What's next for us now that we lost attendance bonus?

Hello all I'm in the 177 in Central Jersey. Our MRA attendance bonus is gone. That's fine well at least for me. I'm at $15.33 an hour and I have the privilege of working OT everyday if I choose to. My only gripe it that our FT supes are forcing us to take meal breaks to break our times. In our rider, 177 we get OT after 5 hours. We are losing new hires and veteran package handlers every week. It's gotten to the point where PT and FT supes are working everyday. We have to start writing and filing grievances everyday to stop the supes from working and stop breaking our times and pay us our OT that we work hard for!

Hello all I'm in the 177 in Central Jersey. Our MRA attendance bonus is gone. That's fine well at least for me. I'm at $15.33 an hour and I have the privilege of working OT everyday if I choose to. My only gripe it that our FT supes are forcing us to take meal breaks to break our times. In our rider, 177 we get OT after 5 hours. We are losing new hires and veteran package handlers every week. It's gotten to the point where PT and FT supes are working everyday. We have to start writing and filing grievances everyday to stop the supes from working and stop breaking our times and pay us our OT that we work hard for!
In the Central Region PT don't have meal breaks. Every PT sup in the building works so we are prevented from OT. Management blames it on pull times yet they start the sort later each day of the week. Many are disappointed in losing the MRA and now the attendance bonus.

542thruNthru

I'm confused. Why are you taking a meal break? Have you spoken with your BA about this?

542thruNthru

I assume he is referring to the days he works ot
Yes but are they working 8 hours and also I don't see any contractual language in 177 for PT meal periods or even in their state. So the company can just decide to say you get a meal when they want to?

Granted I may be missing something.

OrionIsDaddy

I'm confused. Why are you taking a meal break? Have you spoken with your BA about this?
They can tell you to take a lunch....which usually happens between pulls/lulls in volume.

Kinda wild how different each local contract is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-141509_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220226-141509_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 58

542thruNthru

They can tell you to take a lunch....which usually happens between pulls/lulls in volume.

Kinda wild how different each local contract is.
Also going off that language. Unless they are forcing a full hour lunch to PTers then they have to give them 20 min to eat on the clock and then pay them for the rest of the time that they work during that hour lunch.

I would be shocked if a preload allowed a full hour of no work to be done.