What would you like to see in the next contract?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Incentive stock options for 0/0 years (for tax purposes)..... maybe start out at 5 years.

Incentive stock options for zero driver follow ups.

Incentive stock options for zero concerns.

Incentive stock options for sold sales leads.

Keep the trinkets, fruits, awards, patches and bomber jackets. Show me the money.
All the awards, trinkets and freebies have disappeared in the last few years. No more free granola bars, lunch bags, hats or tshirts..all we get is free bottles of water and bagels every friday.

kingOFchester

All the awards, trinkets and freebies have disappeared in the last few years. No more free granola bars, lunch bags, hats or tshirts..all we get is free bottles of water and bagels every friday.

In the past month I have seen a few trinkets. A nerd style football, lip balm, a candy bar and my personal favorite the fold up fabric frisbee.

Look hunny, I knew the 3rd key to slip and falls, remembered the safety tip, had a good observation and licked my mangers balls and I got free lip balm.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In the past month I have seen a few trinkets. A nerd style football, lip balm, a candy bar and my personal favorite the fold up fabric frisbee.

Look hunny, I knew the 3rd key to slip and falls, remembered the safety tip, had a good observation and licked my mangers balls and I got free lip balm.
ewww...i'll pass on the free lip balm...but I want a frisbee!

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
I'd like to see a provision, making it a must to fill part time jobs openings with current employees, "22.3" Rather than tell current part timers that there is no way for them to get doubles, then turn around and hire new part time employees any way.

Example I work a night shift 6:30-10:30 I asked to be able to work the another shift to give me more hour, and make me a 22.3/ full timer. I was told I couldn't and that there were no shifts available.

Few days later I see 12 new recruits 4 of which were hired for morning shifts...lol wtf.

My bills don't get paid by sweat the get paid by money.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
I'd like to see designated work, to be removed or changed It sucks when my dept is short people and they constantly take me out my area to recycle other areas stuff for them or pick off in other areas. Because every time I get back to my dept :censored2:s always hectic.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'd like to see a provision, making it a must to fill part time jobs openings with current employees, "22.3" Rather than tell current part timers that there is no way for them to get doubles, then turn around and hire new part time employees any way.

Example I work a night shift 6:30-10:30 I asked to be able to work the another shift to give me more hour, and make me a 22.3/ full timer. I was told I couldn't and that there were no shifts available.

Few days later I see 12 new recruits 4 of which were hired for morning shifts...lol wtf.

My bills don't get paid by sweat the get paid by money.
are you kidding me? Get real! Double shifting during peak is one thing....but do you honestly think ups is going to pay you OT after 5 hours everyday instead of hiring some new peopl for 10/hr.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
The contract should include raises for hazmat training. I just under went hazmat training to help in air recovery from time to time how ever I don't get any more pay for the extra knowledge or responsibility, "Designated work" made it when I couldn't even tell the supervisors No I don't want to do it.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
are you kidding me? Get real! Double shifting during peak is one thing....but do you honestly think ups is going to pay you OT after 5 hours everyday instead of hiring some new peopl for 10/hr.

I'd gladly give up the over time rate up to 8 hours after 8 hours I'd expect the overtime rate as deserved.

New people take added training, Insurance, chance they won't stick around any way.

It's better to hire from with in.

kingOFchester

No, they are the pimps.
Not sure about that. I overheard a conference call the other day. Pretty sure my sups and manager were listening to their pimp. He was pissed about something called over-allowed? I guess they didn't make their numbers the evening before. He also went off about under 8's. As a pimp, you would think he would be glad the crew were having under 8's......less ware and tare on the goods. A guy named O'ryan was only at a 77%. I guess that was a customers satisfaction rating?

Last edited: