What is the REAL reason negotiations have stalled?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think the saying is " A rising tide lifts all boats".
Screenshot_20230709_155600_Google.jpg

Not this one?

SpicyItalian739

Good none if it wouldā€™ve mattered anyway, everybody was gonna get it. Especially in that filthy place. Lol.
Especially because our RMP came in once a week to make us do our weekly ā€œsafety hugsā€ while he held his camera with one hand taking pictures.

I always thought it was weird, but he said it helped group cohesion.

MrBates

It's all for show. Just like the politicians in Washington, they need two sides to look like their fighting in order for Sean to save face with the Union members, and for Carol to save face with the stock holders. The whole thing will be settled with a back room deal when they meet on the 18th hole of the golf course on July 31st.
I am hoping I am wrong.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Why do you think that? Intuition? Somebody in the room? Hearsay from somebody in the room? Or some other reason?
Just guessing, nothing more nothing less . Like I stated neither the union nor the company has cared at all about PT employees and I donā€™t think for a minute a strike is going to occur over PT employees. Iā€™m curious as to what everyone elseā€™s opinions are on the real reasons negotiations broke down

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's all for show. Just like the politicians in Washington, they need two sides to look like their fighting in order for Sean to save face with the Union members, and for Carol to save face with the stock holders. The whole thing will be settled with a back room deal when they meet on the 18th hole of the golf course on July 31st.
I am hoping I am wrong.
It does feel orchestrated dosent it?

Thebrownblob

Just guessing, nothing more nothing less . Like I stated neither the union nor the company has cared at all about PT employees and I donā€™t think for a minute a strike is going to occur over PT employees. Iā€™m curious as to what everyone elseā€™s opinions are on the real reasons negotiations broke down
My gut feeling is the company is trying to look tough by holding out for a little while knowing full well theyā€™re going to have to come back to the table and make a better offer. They hate looking likely lost, and they hate being told what to do.

Trucker Clock

My gut feeling is the company is trying to look tough by holding out for a little while knowing full well theyā€™re going to have to come back to the table and make a better offer. They hate looking likely lost, and they hate being told what to do.

I feel the same. Oā€™Brien has basically told UPS, and the world, that they are going to give us what we want or else.

If I was the company, Iā€™d probably be saying FU to that attitude also. But they also canā€™t afford a strike.