What Part-Timers will get.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The company is going to have to care about part timers, as long as they vote, and make their voices heard

With the 2018 Contract I really did not want the younger part timers to vote, all they saw was the 5 dollars bump in their starting rate and would automatically vote “Yes” in order to get that and their retro’s. Their uninformed part time vote would cancel my 45 year full time, well informed “No” vote.

As mentioned above just study the percentages on voter participation over the last several contracts. It has been averaging slightly over 20 percent, a vast majority of that is our part timers who didn’t even bother to cast their ballots.

Last edited:
With the 2018 Contract I really did not want the younger part timers to vote, all they saw was the 5 dollars bump in their starting rate and would automatically vote “Yes” in order to get that and their retro’s. Their uninformed part time vote would cancel my 45 year full time, well informed “No” vote.
If a few more of them would have voted this contract probably wouldn't have passed.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If a few more of them would have voted this contract probably wouldn't have passed.

The problem with that is the ones who didn’t care enough to vote would have voted “Yes”. Still remember the big push by the international to pass the 2018 (best ever) Contract, their big selling point was that retro check targeting primarily the part timers.

Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.

Good news is that O’Brien will not be extending the upcoming Contract. Sorry folks no more (retro checks) or should I say sell out (bonuses).

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

As mentioned above just study the percentages on voter participation over the last several contracts. It has been averaging slightly over 20 percent, a vast majority of that is our part timers who didn’t even bother to cast their ballots.
I'd love to know how many PTers actually hang around in the PT or even UPS ranks to realize the benefit of anything other than an immediate raise.
It should be no surprise that they vote for what benefits them right away. I think that's this current generation.

I only see young people for NDA (sometimes 2DA) when I travel through the major Air Hubs both domestically and Internationally, so I don't know. At the Air Hubs, most of these young people seem to be having fun. The old :censored2:s that are dragging ass seem like they're in agony.

The problem with that is the ones who didn’t care enough to vote would have voted “Yes”. Still remember the big push by the international to pass the 2018 (best ever) Contract, their big selling point was that retro check targeting primarily the part timers.

Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.

Good news is that O’Brien will not be extending the upcoming Contract. Sorry folks no more (retro checks) or should I say sell out (bonuses).
It's definitely going to get interesting

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Going to be much more interesting after the strike vote in early June…

So everybody just breath slowly.. we still are a month away. It is just a matter of time now for the “chicken littles” to start posting. Always a fun time, happens every contract.
Part time votes should only count for half a vote. Lol

TheWeasel

So part timers make 42an hour? Not many. On average they make half what a full time driver makes.
Fifth. Half the pay, less than half the hours. They're lucky if they can even clear 25k a year.

Parttimers make so little money they can qualify for Medicaid in many states. I certainly did before my current position. Medicaid is better than teamcare in many ways and the only thing our benefits package saved me was about $400 annually from dental visits.