What was agreed on the new contract regarding Health Insurance?

I'm in the Southern...I want your dental plan cause mine has a yearly Max of $2500....better than the $1500 it used to be though.

C6D1F396-84E8-4367-8018-EA403E7C0EA4.jpeg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Not sure how you all feel but our health insurance was not nearly as good as our previous contract. Don't get me wrong, our insurance is fantastic. But still not as good as the previous. I am just hoping they don't agree to a lesser health insurance.

Don't forget that everyone is not in the same insurance. Some Locals have their own and others belong to group plans elsewhere.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

"sigh" yes they are impacted. Yes cigna covers what allegiant doesn't. I wonder what its like to be such a negative bit@#. How many times have you guys been divorced? Lets take a poll!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Waiting for the Master language. If it is anything like the air rider bargained for by Local 89 then I am done with being proud of my union. Let it be known the pride has been slowly deteriorating for a while now.
no pride at all. no one knows what theyre doing, everyone is there for a check even the crappy center managers

upsbeernut

The Union's Stewards are pushing a yes vote???? Say it ain't so!!
ofx84.jpg
are they insane, 22 4 is going to increase regular drivers overtime. busting routes is what dispatchers do best and the residual is going to the regular routes. then the new driver will probably need help.

upsbeernut

So what did we shoot for and give up for cell phones:no: and air conditioned vans?
Ventilation, reloop routes, time study, consistent computer plans, stop the daily shuttle, etc..., I rather focus on this than more money.(cost of living raise only plus health benefits)

upsbeernut

Yeah, I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it.

I suppose I need a better frame of reference?

Seems to though, if all changes are detailed in the 89 negotiations link in this thread, you would be able to oint at some specific language that changed to illustrate your displeasure, aside from the 250 new 22.3 jobs?

Can't get my head around that being a bad thing?
Its all bad, they will throw more stops on the car and then pay DOT to jack us up to 70 hours like they did the last two christmases

Karma...

Don't forget that everyone is not in the same insurance. Some Locals have their own and others belong to group plans elsewhere.
why aren't all Teamsters covered by the same plan and get better and lower cost health plan and more even pension plan....strength in numbers standing together always wins

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It was the only snide comment he could come up. Certainly didn’t answer the question about hourlies on committees. They should always be the negotiating team. Most of the IBT bigwigs don’t have any clue about the current conditions on the ground floor
The same could be said for high level ups managers...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
why aren't all Teamsters covered by the same plan and get better and lower cost health plan and more even pension plan....strength in numbers standing together always wins

Great question..I have been saying that for years. It could be that one of the reasons is that every pension and health and welfare plan have people managing the incoming assets, investments in stocks, bonds, etc, etc. They are called Plan Administrators or Board of Trustees they govern these plans and set a benefit for the active and retired participants. They of course do get a little monetary compensation for their duties, now you can see it would be hard to combine all these Pension and Health and Welfare benefit plans into one massive fund because some of those people who manage these smaller benefits funds will be taking a pay cut or lose power.

Therefore, everybody gets a different Pension and Health and Welfare formula depending on how well the funds are doing in their region. Does not make sense to me either, if a Pension and Health and Welfare fund is in the red would it be a good idea to spread the monetary assets from the healthy ones into the underfunded plans. This concept will never go with our current mindset of me, myself and I that runs through our membership and leadership. We sometimes belly ache about the greed of corporations and forget about we are acting the same way by looking away when our own members are suffering or being taken advantage of. We have become Them with no moral code and swimming in the sea of plausible deniability. Mission Statement on all the Teamster's letterheads "People helping People" yea..right..show me.

Inthegame

They are called Plan Administrators or Board of Trustees they govern these plans and set a benefit for the active and retired participants. They of course do get a little monetary compensation for their duties, now you can see it would be hard to combine all these Pension and Health and Welfare benefit plans into one massive fund because some of those people who manage these smaller benefits funds will be taking a pay cut or lose power.
Boards of Trustees on benefit plans get $0 in compensation.

Inthegame

Therefore, everybody gets a different Pension and Health and Welfare formula depending on how well the funds are doing in their region.
Many plans encompass groups of Local unions and "formulas" of benefit levels are based on contribution levels (negotiated with participating employers) and plan performance.
Everyone in the Teamsters aren't UPS employees. In many Locals, UPS'ers are the minority.
Does not make sense to me either, if a Pension and Health and Welfare fund is in the red would it be a good idea to spread the monetary assets from the healthy ones into the underfunded plans.
First, that is illegal. Second, you're suggesting plans that responsibly protected their members future security, by not succumbing to political pressure of raising benefits when forecasts indicate otherwise, should now jeopardize their members security to bail out less responsible actions by others.
I guess that works for you.
BTW, every plan already does what you suggest in part by contributing on a per member per month basis to the Pension Benefit Guarantee Board.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Many plans encompass groups of Local unions and "formulas" of benefit levels are based on contribution levels (negotiated with participating employers) and plan performance.
Everyone in the Teamsters aren't UPS employees. In many Locals, UPS'ers are the minority.
First, that is illegal. Second, you're suggesting plans that responsibly protected their members future security, by not succumbing to political pressure of raising benefits when forecasts indicate otherwise, should now jeopardize their members security to bail out less responsible actions by others.
I guess that works for you.
BTW, every plan already does what you suggest in part by contributing on a per member per month basis to the Pension Benefit Guarantee Board.

So everybody who is a member of the Teamster's Union is getting the weekly monetary contributions per Article 34 (Master)? What about everybody who happens to be in a (defined benefit) plan like the UPS Pension Plan and the IBT/UPS Plan, is the company contributing the same amount as the ones in a (monetary contribution) one. Just from my research the defined benefit plans are only payed annually and can go up or down according to the plan's investments. The monetary contribution plans are funded to article 34 standards, a fixed weekly amount per employee goes into the trust.

We all can blame somebody for why these benefit plans are underfunded, but can we really say it is the fault of the rank and file or was it the fault of bad decisions by leadership like not growing full time positions (in the 80's and most of the 90's) to help provide the funds to have a good retirement package, also politics involved with getting re-elected by promising benefits with go means to pay for them did not help either.

Last edited: