What will happen to the express Drivers....

Godzilla55

So…if this is the end why are we bothering bidding on vacation weeks for next fiscal year? Seems like a waste of time. Unless folks that are bidding on vacation weeks are safe….for now.

Guitarman01

I’ve been on this board for about 7 years longer than you, I don’t need to be verified. OT is not a benefit, vision insurance is basically free for anyone that offers it, it’s really cheap, same with dental. I’d guess my major medical is on par with what express offers. It’s ok, I understand you need to feel superior, but bragging about benefits as your job is being eliminated is not very impressive.
Im sorry but this tells me maybe you're not in charge of anything. If you were aware of any sort of payroll you would know almost all states only pay overtime after 40hrs per week, not per day. That is a benefit. Companies are absolutely not required to pay a full day of overtime just because an employee is working a 6th day on their day off. That is also a benefit.
Unless someone else can chime in on your credentials, I think you might be portraying yourself as someone you are not.
You have a whole fleet to be concerned with on a day-to-day basis, and this is where you spend most of your time?
I dont buy it.

vantexan

Your comments are completely unrelated to what is happening here. The issue is what emerging forces both domestically and internationally are compelled Raj to undertake such a radical course of action?....And Hunter Biden's laptop was obviously not one of them. To completely dismantle a global powerhouse like FDX and entrust it to some contractors completely untested when it comes to the hallmark service FDX is founded upon.
Now you want to back away from what you were saying? Good for you. Back to the thread topic!

It will be fine

Im sorry but this tells me maybe you're not in charge of anything. If you were aware of any sort of payroll you would know almost all states only pay overtime after 40hrs per week, not per day. That is a benefit. Companies are absolutely not required to pay a full day of overtime just because an employee is working a 6th day on their day off. That is also a benefit.
Unless someone else can chime in on your credentials, I think you might be portraying yourself as someone you are not.
You have a whole fleet to be concerned with on a day-to-day basis, and this is where you spend most of your time?
I dont buy it.
Yes. I run my company well and have managers that handle the day to day operations. I’m basically semi-retired. It’s what happens when you put in work to advance beyond entry level jobs like truck driving.

lilwizbiz

So…if this is the end why are we bothering bidding on vacation weeks for next fiscal year? Seems like a waste of time. Unless folks that are bidding on vacation weeks are safe….for now.
Because it’ll be business as usual. Why is Express still posting internal jobs? Just close the site. Am I right or am I right?

Lates

We bid our vacation the week before they told us… it was a waste of time. Had even booked my vacation the same week really sucks now.

bacha29

Now you want to back away from what you were saying? Good for you. Back to the thread topic!
I have nothing to back away from. It's not my fault that you failed to understand that I was calling attention to the changing global economy and rising tensions in key international trade that might have been a factor in the complete dismantling of a global corporation the size of FDX. What is being undertaken here is unprecedented

Next time I'll take additional measures that will hopefully better assist you in the effort to keep up.

bacha29

I dont buy it.
Remember, IWBF is PRESIDENT!. Unfortunately...president of nothing. Every aspect, every single decision that a contractor makes is totally subjected to the oversight, review . approval or rejection of the parent operating company.
The only truly independent decision available to a Ground contractor is the decision on when to quit. And even FDX decides who you can sell your contract to. It's a company comprised of nothing but a bunch of control freaks.

SmithBarney

See my other post, but everything needs to appear normal, it'll still til 2027 before everything is done, some stations have already changed, others start in june...when is your turn? someone knows but they won't tell until they need to.
But everything needs to appear normal, because one factor can really hurt fedex, if people start running for the door to look for new jobs/retire... it could break Fedex...

vantexan

I have nothing to back away from. It's not my fault that you failed to understand that I was calling attention to the changing global economy and rising tensions in key international trade that might have been a factor in the complete dismantling of a global corporation the size of FDX. What is being undertaken here is unprecedented

Next time I'll take additional measures that will hopefully better assist you in the effort to keep up.
LOL, You were giving unfounded reasons for why FedEx Ground wouldn't have the manpower saying we were looking at war, etc. Typical alarmist poppycock.

Last edited:

Serf

Could you imagine what people would think or do if they announced vacation bidding was suspended?

Serf

I see small feud’s popping up between ground guys and express guys. Let me just say this; I have no ill will towards basically anyone. And while express isn’t the company it once was….working as a ground contractor is a much harder and thankless job. For a little or a lot less than what express guys are bringing in. Good luck.

bbsam

Staff member
Remember, IWBF is PRESIDENT!. Unfortunately...president of nothing. Every aspect, every single decision that a contractor makes is totally subjected to the oversight, review . approval or rejection of the parent operating company.
The only truly independent decision available to a Ground contractor is the decision on when to quit. And even FDX decides who you can sell your contract to. It's a company comprised of nothing but a bunch of control freaks.
Until something goes “wrong”, the parent company rarely gives a rats ass what decisions I make. In fact, Ground management should probably be looking for employment as well since most of the communication they do with contractors can easily be done by email.