What would you do

PT Car Washer

To revive this old thread (again)

Just got results from my interview. Don’t want to give out my exact score but it’s upper 90s. I’ll probably be getting a call sometime in the next year.

I’ve made up my mind that I’ll make the jump to become a union electrician, but it’s still scary, especially with a family.

Any words of encouragement/discouragement from anyone?
Can you stick around for a couple more days and help with Prime week?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

Just got results from my interview. Don’t want to give out my exact score but it’s upper 90s. I’ll probably be getting a call sometime in the next year.

I’ve made up my mind that I’ll make the jump to become a union electrician, but it’s still scary, especially with a family.

Master electricians make very very good money if you put the time in schooling for it.

2Down2Many2Go

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

I took the aptitude test on Saturday. Nothing will stop me.

DriverNerd

You only live once. It is a skilled profession that will always be in need. If it will make you happy. Blah blah blah. Seriously, do it. Yes, it's always scary when you change a career and you have a family, but you're not going from a high paying job to low paying job at a non-profit. You are moving to another career, with great pay and a good future outlook. The fact you will be happier will not just benefit you.

BrownStains

I was working under a master electrician while I was on preload before I got full time driving about 8 years ago. He owned his own business, not union. I think he made money but probably not as much as a ups driver ,at that time, things may be different now though but I know he struggled . Also have another buddy , he hooked me up with the guy I worked for . He was also in electrical working for somebody then ended up into the union. Last I seen him he got in the union and loved it. They paid for his school to become a master. But I think the work was sporadic. Now it’s probably better with the economy. I’m not sure he makes that much more than a driver on top out wage but the work is probably less physically demanding and there is more flexibility .

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was working under a master electrician while I was on preload before I got full time driving about 8 years ago. He owned his own business, not union. I think he made money but probably not as much as a ups driver ,at that time, things may be different now though but I know he struggled . Also have another buddy , he hooked me up with the guy I worked for . He was also in electrical working for somebody then ended up into the union. Last I seen him he got in the union and loved it. They paid for his school to become a master. But I think the work was sporadic. Now it’s probably better with the economy. I’m not sure he makes that much more than a driver on top out wage but the work is probably less physically demanding and there is more flexibility .
I hope he trains you since he is a master

I would do it, down the line you'll be able to name your price. All trades are heading that way. High School grads that went to Vo-tech are starting at 20 to 30 per hr in their craft.