What will be an automatic NO vote for you?

I am serious because word on the street is that UPS did not want to give us raises in the next contract. I'm talking driver raises here. somewhere in the neighborhood of 85 cents a year to keep up with compounding inflation. The union proposal was 1.00 per year raise.
The word on Sesame Street?

F

Frankie's Friend

I am serious because word on the street is that UPS did not want to give us raises in the next contract. I'm talking driver raises here. somewhere in the neighborhood of 85 cents a year to keep up with compounding inflation. The union proposal was 1.00 per year raise.
They wanted to give us raises every other contract?

Hazard

That's straight up nonsense. Might make sense if you live in podunk middle america where 80-100k is rich. In the big cities on the west coast this is barely average. And it's difficult to get a decent house with this kind of income.
I was being sarcastic

dogs.bite.me

I will vote NO if.
1. They allow the 70hr. Rule (Yes I know it's a federal thing not UPS)

2. They create these so called 22.4 driver/insider jobs.

3. Anything that seems like a large concession. So many rumors flying around I can't be sure what's real.

I'm anxious to see the proposed contract so I can look at it and decide. Though as of right now I believe it will be a NO vote for me.

I've heard about these 22.4 jobs. Why are you so against it? Just curious.

I don't know how to think about them yet, as I haven't seen any language on them. So I don't know what to think but I've seen a few people on here saying auto no if they are included. What are your concerns about them?

bowhnterdon

So that's 2 people that have no idea how any of this works.
Enlighten me. I read the constitution. Here is what I get, if I am wrong, explain it so we can be on the same page. If less than half vote(that is a given) and it is not a 2/3 majority no vote, the committee can impose agreement

brown_trousers

I will be expecting part-timers to get the biggest improvements in this contract. the amount we pay our part-timers and the way we treat them, i wouldn't blame them if they crossed the picket line to work. We are creating an anti-union generation of workers. It will bite us in the ass in the future if we dont fix it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

I don't know how to think about them yet, as I haven't seen any language on them. So I don't know what to think but I've seen a few people on here saying auto no if they are included. What are your concerns about them?
It is simply just the absolute and near-total certainty that the 22.4 jobs will be used to lower overall driver wages, advance volume and cut routes from M-friend, and ease into potential sunday deliveries.

Who knows. Getting to load your own PC is really not that bad of an idea.

542thruNthru

Too many ways for the company to take advantage of it. The language would have to be absolutely stellar for me to vote Yes on it.

They would need to pay them the same wage as FT drivers for one. Limit the amount of positions, days they could deliver and stops they could do.

The company would use it to cut routes and cut full time driving positions. There are just to many ways the company could use it to screw us. Even good language they could ignore and just pay grievance just like they do in some areas for 9.5 violations.

bowhnterdon

You were very quick to call me uninformed, am I wrong? I kinda hope I am..
upload_2018-6-11_18-14-51.jpeg

Ghost in the Darkness

I will just say there needs to be considerable progress in many areas for me to even consider voting yes. I'm expecting some progress to avoid a strike with the typical weak contract language we always get. Needless to say its more of the same, and another no vote from me.

F

Frankie's Friend

I have been saying this for a while. Now that Supplements can and will be enforced, no doubt the Master is next.
Without sounding like I'm from upstate NY I'd say give it a chance.
At least they took a strike authorization vote this time...for what that's worth .