don't believe all the bs out there that says unions are bad. They really have negotiated an excellent life for us at work and after we leave. Told him they also pay us 45-hours for vacation too. I said tell me anywhere that doles out a max of 9-weeks paid vacation at 45 hours? He could not think of one.(Opt week is 40-hours).

I said, yeah, Teamsters baby... TFL!

Plus, UPS out of the goodness of their hearts. Pay anywhere from 3-6 hours each week for production bonus! Free Cash! Even if you take all your personal time. Boooone---US! :)

Last edited:

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I see the Angry 45 or No-Gang here thought I was you. One week they accuse me of being a robot, a day later the CEO, then UpstateNYUpser, Then Tony Q.

I'm just Fitbit App :), It's my hope all the BC users here go home to their wife or significant other & think of me when they see it on their wrist.

As they worked hard. It's like I've been on their loved one all day! ;)

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I see the Angry 45 or No-Gang here thought I was you. One week they accuse me of being a robot, a day later the CEO, then UpstateNYUpser, Then Tony Q.

I'm just Fitbit App :), It's my hope all the BC users here go home to their wife or significant other & think of me when they see it on their wrist.

Dude shut the :censored2: up. Please.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
One post where fit bit sounds almost like a normal person, then right back off the deep end. I never stopped thinking that it's possible he is a robot at least some of the time.

35years

Gravy route
****Sorry. No UPSer that has always been union is forced to work 43-years to get full pension. That is nation wide, not a one. So your comparison to me doesn't hold water.****

I feel bad that your years in management hasn't paid off as far as getting out relatively young. Focus on the stock you've accumulated is my best advice. Just remember almost all UPS management retires after 60, it's up to you to poke your money elsewhere if you want to get out. Those there only stay for the $$$ & Power that comes with the job.

Look at CEO Abney.. multi-millionaire started out as a part time loader in 1974. I think the guy is absolutely wrong staying but it's his choice. He's going to have a ton of cash when he's 70 to enjoy, or in about 7 short years. I hope he makes it.

Good luck on your next 8-Years not being as stressful.
If you had any idea what you are talking about, you would shut up.
Management? ME? Never.
You do realize no Union pensions are nation-wide at UPS, right?
To receive a full pension, I have to work until I am 62...43 years, all as a Teamster.
You are not only obtuse, but also just plain wrong.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Management? ME? Never.
To receive a full pension, I have to work until I am 62...43 years, all as a Teamster.

That sucks, sorry you have to work that long.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Give it a rest guy.

Management? ME? Never.
That sucks.

Dr.Brownz

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.

Should be getting 100-200% more pay and vacation time

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
No one ever said that because it's a nonsensical idea. Our labor agreement is governed under the NLRA not the RLA, no one and certainly not the president can just arbitrarily decide to change that. Ok maybe some ignorant nutjob who was clueless about how things work suggested it but that's as far as it went.
So you just validated my argument that TRUMPF is just the pos to try that.