What would you do

Karma...

UPS Teamsters should adjust wages for local cost of living too.
Before the unifying (almost) 1976 national contract there were local and cola adjustable wages as well as varying contract lengths with the shortest of 2 years. some locals opted out of the overall and negotiated after the main contract was done. very very smart on the unions management.....I remember holding aside packages for certain destinations and stacking them very frequently as well as experiencing wild cat strikes.....the longest strike I was in was from September 1976 to December 1976....that was a good one. .the last strike was a quite nice summer vacation..especially for those who didnt have the seniority for a summer vacation..... these days neither company or union cant afford one.......

Last edited:

BeefiestMass

Wanted to do the same thing but was too worried about effing up or not liking it and not being able to come back to UPS. The inside lineman rate around here is about $10/hr more than top rate drivers, but I heard from an apprentice friend that work wasn't always available, and he quit shortly later. I'm still often tempted to do it.