What will happen to the express Drivers....

Guitarman01

Package handlers get benefits, the majority of drivers in my terminal are offered benefits. The “hurr durr, Ground drivers don’t get benefits” is out of date. You’ll have to update your nonsensical reasons for why this plan won’t happen.
Comparing package handlers to driver pay and benefits is nonsensical to begin with. Benefits depend on the contractor, some offer some, some offer less than that. I get the sense that you are not aware of express benefits. 5 sick days, overtime after 8 hours of work, working on a 6th day is all overtime. Vision insurance is practically free. I don't pay for contacts. They even help pay for laser eye surgery. dental and medical is less great but it's decent. 4 to 5 weeks of vacation plus personal and floating holidays. 401k that matches 8 percent to an employee's 6. Idk you sure don't talk or act like a boss. How many employees are you in charge of again? Has this guy been verified?

bacha29

You don't seem to understand that Hunter Biden has done millions of dollars worth of business in China. As in they gave him money that he has done nothing with but spend it partying. And give to his family. Joe is compromised and the Taiwanese are S.O.L. There won't be a huge naval battle, no ground troops. The relations act gives the president the right to supply Taiwan with defensive weapons and we have for decades. When push comes to shove watch Joe say it's an internal Chinese matter.
Your comments are completely unrelated to what is happening here. The issue is what emerging forces both domestically and internationally are compelled Raj to undertake such a radical course of action?....And Hunter Biden's laptop was obviously not one of them. To completely dismantle a global powerhouse like FDX and entrust it to some contractors completely untested when it comes to the hallmark service FDX is founded upon.

bacha29

They’re offer benefits but the company probably pays very little towards them, you end up paying for most of it, especially family plans.
Now you're catching onto it. Sure some of them offer benefits....but who pays the premiums?. Now that's entirely different matter?

It will be fine

Comparing package handlers to driver pay and benefits is nonsensical to begin with. Benefits depend on the contractor, some offer some, some offer less than that. I get the sense that you are not aware of express benefits. 5 sick days, overtime after 8 hours of work, working on a 6th day is all overtime. Vision insurance is practically free. I don't pay for contacts. They even help pay for laser eye surgery. dental and medical is less great but it's decent. 4 to 5 weeks of vacation plus personal and floating holidays. 401k that matches 8 percent to an employee's 6. Idk you sure don't talk or act like a boss. How many employees are you in charge of again? Has this guy been verified?
I’ve been on this board for about 7 years longer than you, I don’t need to be verified. OT is not a benefit, vision insurance is basically free for anyone that offers it, it’s really cheap, same with dental. I’d guess my major medical is on par with what express offers. It’s ok, I understand you need to feel superior, but bragging about benefits as your job is being eliminated is not very impressive.

Guitarman01

I’ve been on this board for about 7 years longer than you, I don’t need to be verified. OT is not a benefit, vision insurance is basically free for anyone that offers it, it’s really cheap, same with dental. I’d guess my major medical is on par with what express offers. It’s ok, I understand you need to feel superior, but bragging about benefits as your job is being eliminated is not very impressive.
That was not my point. I'll cut this much shorter. The way you talk makes me highly doubt you are in any sort of leadership position.

bacha29

Contractors offer lower wages often flat per day pay whether is takes 6 hours to do the job or 11 hours to do the job. Others pay only a fixed rate based on a per stop basis. And the number of stops a person will have to do in a day to make anything will put a person on disability if not an early grave Overall if converted to a wage per hour it will run a good one third less Benefits if any to begin with are purely symbolic and provide coverages so flimsy that you might as well not even bother with them because in some cases the cost of benefits comes out of contractor employed drivers pay.

You might find here and there terms slightly better but overall this is about what to expect if you go to work for a contractor.

It will be fine

Contractors offer lower wages often flat per day pay whether is takes 6 hours to do the job or 11 hours to do the job. Others pay only a fixed rate based on a per stop basis. And the number of stops a person will have to do in a day to make anything will put a person on disability if not an early grave Overall if converted to a wage per hour it will run a good one third less Benefits if any to begin with are purely symbolic and provide coverages so flimsy that you might as well not even bother with them because in some cases the cost of benefits comes out of contractor employed drivers pay.

You might find here and there terms slightly better but overall this is about what to expect if you go to work for a contractor.
Why would you pay someone more for being slow and bad at their job?

lilwizbiz

How can anyone be happy for any employee losing their jobs whether it’s express or ground? Seems like a few people on this board are loving that. Y’all ever been laid off before? It’s :censored2: Quite sad tbh. Nothing’s been announced yet

bacha29

Why would you pay someone more for being slow and bad at their job?
That comment says everything about your character and the kind of person you would be to work for and is in line with the attitude of contractors as a whole and should serve as a warning to the Express drivers who are considering going to work for one.

It will be fine

That comment says everything about your character and the kind of person you would be to work for and is in line with the attitude of contractors as a whole and should serve as a warning to the Express drivers who are considering going to work for one.
That’s not an answer to the question. Why would you pay someone more for being slow?