What was agreed on the new contract regarding Health Insurance?

Superteeth2478

If the vocal "No" voters are the majority of the ones that vote this time, and at least 66.67% of them vote "No", it'll count as an automatic strike vote. But this does little to change things when Hoffa and the negotiating committee actually have the power to call the workers back from a strike whenever they decide to...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If the vocal "No" voters are the majority of the ones that vote this time, and at least 66.67% of them vote "No", it'll count as an automatic strike vote. But this does little to change things when Hoffa and the negotiating committee actually have the power to call the workers back from a strike whenever they decide to...

I am not an expert on what would happen if the national contract is voted down. It has never happened in my lifetime. The Central Supplement went down in 2013 the first time. That was renegotiated with a better Health and Welfare package and passed, but only for those who were transferring from the company plan into the union plan. The locals who were already under Team Care originally did not get the upgraded.

It is obvious that both negotiating parties do not want a strike..So expect them to go back to the table with an extension and go to Plan "B", the to Plan "C".

I still have worries about the International imposing the national because of poor voter turn-out. Hoffa is a lame duck president, I doubt that he would be running for another election at the age of near 80. He barely got in with the last one running against the TDU crew who early in the election lost their original presidential candidate on their ticket.

That is why the part time vote is so important, even though they do not turn in a ballot they could affect the ratification of this contract by lower the voter participation percentages just enough for the authorization of the 2/3 percentage majority "NO" votes that is required to vote it down. If by some miracle the membership can get to at least the 50 percent voter participation level, it will be a straight YES or NO vote.

twoweeled

LOL! We may hear strong threats from Hoffa. WE may hear super strong threats about a strike. We may hear super duper strong threats from Hoffa. But rest assured, a strike will not be called. It would take an uprising from members to get him to even think about it.

twoweeled

Try a 100k max.
Unless we die really young. I can guarantee you, that won't last.

ouch.gif

Superteeth2478

No, Hoffa wouldn't call the strike in the first place, but according to the IBT Constitution if a certain percentage vote and a certain percentage of them say no it's an automatic strike vote. I'm just saying Hoffa would call off the strike immediately like the pusillanimous sack of crap that he is.

twoweeled

No, Hoffa wouldn't call the strike in the first place, but according to the IBT Constitution if a certain percentage vote and a certain percentage of them say no it's an automatic strike vote. I'm just saying Hoffa would call off the strike immediately like the pusillanimous sack of crap that he is.
That's interesting. I've never heard that. I'd be interested in reading some wording on that.

bowhnterdon

Be careful BUG likes to lick Jr’s backside...

OrionsBitch

Not...
In my opinion I'm happy as long as insurance covers big stuff. We have it great at UPS it covers basically everything. But I believe people should pay for dental cleanings or general physicals etc. Out of pocket. Health insurance should be like home owners insurance. You don't use it to replace a toilet.....you use it to repair fire damage.

But I'm not complaining or advocating for less! Just saying.

twoweeled

In my opinion I'm happy as long as insurance covers big stuff. We have it great at UPS it covers basically everything. But I believe people should pay for dental cleanings or general physicals etc. Out of pocket. Health insurance should be like home owners insurance. You don't use it to replace a toilet.....you use it to repair fire damage.

But I'm not complaining or advocating for less! Just saying.
Management must love you.